TRACTOR BOY NHS WORKERS

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

TRACTOR BOY NHS WORKERS

Post by marko69 » Tue May 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Just happened to glance at Bluemikes profile and he hasn’t logged in to this forum since 22nd April. That’s a long time for a forum moderator, and with him being an NHS worker, that’s worrying.
And AylesburyBlue, also NHS worker. March 24th??
Both of you, ———> log in if you’re ok and when you get a 5 minute break. 👍

Frosty
Forum Owner

Re: TRACTOR BOY NHS WORKERS

Post by Frosty » Tue May 05, 2020 1:17 pm

Brief exchange a day or two back with Mike as it was his birthday.

All good, but work dominating life for him at present.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:57 pm

Good stuff 👍

Happy belated birthday Mike. 🎂

^^^ few thousand more candles required? ^^^

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 16, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi Marko,

Thanks for your concern, I am not too bad thanks mate, it's just been a really hectic and busy time of late, not to mention stressful every single day, truth is I am a bit burnt out right now. Football for me is a total insignificance at the moment and with what is going on I find it quite staggering how anyone can be remotely bothered with bloody Football will start up again, it isn't practical and should not happen at all for at least 6 - 8 months, it's that simple in my eyes, life has changed of late and while some seem to want things to return to normal as soon as possible they really need to get their heads out of their arses, yes there has been a slight improvement in things of late but that trend will reverse in the coming days/weeks. Football for me is bottom of the list in terms of importance.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat May 16, 2020 6:21 pm

Do you ever get a day off, mate?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:27 pm

Great to hear from you buddy, and a continued round of 👏👏👏 to all you guys and what you’re doing to help the greater population get through this. I’m sure you’ll have seen some grim situations and families dealing with loss. Keep on doing the supportive work that the masses don’t see. 👍👍👍

And yep...... no interest in football whatsoever at the moment. Tried to watch a German game through a betting site app but turned it off to watch a Bullseye rerun! Lowest of the low scenario! And they never won the speedboat.

Hope Thomas and family are doing well, stick in, guys and hopefully we’re all back to some semblance of normality in the not too distant future.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 16, 2020 7:28 pm

I get weekends off but am working overtime every day and doing the bank holidays, it would be impossible to work 7 days in these situations. Hope you are well 9

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 pm

Hey Marko, we are just doing what we are paid to do and as horrible as it is it's kinda what we sign up for, I used to be scared but now its a way of life every day, sadly the good work of recent weeks may well be undone in the coming days.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Can only assume that the incessant differing of opinion on Covid will be getting on your nerves more than anyone. I know I’ve switched off to reading the “theories” because they differ from day to day.
Wear the mask, stay 2-3 metres away when shopping and basically just follow the rules. That’s all I do.
The online covid19 geniuses can go fk themselves in my opinion. I’m done reading them.

And hey...... going to the shops is actually a task for me and I’m not keen on it.
YOU going to work is like me going to the shops for flippin HOURS! That ain’t happening and that’s why it is appreciated immensely by the vast majority. 👍

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat May 16, 2020 7:43 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:31 pm
Hey Marko, we are just doing what we are paid to do and as horrible as it is it's kinda what we sign up for, I used to be scared but now its a way of life every day, sadly the good work of recent weeks may well be undone in the coming days.
Mike, you and the staff are doing far more than what you signed up for mate, I personally thank you all and hope governments start to treat the NHS as they should, God Bless you all and stay safe,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:44 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:43 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mike, you and the staff are doing far more than what you signed up for mate, I personally thank you all and hope governments start to treat the NHS as they should, God Bless you all and stay safe,
👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 16, 2020 7:54 pm

marko69 wrote:
Can only assume that the incessant differing of opinion on Covid will be getting on your nerves more than anyone. I know I’ve switched off to reading the “theories” because they differ from day to day.
Wear the mask, stay 2-3 metres away when shopping and basically just follow the rules. That’s all I do.
The online covid19 geniuses can go fk themselves in my opinion. I’m done reading them.

