Project Restart

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Andym

Re: Project Restart

Post by Andym » Tue May 26, 2020 12:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 5:50 am
I honestly don't think anything will change except we will lose half a dozen lower league sides then normal greed resumed.
I agree ........except I think half a dozen is an underestimate. I guess it depends how soon spectators can be allowed back.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 pm

What are peoples thoughts on returning to matches once we are allowed? If, say , the powers that be allowed fans into grounds from August 1, would you go? when would you deem it safe? are you even worried about it now? Im interested to know. I have a 7 year old step son, and me and his mother wont be sending him back to school till the start of the new school year (sept)… and it made me think about how I would approach going back to football.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue May 26, 2020 2:47 pm

For me personally if I am prepared to expose myself to the risks every day at work then I would do the same if allowed in my social life but that is just me, I think people should think long and hard about their own situation, everyone will be different.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue May 26, 2020 3:26 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 8:14 am
goldandblack wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 9:53 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 2:30 am
Good article.

But let's face it......., the majority of the 92 clubs were running with MASSIVE losses. Not many "businesses" would get away with it. I know the bank would call an emergency with myself within a couple weeks if I was spending way more than I was bringing in, -----> and in football terms, considerably more!!

Wake up call for all business around the world..... Especially sports....... And in particular, football.

Got to suppose Bury FC fans have a head start on the "defunct football club" therapy sessions.
I have this theory Marko. (don't call the van with the little white wheels yet)

All the warnings on global warming,
All these top politicians and presidents meeting at 5k star hotels/mansions,
All these kids trying there best to make us listen.
Footballers earning obscene figures, probably more a week than normal folk earn a year,
etc etc etc,
NOTHING CHANGED.

Then comes along this little bug/ virus
Planes polluting the Sky's
Cars, polluting the air we breath,
the world dying because of Man.

All stopped by this little bug/ virus overnight.
Any how my theory is,

1.Nature has spoken that if we don't stop killing the earth then nature will. which includes us becoming extinct.
2.Aliens watching us destroying our planet have sent this virus down as a warning.

Also when /if this nightmare finally ends we will just return to our normal greed.

Wolfie has spoken, Power to the people Image
Maybe there’s some lessons for us to learn in theory number 1.... although I think the alien theory let’s the Chinese of the hook a bit.
I’m still curious as to how and why the virus started and caused the world to go into meltdown.
Last edited by goldandblack on Wed May 27, 2020 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:20 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:38 pm
What are peoples thoughts on returning to matches once we are allowed? If, say , the powers that be allowed fans into grounds from August 1, would you go? when would you deem it safe? are you even worried about it now? Im interested to know. I have a 7 year old step son, and me and his mother wont be sending him back to school till the start of the new school year (sept)… and it made me think about how I would approach going back to football.
It’s risky going in to Easter Road stadium any time, never mind a virus kicking about the Leithers........, but I’ve already decided to bin football until August 2021, for the 21/22 season. Plenty other things to do and I’ll look forward to going back my beloved East Stand with my son in 14 moths time.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 pm

I rrslly ding know if i would go at the moment. I don't see any vaccine coming soon if ever. Hopefully we might find better ways of treating infected prople.

The evidence suggests that there is less chance of catching the virus outdoors. But if also suggests that the time soent in close contact with an infected person is important. You are unlikely to catch it by passing someone. But 10 minutes or mire increases your chances.

Shouting also spreads the virus just as coughing and sneezing does so a footy match poses serious risks. I'm 66. The risk of death by covid19 for my age is 1 in 1143. I'm male. Shortens the odds. I'm white, not overweight, diabetic. Lengthens the odds. High blood pressure, cancer surgery a year ago. Shortens the odds.

The fatal risk doubles with every 6 or 7 years of age. I really don't know what I'd do. What I do know is you can't rely on Government advice. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a shambolic bunch.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue May 26, 2020 11:34 pm

“Stay at Home”, “Stay Safe”, “Watch it on the Telly for a Year”.....

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed May 27, 2020 8:30 am

Andym wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:03 pm
I rrslly ding know if i would go at the moment. I don't see any vaccine coming soon if ever. Hopefully we might find better ways of treating infected prople.

