Ipswich Town Quiz

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

DeepReddy

Ipswich Town Quiz

Post by DeepReddy » Sun May 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Let's all take this Quiz and post scores - https://footballleaguefc.com/the-ultima ... town-quiz/

AzzurroMark

Re: Ipswich Town Quiz

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon May 04, 2020 12:42 pm

Just did it and surprised myself with a 16 out of 17. I only slipped up on the (without revealing too much of the question) East Anglian derby one!

That said, i would be quite surprised if anyone on here scored less than about 12.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Azzurro......, honestly, I ain't taking the pi$$ just cos you said "12"......., but just got 11/17. Shocking effort.

No idea what Cairney looks like....., voted Bennett
No idea what Taylor looks like......, voted Nash
Broomhill road? ...... voted Newmarket Road
Chambo winning POTY? ......, voted Jackson. (Memory of 18/19 and Chambers being shyte)
First derby? voted 1905
Didn't realise Town were 5th......., thought they were outside play offs in 7th.

Disaster.

Having said that......., Hibs quiz? I'd get 17/17........., so shame on you Azzurro!! :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 04, 2020 10:34 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 9:29 pm
Azzurro......, honestly, I ain't taking the pi$$ just cos you said "12"......., but just got 11/17. Shocking effort.

Chambo winning POTY? ......, voted Jackson. (Memory of 18/19 and Chambers being shyte)
First derby? voted 1905
Didn't realise Town were 5th......., thought they were outside play offs in 7th.

Disaster.

Having said that......., Hibs quiz? I'd get 17/17........., so shame on you Azzurro!! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: sorry... Did make me laff that Marco, you keeping ok

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm

Didn't realise that post is a bit of a spoiler with answers. Deepreddy isnae gonnae be happy.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue May 05, 2020 5:29 am

marko69 wrote:

First derby? voted 1905

Disaster.

:lol: :lol: I think somebody with Norwich connections composed that quiz. A lot of Norwich options among the answer choices. The venues (as you've already given the spoiler :wink: :lol: ) Newmarket Rd and The Nest were both venues for Narwich before Carrow Rd. I see our old friend Alex Neil popped up in there too!.
Have you tried the Norwich version Marko? You might do quite well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeepReddy

Post by DeepReddy » Tue May 05, 2020 5:41 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm
Didn't realise that post is a bit of a spoiler with answers. Deepreddy isnae gonnae be happy.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I took it and scored a 14 before posting here. East Anglian derby and League position were the ones I got wrong for sure.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:55 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:29 am
marko69 wrote:

First derby? voted 1905

Disaster.

:lol: :lol: I think somebody with Norwich connections composed that quiz. A lot of Norwich options among the answer choices. The venues (as you've already given the spoiler :wink: :lol: ) Newmarket Rd and The Nest were both venues for Narwich before Carrow Rd. I see our old friend Alex Neil popped up in there too!.
Have you tried the Norwich version Marko? You might do quite well! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: There is one Norwich situation etched in my head from when I was about 14 years old....... Keith Bertshin (sp) knocking out ITFC in a 4th Rd FA CUP tie. 1-0. I was devastated that day in 83.

Norwich bstds!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 pm

DeepReddy wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 5:41 am
marko69 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 pm
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I took it and scored a 14 before posting here. East Anglian derby and League position were the ones I got wrong for sure.
Aw no! Is anyone at all going to admit to only getting 10 correct!

Please 🙏🙏 :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri May 08, 2020 4:50 pm

14 from 17 is good enough. Completed the issue a moment ago. Incorrect on league position at present time, why was it listed in roman numerals. First Norwich game contest also. Filled the time for a short while, hope to see more of these contests in due course.