New signing

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

New signing

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri May 22, 2020 9:38 pm

Tangfastic

Re: New signing

Post by Tangfastic » Sat May 23, 2020 9:57 am

Sometimes it’s hard to get excited about these young kids brought in as usually they go nowhere. A few years ago, we seemed to have quite a number of Irish youngsters come in and they usually got released a year or two later. I remember before that we used to have some Icelandic youngsters come in as well and I’ve never heard anymore about them.

Mind you, he does look like a bit of a unit for a lad of 17. As much as I like seeing talented young players, they usually get bullied when they get to senior level. And he’s worked with our academy this last year so he must have something about him.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat May 23, 2020 5:39 pm

Aaron Drinan was one never played for town 4 times on the subs bench 2018. irish player
Gunnar Thorsteinsson 2011 now plays for IBV Iceland. Icelandic youth player at the time

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:55 pm

Never paid any attention at all to Drinan until he signed for Ayr United. Played 5 times, 1 goal and one significant game where they knocked Ross County out the cup.

But......., that aside........after consulting with the googleometer, he was a Cork City youth. And then went on to make "zero" performances for Cork City. What the hell did McCarthy see in this guy? Strange one.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 am

Would be all to easy to knock it. "Another kid coming through that won't be utilized nowhere near enough / something to no end" et cetera but it's a name from out of thousands that has worked for an opportunity and deserves a chance. Last I looked the team wasn't up to much and not expecting one new addition to make a difference although improvement would seem the only way forward.

Hope to see the name included enough by Lambert when play is under way once more in able to show any prestigious talent that may or may not be evident.