Well Town have won something...

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ricco

Well Town have won something...

Post by Ricco » Thu May 21, 2020 2:57 pm

So over the last few weeks me and five mates have been getting together (virtually) and discussing some of our favourite things in football. The form is essentially, pick your 5 favourite _________ and we'll all discuss and vote to pick our collective favourite.

This leaves us with 30 of said favourite things to wade through. The first week we covered shirts... now it's worth mentioning that none of these guys are Ipswich fans (1 Sheffield Wednesday, 1 Bristol City, 1 Manchester United (there's always one) and 2 Bristol Rovers fans), yet the winner of the shirts round, beating off a mid 90s Man U away shirt, a classic Barcelona and a classic Inter Milan shirt among others were the early 80s pinstripe Town shirts.

I was pretty surprised when it won comfortably! It's very obscure to them and considering some of the history of the shirts related to some of the best teams of all time that it was up against, I thought a Town shirt had no chance!

Anyway, thought I'd share the good news and ask what shirts others would have picked themselves? It was one of 3 Town shirts in my 5, the others being the 99/00 promotion shirt and a goalkeeper kit that I used to play in (being a goalkeeper myself).

A good victory, but I'm afraid Portman Road didn't fare as well in the stadiums round! Beaten to first by Camp Nou (among many many others!).

These are the little slides I used (I'm aware I used replica shirt photos)... oh and it's best goals this week, so maybe give me some idea of best Town goals too, I have Stewart's goal in the playoffs against Bolton so far...

Town 81/82 Home Shirt

Town 99/00 Home Shirt

Tangfastic

Re: Well Town have won something...

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 21, 2020 3:12 pm

Looks like one fan is the proud owner of Marcus Stewart’s shorts.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu May 21, 2020 3:21 pm

I did some research after I saw that, apparently at the final whistle he was so elated he actually handed them to a Barnsley fan and to this day doesn't know why he did it :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm

Town will reveal their new shirt for 2020/21 season by the end of June, and I think its going to commemorative the 40yr anniversary of the UEFA Cup winning season. The Club say "its going to be something special and likely to be the best selling Town shirt, for many a year. This makes me think we are going to get ta return of the pin striped shirt.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Fri May 22, 2020 11:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 4:50 pm
Town will reveal their new shirt for 2020/21 season by the end of June, and I think its going to commemorative the 40yr anniversary of the UEFA Cup winning season. The Club say "its going to be something special and likely to be the best selling Town shirt, for many a year. This makes me think we are going to get ta return of the pin striped shirt.
I may need you to some shopping for me again then Liz :D x

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 23, 2020 9:00 am

Strangely enough Dave, as I posted that I just KNEW I’d be hearing from you regarding the new shirt. I take it the old one I’d sent you is now a bit thread bare. 😂 I would have no issues with getting you one, just send me your vital statistics 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Wow! Hallamblue?? Nice to see you post, How you doing shnookums? I hope you’re doing ok and keeping busy and occupied.
Hopefully the football returns in the not too distant future, ..... if anything...... so we can all start arguing again! :D xxx

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:00 am
Strangely enough Dave, as I posted that I just KNEW I’d be hearing from you regarding the new shirt. I take it the old one I’d sent you is now a bit thread bare. 😂 I would have no issues with getting you one, just send me your vital statistics 👍

Awesome, thank you! Will send you the details via FB x

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Frosty wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm
hallamblue wrote:

And she’ll have the item delivered to your door by forklift truck? :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 25, 2020 7:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:26 pm
Wow! Hallamblue?? Nice to see you post, How you doing shnookums? I hope you’re doing ok and keeping busy and occupied.
Hopefully the football returns in the not too distant future, ..... if anything...... so we can all start arguing again! :D xxx
Hi Marko :D , I'm still alive and kicking still thank you munchkin. Its been a long , largely isolating experience, as I'm not able to work in the GP Surgeries I usually work in, due to the CoVid, as the doctors stopped all face to face contact, naturally. But tbh , patients simply stopped requesting Physio appointments anyway. But I have been at home (on my own prior to lockdown) , due to a foot operation (Dec 11th) I had to have . I was off work for this since Dec and was largely housebound as I was unable to weight bear for at least two months. Id just started to get about and on my feet and out the front door when bloody Lockdown happened. So I've been largely house bound since December. I'm looking forward to this ending when its safe I can tell you.

I don't think we will be at Portman Road to watch Town until the New Year now. But that's what its got to be isn't it .