The evidence suggests that there is less chance of catching the virus outdoors. But if also suggests that the time soent in close contact with an infected person is important. You are unlikely to catch it by passing someone. But 10 minutes or mire increases your chances.

Shouting also spreads the virus just as coughing and sneezing does so a footy match poses serious risks. I'm 66. The risk of death by covid19 for my age is 1 in 1143. I'm male. Shortens the odds. I'm white, not overweight, diabetic. Lengthens the odds. High blood pressure, cancer surgery a year ago. Shortens the odds.

The fatal risk doubles with every 6 or 7 years of age. I really don't know what I'd do. What I do know is you can't rely on Government advice. I don't think I've ever witnessed such a shambolic bunch.
That’s a well researched account. If the odds you mention are accurate - and I certainly don’t disbelieve them - then I’d take those odds anyday. Especially since I’m a bit younger and don’t have any known underlying health issues. BUT .... are we still focusing on not transmitting the disease to more vulnerable people and not overwhelming the health service, rather than a fear of getting it ourselves? On this odds, I’d be prepared to take the risk, but don’t want to be the one that spreads it to more vulnerable people.
I’d really like to know how many people have actually had it? Because the PL is testing players now, there are reports of players testing positive, but I’m guessing it’s not because they showed symptoms, but only because they were forced into a test. So how many of us have actually had it without showing any serious symptoms?

I don’t think waiting for a vaccine is the answer. It could be years and I’d rather open up society step by step, which seems to be what they’re aiming at.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed May 27, 2020 11:30 am

Selfishly...... I think more will be scared of getting it rather than passing on. Screw everyone else.

Long story short from late March......, brother in law is in oil industry, project manager on some Norwegian boat up off coast of Iceland. Someone on boat showing signs of CV19. Boat then docked at Aberdeen, everyone quarantined two weeks. He’s tested, negative.

He then drives home to Edinburgh. Mid April, before heading off again on another boat mission, he gets tested. Positive. No symptoms. (To this day, no symptoms) ..... he self isolated again for couple weeks.

And this IS the point of the story...... he was out for a cycle just last week, passed our house. My wife was like, “oh great, my brother is stopping by”
Me: “Tell him to stand in that field over there!”

So you see..... selfish b*stard. Stand waaaaaay over there you fking infected brother in law even though you’re now negative!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed May 27, 2020 10:28 pm

Picking up on snippets of information and reading between the lines my money is on the Premier League restarting on 19/20 June.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu May 28, 2020 6:46 am

nicscreamer wrote:
There will be that many empty seats at PR when it restarts that you will automatically be 2 meters apart from the nearest fan. :lol:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 6:46 am
nicscreamer wrote:
There will be that many empty seats at PR when it restarts that you will automatically be 2 meters apart from the nearest fan. :lol:
Reminds me of the old Jasper Carrot Joke … I was at Birmingham game last week and I said to the next guy in the stand OI MATE...DO YOU THINK WE WILL WIN???

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu May 28, 2020 9:15 am

I dread to think what season ticket numbers will be like in Leagues One & Two next season.

At least the Prem League and Championship have the prospect of restoring interest in June & July if they manage to finish off the current campaign, whereas the future looks bleak at the lower levels where some clubs could easily go bust over the summer.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu May 28, 2020 10:12 am

I've seen an article about crowds being allowed to return if measures are put in place... I wonder if there would be some way of letting just season ticket holders in, limiting the number so that the fans could be spread out around the ground? With a capacity of 30,000 Portman Road should be able to accommodate 10,000 with spacing. Not sure how the entry/exit etc would work, but maybe there is a way of it being worked out?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu May 28, 2020 10:30 am

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:12 am
I've seen an article about crowds being allowed to return if measures are put in place... I wonder if there would be some way of letting just season ticket holders in, limiting the number so that the fans could be spread out around the ground? With a capacity of 30,000 Portman Road should be able to accommodate 10,000 with spacing. Not sure how the entry/exit etc would work, but maybe there is a way of it being worked out?
I suppose families can sit together in groups. It would need a lot of support from the fans, but a hell of a lot of organisation. I suppose you could stagger fan entry over a period of time to avoid a surge of fans at once. It seems a real headache.

