Towns season has ended.....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Towns season has ended.....

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:34 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post439649

But a question. If the Clubs that have voted for this season to end because they can’t afford to play behind closed doors, and can’t afford the required testing, does this mean they will be withdrawing from the League because they are presumably unable to fulfil their fixture commitments for the 20/21 season?

nicscreamer

Re: Towns season has ended.....

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Our season ended a long time ago, this was just the final curtain call. Thank god the whole sorry saga is over and we can now plan for when things get back to "normal" however, and whenever that may be. There are going to be a lot of clubs in deep mire for the next few years and I can see many going to the wall.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Resuming the season would've been pointless(no pun intended) for us anyway. I can only hope we're a much better team when normality returns. At least our injured players will have plenty of time to recover and regain fitness.

Of course I can hear it now, Evans will be preaching the gospel on his tight wallet even more than before:
"Sorry folks, but we won't be painting the turnstiles this year...unless some of you great fans step up and volunteer to pay for the paint and labor." :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:10 pm

Hey....... you’ve been in America too long, Boyo!
It’s “labour!”

Stop being lazy!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:10 pm
Hey....... you’ve been in America too long, Boyo!
It’s “labour!”

Stop being lazy!
I actually used to care about that! :lol: