Netflix recommendations during quarantine

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Netflix recommendations during quarantine

Post by marko69 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:13 pm

Good sum up Tang. I differ though. Never proven beyond reasonable doubt and should’ve been acquitted.

I too was thinking, “did this guy kill his wife? Did she find out about him having his knob sucked and as* bashed by guys and threaten to go public?” Etc etc......, but when David Rudolf presented the court with 100% of recorded beatings having skull fractures and brain injuries, (and this case didn’t have any) .... I was convinced he was not guilty.

When the jury retired it was 8-6 in favour of guilty. I’d have been one of those 6 and wouldn’t have changed my mind on that.
FTR, I think a stair fall could indeed cause those injuries if she’d passed out nearer the top and fell from halfway or nearer the top. No doubt whatsoever. My opinion of course.

The judge was also very weak. What is it with these top American judges, .... Lance Ito and this Hudson guy...... pussies.

But riveting and the book, beyond the staircase is unputdownable....... if there is such a word.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 01, 2020 2:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:13 pm
Good sum up Tang. I differ though. Never proven beyond reasonable doubt and should’ve been acquitted.

I too was thinking, “did this guy kill his wife? Did she find out about him having his knob sucked and as* bashed by guys and threaten to go public?” Etc etc......, but when David Rudolf presented the court with 100% of recorded beatings having skull fractures and brain injuries, (and this case didn’t have any) .... I was convinced he was not guilty.

When the jury retired it was 8-6 in favour of guilty. I’d have been one of those 6 and wouldn’t have changed my mind on that.
FTR, I think a stair fall could indeed cause those injuries if she’d passed out nearer the top and fell from halfway or nearer the top. No doubt whatsoever. My opinion of course.

The judge was also very weak. What is it with these top American judges, .... Lance Ito and this Hudson guy...... pussies.

But riveting and the book, beyond the staircase is unputdownable....... if there is such a word.
Maybe I didn’t express it that well in the previous post .. I agree... he should have been acquitted because there was never enough solid evidence to convict beyond reasonable doubt. Can’t help feel the jury was coerced somehow. I thought David Rudolph did a great job in undermining the prosecution evidence and couldn’t believe the jury’s verdict.

Still a bit of a mystery and I’m not totally convinced about Mike’s innocence - but, have to say, I was on his side the more the trial went on. Never should have been convicted. And the judge was useless.

I did read on Wikipedia about another theory - death by owl! Kathleen had feathers in her hand and twigs in her hair - theres a theory she was attacked upstairs by an owl, believe it or not, which caused the lacerations and caused her to stumble down the stairs..... or it could have been Carole Baskin.

Very good series.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:01 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Carole Baskin! Superb.

“Carole Baskin,......
Killed Mike’s wife....
Pushed her
Whacked em’”

Sorry..... too many TikToks

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:02 pm

To add..,..... know nothing about owl theory. That’s tonights google searches. 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:36 pm

Like a child waiting for Christmas, couldn't wait until tonight......... Just read the owl theories. Hmmmm. I don't know. Maybe? Seems very far-fetched but it would explain the lacerations without broken skull and brain damage. Million miles from an expert so better leave it at that.

Would've liked it if the french maker had put it in the series. He certainly knew about it. He thought it'd veer people away from how the American judicial system works. There is small film apparently been added, (or is being added) by Netflix containing the owl. Will defo tune in.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 01, 2020 5:45 pm

Yep......, just watched the 3:46 netflix "owl" addition.

The owl did it. Guaranteed.

If you ever want someone convicted, don't have me on the jury. I'm open to all suggestions. :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 pm

I think they didn’t pursue the owl theory because they couldn’t prove an owl could hit someone with a blow poke.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:26 pm

They'd be getting confused with 1970's Sheffield Wednesday fans.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:04 am

EXTRACTION

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Tue May 12, 2020 1:38 pm

Yeah, like 6 underground a good bit of escapism #9

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Rolling Stones: “Ole, Ole, Ole”

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Making a Murderer.

Story of Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey. No doubt you’ll probably be more familiar with this, 9.

