Project Restart

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Re: Project Restart

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:04 am

If sky have microphones round the pitch as usual the amount of swearing that players do will make it interesting to say the least. Ofcom will shut them down.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:51 pm

Or worse. Racism ———> new football related protests / violence.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:26 pm

Here is the full Premier League Fixture List till the end of the season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/pr ... s-fixtures

For Prediction League players, our season will resume over the weekend 20/21 June.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:29 pm

It looks as if The Championship will also return to action on 20 June although this is still to be confirmed.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 pm

I thought the clubs in Leagues One and Two had already decided to end the season without completing the outstanding fixtures but I’ve just read that the teams in League One were still undecided. Is this correct ?

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 am

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:33 pm
I thought the clubs in Leagues One and Two had already decided to end the season without completing the outstanding fixtures but I’ve just read that the teams in League One were still undecided. Is this correct ?
Indeed yes. Meeting next week to decide.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 am

TODD66 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:34 am
Charnwood wrote:
It seems pretty pointless to me. I can't see supporters back before 2021 at the earliest by which time half the clubs will no longer exist.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:12 am

Andym wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 am
TODD66 wrote:
Charnwood wrote:
It seems pretty pointless to me. I can't see supporters back before 2021 at the earliest by which time half the clubs will no longer exist.

You may well be right Andy, I think the future for professional football at the lower levels looks pretty bleak.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:41 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:12 am
Andym wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:59 am
TODD66 wrote:

You may well be right Andy, I think the future for professional football at the lower levels looks pretty bleak.
A lot of it will depend on the fans desire to want to go back to watch football again.

I did read this in the EADT today.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... -1-6688597

Are fans not missing football that much? I’ve heard it on here as well. Maybe it will be a factor in the future and people will have different priorities on a matchday. I think people will still feel a need to have football in their lives as escapism, but they might prefer to watch Premier League games instead at home. More safer, cheaper and less effort. I really hope lower league teams can survive, though.
I think Town will be alright as we’re a relative big fish in a smallish pond in League One. We’ll be poorer and more hard hit, but they’ll be more teams worse off than us.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 pm

Not distinguishing between countries, honest I'm not, but I'm missing the Hibs brand of football. Yes, that'll be sh*te to most but it's what I miss. The reason I say that is after watching a couple of the German games, its reminded me of the cheating. Something that only The Rangers and Morelos in particular have brought to Scottish football recently. So as far as the broader aspect, ie, the EPL, the VAR, the continental stuff.........., if it never came back, I wouldn't care a jot.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:37 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:29 pm
It looks as if The Championship will also return to action on 20 June although this is still to be confirmed.
Here are the CHAMPIONSHIP restart fixtures confirmed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/ch ... s-fixtures

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 pm

TODD66 wrote:
Charnwood wrote:
It looks like the meeting of English Football League clubs to rubber-stamp proposals on how to end a season early because of coronavirus has been moved to tomorrow night (Tuesday 9 June). So we won’t be waiting long to know the outcome.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:25 pm
Not distinguishing between countries, honest I'm not, but I'm missing the Hibs brand of football. Yes, that'll be sh*te to most but it's what I miss. The reason I say that is after watching a couple of the German games, its reminded me of the cheating. Something that only The Rangers and Morelos in particular have brought to Scottish football recently. So as far as the broader aspect, ie, the EPL, the VAR, the continental stuff.........., if it never came back, I wouldn't care a jot.
Same here Marko, its ITFC or nothing for me, I couldn't give a flying sh*te about the immoral Premier league tbh.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:46 pm
marko69 wrote:
Same here Marko, its ITFC or nothing for me, I couldn't give a flying sh*te about the immoral Premier league tbh.

As much as I’d love to see it happen again I think it will be a while before you need to start worrying about ITFC playing in the Premier League.

Tonight I’ve just watched Town v Leeds United highlights from 1976 on ITV4. If nothing else it reminded me just how far we’ve fallen since those days of Cooper, Burley, Mills, Talbot, Hunter, Beattie, Wark, Osborne, Mariner, Whymark & Woods.

Just testing myself on the team I’ve just watched playing in that game, must be 8 International’s in that team.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:16 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:59 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:46 pm
marko69 wrote:

As much as I’d love to see it happen again I think it will be a while before you need to start worrying about ITFC playing in the Premier League.

Tonight I’ve just watched Town v Leeds United highlights from 1976 on ITV4. If nothing else it reminded me just how far we’ve fallen since those days of Cooper, Burley, Mills, Talbot, Hunter, Beattie, Wark, Osborne, Mariner, Whymark & Woods.

Just testing myself on the team I’ve just watched playing in that game, must be 8 International’s in that team.
Well we had quite a few international this or last season which meant we could postpone games. Except our internationals played for England under 20’s, Cyprus or Albania. The only full international was Judge for Ireland.... and he was shocking.
The best eleven in the 81 season were all full internationals, apart from Paul Cooper.

Today is the decision day for whether to continue League One. I can’t see it happening, but we’ll likely watch other sides fight it out in the play-offs. After the start we had it’s unbelievable how we imploded. Even mid-table form after the first two months would have kept us in the top six.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:15 pm

You’re ban* on Tang, our season is over with Coventry City and Rotherham United duly promoted to the Championship with Wycombe Wanderers, Oxford United, Portsmouth and Fleetwood Town to fight it out for promotion via the Play Offs. How the f*ck we managed to avoid being involved, ask Paul Lambert.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:19 am

In truth kind of wanted to see us play out our remaining fixtures even though any promotion chance was between slim and non-existent. Just the interaction after months away and some focus of discussion et cetera. Could not give a rat's as* about the teams that remain or get to play out their fixtures in the top six. Lot of pissing around over the last few weeks, uncertainty and misdirection : if nothing else some resolution has come at last.