I hope you and your family have been okay up in Sunny Scotland...and you've now done ALL the weeding...ALL the DIY...Unlocked that toilet (Finally), and no doubt , like me, put weight on due to eating , drinking , watching tv (Box Sets zzzz) ad nauseam ….I shall never complain about a sh*t Town performance again , I promise !! :lol: ......well, for a week anyway .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon May 25, 2020 7:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:24 pm
Frosty wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:22 pm
hallamblue wrote:

And she’ll have the item delivered to your door by forklift truck? :D
yes, no need for doorbells in Auckland :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon May 25, 2020 8:39 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:19 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:26 pm
Hi Marko :D , I'm still alive and kicking still thank you munchkin. Its been a long , largely isolating experience, as I'm not able to work in the GP Surgeries I usually work in, due to the CoVid, as the doctors stopped all face to face contact, naturally. But tbh , patients simply stopped requesting Physio appointments anyway. But I have been at home (on my own prior to lockdown) , due to a foot operation (Dec 11th) I had to have . I was off work for this since Dec and was largely housebound as I was unable to weight bear for at least two months. Id just started to get about and on my feet and out the front door when bloody Lockdown happened. So I've been largely house bound since December. I'm looking forward to this ending when its safe I can tell you.

I don't think we will be at Portman Road to watch Town until the New Year now. But that's what its got to be isn't it .

I hope you and your family have been okay up in Sunny Scotland...and you've now done ALL the weeding...ALL the DIY...Unlocked that toilet (Finally), and no doubt , like me, put weight on due to eating , drinking , watching tv (Box Sets zzzz) ad nauseam ….I shall never complain about a sh*t Town performance again , I promise !! :lol: ......well, for a week anyway .
December until now is a long time not being able to live life normally. Hope the foot has healed 100% and you’re back physio-ing very soon....., when this virus has quit killing us.

Until then, box sets of chocolate 👍👍👍 and box sets of Netflix :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 pm

Sadly Marko, my foot hasn't faired too well. I was about to see Consultant again in a follow up appoint and have a corticosteroid injection for pain relief, but then bloody lock down happened so all appointments well cancelled. So have no idea when ill get t see him again....or even what they intend to do next (If anything ). But as it stands I cant really walk very well at all. I had 3 major ops done on the foot all at same time ( Their decision), which is why Ive had such a time of it . All I want is to be able to stand and walk pain free. :roll:

But I'm lucky aren't I , when you think about ...…….36k people have died since I had this foot operation! x

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 26, 2020 6:03 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:14 pm
Sadly Marko, my foot hasn't faired too well. I was about to see Consultant again in a follow up appoint and have a corticosteroid injection for pain relief, but then bloody lock down happened so all appointments well cancelled. So have no idea when ill get t see him again....or even what they intend to do next (If anything ). But as it stands I cant really walk very well at all. I had 3 major ops done on the foot all at same time ( Their decision), which is why Ive had such a time of it . All I want is to be able to stand and walk pain free. :roll:

But I'm lucky aren't I , when you think about ...…….36k people have died since I had this foot operation! x
Don’t play this down, Lady! Yes it’s very sad that 36K have died...... but you’re very much alive and kicking! Well, maybe not kicking with that dodgy foot, but ALIVE!! :D

Fingers crossed that sometime within the next 8 months to a year, the NHS will have managed to get back to how they always superbly operated after their recent super human efforts with this shitty virus. Then you’ll get the appointments required to get you walking pain free.

That goes for everyone on here with issues, physical or mental....... hope you’re all doing ok.
Incidentally I had a telephone app today with my doc, ...., his closing words, “Well Mark, Covid hasn’t helped you I’m afraid; you’re still fairly mental!” Cheers Doc. 👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue May 26, 2020 9:07 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: good ole marko ….I've missed you -x-

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed May 27, 2020 7:40 pm

Just seen these posted on TWTD. Don't know if its the new shirts or not …..

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sun May 31, 2020 1:10 pm

No comment on the legitimacy of that, not sure if any updates, but if as you say they're going for some 40 year nostalgia, they may well be, the red stripe shirt wasn't until '84 though...

Good to see you back on here HB

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun May 31, 2020 7:35 pm

Thanks Ricco, for that .

I’m thinking now, that this is quite clearly not an official Town shirt ...... you cant see it on the White shirt pic as too small, but the club badge is actually the original Town badge and not the Suffolk Punch.

I’m wondering if the new away shirt might be Newcastle Utd in style to commemorate SBR links with both clubs? Would be vastly different ‘tis true, but I personally think the ‘81 pin stripe shirt could be our home shirt in some form for next season to mark that UEFA cup winning season. We’ll see soon I guess .