Chambers waiting in the wings

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Chambers waiting in the wings

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am

Welcome back, Derick. As you’re a big Chambers fan - how’d you feel about Chambo as the next manager?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/luke-cham ... -1-6570903

Thanks Bart.

derick_ipsw

Re: Chambers waiting in the wings

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:21 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am
Welcome back, Derick. As you’re a big Chambers fan - how’d you feel about Chambo as the next manager?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/luke-cham ... -1-6570903

Thanks Bart.
Thanks Tang. Are you trying to get me banned again? :lol: :lol: . To be honest, as long as he is not playing that would be ok. Can he do any worse than PL?

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Im not sure anyone would suggest Chambo as our NEXT manager. But I see no reason why, with suitable courses being completed, gaining experience and putting in the ground work, he cant be as successful as any other League 1 or 2 manager....

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:43 pm

I'd go for it if it were at all possible. Have lost faith with Lambert, never wanted him here from the beginning. Chambers has zero managerial experience but is of a reliable age and possesses good knowledge of the club and what the fans would desire. All hypothetical but you got to put the idea out there. Don't know when the season or games will be underway once more, I think the time to discuss team and players et cetera would be better fitting for when the virus issue is better contained and we got a real understanding of when to expect team business to commence once more.

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:48 pm

This is the man who - after every dire result - issues a rallying call for massive improvement the next game.
We all know what usually happens after he does this.
The man has less motivation skills than a very un-motivational thing.
Chambers as manager would be a disaster.

loudnproud
Forum Hall of Famer

Post by loudnproud » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:00 pm

OMG Please Noooooooo. Have to agree with Rossi. Cant lead on the pitch....about as much use as tits on a nun.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:20 am

If Chambo wants to become our manager or a coach here - then fine.

But he should be cutting his teeth elsewhere first. What new things can he learn here? He already knows the place inside out. What can he offer to the club? He’s already incredibly influential in the dressing room and I don’t see our players benefitting. Most of our current players have under-performed for us.

I can see Chambo becoming part of the coaching staff here, but he’d surely be better of cutting his ties with us and learning a new trade elsewhere first. If he makes a success of coaching or management elsewhere, then he’d be an obvious candidate if a position comes up in the future, but I think both parties need to cut ties and have a fresh start (whenever that is possible).