I would think it’s best to limit fans as much as possible at the very start. Maybe even only a fifth of capacity, just so they are able to get used to dealing with the fans. With 30,000 capacity, we should be able to get on top of things, but smaller grounds could really struggle.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am

Every single person ive spoken to in recent days/weeks has not renewed their ST, I have not found one person who has.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am
Every single person ive spoken to in recent days/weeks has not renewed their ST, I have not found one person who has.
I have. Mainly because I couldn't be arsed to cancel. I suppose I see it as a donation really.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu May 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I have

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 28, 2020 12:10 pm

That's 3 of us then lol

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
I have. Mainly because I couldn't be arsed to cancel. I suppose I see it as a donation really.
Yeah I see it as a donation too. I don't honestly expect to see any matches live before 2021, but I live in hope. Its not vast sums of money when spread over a year, and I am saving my gym membership anyway.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:53 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 8:24 am
Reminds me of the old Jasper Carrot Joke … I was at Birmingham game last week and I said to the next guy in the stand OI MATE...DO YOU THINK WE WILL WIN???
I remember that. :lol: Classic

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu May 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:10 pm
That's 3 of us then lol
You have the Bobby Robson, I will have the East of England and AndyM can have the Ramsay?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu May 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Sorted !!!

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu May 28, 2020 7:35 pm

We'll be kept busy returning balls to the pitch.

I remember a Luton Reserves game msny years ago. They only opened one stand for reserve games but one young boy had somehow got in the stand behind the goal. Someone shot wide and this lad picked the ball up and was about to throw it back.....and you could see his brain working. He tucked the ball under his arm and ran like f*ck out the ground with it. Balls were expensive on those days. Everyone pissed themselves laughing.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri May 29, 2020 12:48 am

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:11 pm
Andym wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Yeah I see it as a donation too. I don't honestly expect to see any matches live before 2021, but I live in hope. Its not vast sums of money when spread over a year, and I am saving my gym membership anyway.
I have renewed mine and the families

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:49 am

That boy running like f*ck out the stadium with the ball tucked under his arm was you Andy wasn’t it? Come on. Admit it.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 29, 2020 10:40 am

I don’t think we’ll have problems fans stealing the ball when it goes into the crowd.

I can see fans parting like the Red Sea when it comes anywhere near them. Probably need a designated PPE-wearing ball retriever to send it back onto the pitch.

Looks like the PL will start on June 17th. And the FA CUP Final planned for 1st August - I forgot all about the FA Cup. Our country cousins play Man U in the quarter finals.

Well.... PL players are going to have to start earning their massive wages now if they’re going to get this season concluded.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 am

Charnwood wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:28 pm
Picking up on snippets of information and reading between the lines my money is on the Premier League restarting on 19/20 June.

Dam, my prediction was two days out, 17 June it is then for the Premier League restart. For those involved our Prediction League and TB.Cup will restart too.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am

Suppose the season (EPL) resumes on the date indicated, what happens when these last few games are concluded. What, just start the new season there and then with no summer break. We've had one (up til now) with the lockdown issue, sure as hell can't see them taking the standard three month intermission, best guess they'll be up and running once more with little to no time in way of respite and preparation.

Do we play out our remaining fixtures here also in League One, it's immaterial isn't it.. Kind of wish for some resolution in the division but there's feasibly nothing to shoot for.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri May 29, 2020 11:58 am

saint jude wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am
Suppose the season (EPL) resumes on the date indicated, what happens when these last few games are concluded. What, just start the new season there and then with no summer break. We've had one (up til now) with the lockdown issue, sure as hell can't see them taking the standard three month intermission, best guess they'll be up and running once more with little to no time in way of respite and preparation.

Do we play out our remaining fixtures here also in League One, it's immaterial isn't it.. Kind of wish for some resolution in the division but there's feasibly nothing to shoot for.

The EFL is still messing about with no answer, but I feel we won’t be involved - maybe only 4 play-off teams ( whoever they decide they are) will play on. Waiting on the voting from the other clubs, but I would think most clubs wouldn’t want to play for financial reasons or not to jeopardise their own league positions.