Even though play was effectively ended for us by Spring it's been another poor season here with the games and results gone the way they have. Two thirds of a campaign completed, stopped in it's tracks - then ultimately derailed.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:36 am

Much of the problem came from the start of the season. We kept winning when we didn't deserve to. I seem to recall saying then that I still thought we wouldn't get promotion and were hardly a top-half-of-the-table side. I know it's a results-based business but you can't keep playing crap and winning. That start hid the tactical issues that were rarely addressed. People blamed the constant squad rotation and I'm sure it didn't help. But I'll reiterate what I said before and during the season on many occasions. The way to achieve promotion is to attack. Luton and Norwich were prime examples. When we did (I think Coventry away was one of those occasions but my brain is addled) we looked like a good side. As the two clubs mentioned found out to their cost, following promotion you must tighten the defence to stay up, a point I also made before the start of the season.

The loss of players to injury didn't help, but we occasionally saw a team pushing up from the back, moving the ball quickly and getting the midfield forward. But this happened all too rarely. That is why we failed to achieve promotion. Results may have fallen away but the performances and tactics were pretty dire - or at least inconsistent - the start.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm

Heard a rumour today that the club are potentially working on the notion that season ticket holders might be allowed back by October. It obviously depends on how the virus goes from here and whether there is a second wave, and there are practicalities of entry and exit. buy if the 2 metre distancing is reduced to 1.5 or even 1, seats would be reallocated to enable distancing - presumably not for those from the same household.

I can't say how accurate this rumour is; it came from someone working in Planet Blue.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Makes no sense at all, Andy.

What about sitting in your seat, then people want past to go to the toilet, or snack bar? How they going to pass by keeping 1.5 or 1 metre apart?

Its a load of absolute shyte and I'm sick of reading it. Either open football back up, let the invisible killer do its best,..... OR, the media just comply and STFU.

FTR, I want everything opened back up......, the economy is suffering......., but there have been NO plans that make ANY fking sense yet.

There is NO PLAN that any government official can regurgitate into the media that will make any sense with regards to "crowded" sporting events. There's NOTHING that will make sense other than admitting its less serious than regular influenza......., and thats not going to happen.

"Whats that, Tam?"
"Bought this to see if those knob enlargement drugs were working."
"And?"
" Nah, not much difference really, but its great for judging the other fans distances."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, if any of these fans get closer than......." , (fan shuffles past with pizza slice) "HEY, YOU'RE ONLY 0.8Metres AWAY? GET OUT MA SPACE!"

Not going to work.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:48 pm

I agree. I can't see it. It's just what I heard. Wishful thinking by the club....or someone making it up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:38 pm

I bet something like that will happen though Andy.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:00 pm
Heard a rumour today that the club are potentially working on the notion that season ticket holders might be allowed back by October. It obviously depends on how the virus goes from here and whether there is a second wave, and there are practicalities of entry and exit. buy if the 2 metre distancing is reduced to 1.5 or even 1, seats would be reallocated to enable distancing - presumably not for those from the same household.

I can't say how accurate this rumour is; it came from someone working in Planet Blue.
Football is desperate to get fans back 8n the grounds. I think the EFL are in consultation with Government officials to see if there’s a way forwards in line with current G t guidelines, which are under constant review obviously.

But also I think Clubs have suddenly woken up to the fact that they actually fans!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:29 pm

100 new Covid cases in China. That’s it all fkd again. Two in NZ apparently?
We cannot go through “Covid spread” stories again. 🤦‍♂️

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:14 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:29 pm
The 2 in New Zealand both flew n from England.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:14 pm
marko69 wrote:
Good ol’ Brits..... and now they want to invade Europe for their summer hols ☹️

Flying round the world on non essential flights should be banned until this virus has been put to bed or a vaccine is found.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm
Andym wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Flying round the world on non essential flights should be banned until this virus has been put to bed or a vaccine is found.
l
Agreed. If we had all done that at the beginning.....

The tabloids still bleat on about whether we can holiday abroad. i blame the newspapers for all the world's ills. 😂
I can't think why anyone would want to risk travelling through an airport and on a plane .....assuming you can get travel insurance.....

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:30 pm
Andym wrote:

l
Agreed. If we had all done that at the beginning.....

The tabloids still bleat on about whether we can holiday abroad. i blame the newspapers for all the world's ills. 😂
I can't think why anyone would want to risk travelling through an airport and on a plane .....assuming you can get travel insurance.....
I read these were two women who went to NZ for a family funeral and not a holiday.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:20 pm

That’s correct, they are actually two kiwi sisters returning home apparently (we do allow NZ residents back under a 2 week quarantine scenario).

Heads will roll over this, protocols breached, so far believed they may have had over 300 close contacts to be traced.

Still Saint f**king Jacinda will no doubt do nothing about the offenders as per usual.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:21 pm

That may well be true. All I saw was that they flew in from England.

I guess it still shows a need to test before being allowed to travel.