And hey...... going to the shops is actually a task for me and I’m not keen on it.
YOU going to work is like me going to the shops for flippin HOURS! That ain’t happening and that’s why it is appreciated immensely by the vast majority. 👍
You are absolutely spot on Marko, all the nonsensical theories and no it alls do my head in and make me laugh tbh. As you say masks, gowns, gloves and goggles are a way of life now where work is concerned, but seeing work colleagues becoming very Ill is the worst thing, one young lad in particular fighting for life for some time now brings it home. So far I've dodged it as far as I know, I think it's a matter of time though.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 16, 2020 7:56 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Hey John, hope you are ok bud and your family. I appreciate your kindness, all this applause every week makes me feel a bit embarrassed now if I'm honest with you.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat May 16, 2020 8:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:56 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Hey John, hope you are ok bud and your family. I appreciate your kindness, all this applause every week makes me feel a bit embarrassed now if I'm honest with you.
yeah all good here mate, sorry but all that applause your just have to put up, The Town would have been promoted by now just as I predicted. as you say its only footie,

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat May 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Good on you Mike, its bad enough all of us having to deal with crap daily, but to have to deal with it on the next level must be many many times worse, hope all goes as well as it possibly can and your colleague makes a full and speedy recovery.

I fear that these easing of restrictions have come a couple of weeks early, maybe even a month, it risks very quickly undoing all the hard work that has been done and may prolong and exacerbate the damage. I hope I'm wrong.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:45 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:28 pm
I get weekends off but am working overtime every day and doing the bank holidays, it would be impossible to work 7 days in these situations. Hope you are well 9
Glad you're getting some time off. Yeah I'm alright even though these idiot Texans are starting to ditch the masks. It amazes me that people ignore the safety of others because they are stupid or embarrassed to wear a mask. :astroll:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon May 18, 2020 9:21 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 7:56 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Bluemike wrote:

Good to see you back posting Mike, I’ve been looking out for you and was banking on you coming back sometime soon. I see today is the 11th Anniversary of you joining TB.Com so the timing is perfect. Keep it going.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 18, 2020 12:23 pm

Cheers Andy, there had to be someone miss lmao. 11 years, OMG really ?

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Mon May 18, 2020 1:09 pm

I can’t remember what the reward is for 11 years service On here Mike, it’s probably latex gloves or something equally handy. :wink:

Happy Anniversary
Cheers Dave

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Frosty wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:09 pm
I can’t remember what the reward is for 11 years service On here Mike, it’s probably latex gloves or something equally handy.
NO, BIN THE GLOVES! Germ carriers......., just wash hands MORE than regularly! Well, that's the new advice of late.

Happy 11th anniversary, Bluemike! Time certainly does fly........., only seems like yesterday when Pants Storm made you gag with his Vanessa Feltz obsession! That's in the archives somewhere! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon May 18, 2020 9:59 pm

If I wash my hands anymore I'll have no f**king skin left, by Thursday of every week they are bleeding everywhere lol. As for Vanessa Feltz, that's worse than corona itself.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:38 am

Forgot to mention this...a few weeks back the Blue Angels did flybys to honor the health workers. It was awesome! Have the Red Arrows done anything in the UK?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:28 pm

Think the Canadians did and flew into someone’s house and killed the person inside.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 24, 2020 12:40 am

number 9 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 12:38 am
Forgot to mention this...a few weeks back the Blue Angels did flybys to honor the health workers. It was awesome! Have the Red Arrows done anything in the UK?

I’ve always been a great fan of the Red Arrows and been lucky enough to meet a few of the pilots but the Blue Angels are something special. I was privileged to see their display in 1992 at Finningley Air Show, it may well have been the last time if not the only time they’ve performed in the UK. Unfortunately the weather was poor which restricted them to their “flat” low level show which was amazing bordering on dangerous and most likely not allowed anymore in public. I’ve always been in awe of these guys and would have just loved to have the skills to have done their job, and when you meet them and chat to them they have no idea how special they are or how talented they are, they just see it simply as their job.

I see the Red Arrows performed recently for Captain Sir Thomas Moore to recognise his £32m raised for the NHS as part of his 100th Birthday Celebration, wow that really was an achievement, bless him.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun May 24, 2020 12:42 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:28 pm
Think the Canadians did and flew into someone’s house and killed the person inside.
I think one of the pilots died too didn’t they Mark, a female pilot I believe.