Shocking insight into police / judicial corruption.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:25 pm

Under The Skin, starring Scarlett Johansson. A critically acclaimed film...very abstract. Funny I only really remember two things. :lol:

Ohiotractorboy

Post by Ohiotractorboy » Thu May 28, 2020 6:07 pm

9, it is the Veronica movie directed by Paco Plaza

Just started watching Peaky Blinders...love it. I really dig mafia type shows, and the fashions of the late teens and 20s are really cool!

Marko, Making a Murderer is infuriating, but I always hesitate when only one side is presented. Still, the 16 year old interrogation is very dubious.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:18 pm

What had me audibly shouting at the tv was the judge passing sentence in the 2005 trial.
Avery was exonerated by DNA evidence for the first case that cost him 18 years yet that corrupt b*stard decided to reference it when passing sentence for the other one.
Never witnessed such an overwhelming “frame up” case.
DA, Ken Klatz will burn in hell.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri May 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Don’t know if it’s already been mentioned, but really enjoying the series ‘colony’

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:20 pm

If you haven’t seen it yet, The Old Guard is a decent watch.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:34 am

Just watched Abducted in Plain Sight. It’s a documentary movie.... absolute mental real-life story from the 70’s.

Can’t believe the people in this. If this was a fictional movie, people wouldn’t buy it... but it’s a true story. Master manipulator bad neighbour and the most gullible, trusting family who get seduced by the bad dude ... and that even includes mom, pop and their little girl. Mental.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:30 pm

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story...Hilarious!

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:31 pm

I am actually find the Umbrella Academy really good! (don't tell anyone)

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:59 pm

Not sure if you get Amazon Prime over there, but The Expanse is a great SyFy series! It's based on books written by James Corey. The script and plot are quite intelligent and require your attention. If you're not into plausible SyFy you may not like it.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Good movie: Archive

https://youtu.be/coZk2aU76v8

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 pm

I watched Breaking Bad a couple of years ago which is very good if you have not already seen it, I then started watching Better call Saul but for some reason stopped but I'm into it now as it's well worth a look.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 pm
I watched Breaking Bad a couple of years ago which is very good if you have not already seen it, I then started watching Better call Saul but for some reason stopped but I'm into it now as it's well worth a look.
Got to admit I prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad. It’s a bit more slower paced, but probably my favourite series.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:59 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:06 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Got to admit I prefer Better Call Saul to Breaking Bad. It’s a bit more slower paced, but probably my favourite series.
Any others you would recommend? I'm told Fargo is good but I've not looked yet I'm still on series 2 of Better call Saul.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:10 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:59 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:06 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:
Any others you would recommend? I'm told Fargo is good but I've not looked yet I'm still on series 2 of Better call Saul.
I like Fargo. Black comedy based very loosely on the film. 3 x 10 part series where each series has a new story with different characters at different times in history which means it doesn’t get too formulaic and stale.Some good actors are involved - Billy Bob Thornton, Ewan McGregor, David Thewlis. Definitely recommend Fargo.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Thanks that's the next one sorted 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Sorry to be boring guys but absolutely fixed on The Crown Season 4, tonight will be Episodes 6 & 7. 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:41 pm

With The Crown done and dusted time to move on. Just watched the first four episodes of The Queens Gambit which is an American miniseries about an orphaned chess prodigy on her rise to becoming the worlds greatest chess player. It was only released last month and has already become Netflix most watched scripted miniseries.

I’m also watching CNN’s “The First Ladies” which is six part a documentary series which profiles 6 US Presidents wives, Michelle Obama, Jackie Kennedy, Nancy Reagan, Eleanor Roosevelt, Lady Bird Johnson and Hilary Clinton. I guess I have a vested interest in watching this as the series was made by my son in laws film company October Films and the series was his idea. His only downside is being a Charlton Athletic supporter so bragging rights are at stake tomorrow afternoon.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:23 pm
Sorry to be boring guys but absolutely fixed on The Crown Season 4, tonight will be Episodes 6 & 7. 👍
I just finished The Crown and I thoroughly enjoyed the series. Granted a lot of it is dramatization & speculative writing, but Morgan has certainly stirred the smoldering memories I have of growing up in a country with a monarchy. Some of the music brought back my teens, and the narrative is ripe with history as we think we know it. I can’t say I agree with the portrayal of Prince Charles...it’s incomprehensible he would treat the beautiful princess and mother of his boys with such disdain. Regardless, it’s worth a look if you have any British blood in your veins.