This article says it for me .....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Re: This article says it for me .....

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:19 pm

Well if he’s a journeyman, he’s a successful one. One of the highest paid players here... and hardly played. Then gets a break with Sheffield Utd... and suddenly goes injury-free and gets into the PL. When there’s a big pay-day waiting .... some players seem to suddenly have a spring in their step ... and then when the ink is still wet on their new improved contract, suddenly lose form or get injured.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:33 pm

That’s Didsy almost to a tee. So many professional players appear to be like this - get their contracts renewed and signed and back into neutral mode they go. It’s maddening tbh.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 pm

These are the players I would retain for next season......

Ipswich Town Squad 2020/21

Goalkeepers: Holy, Przybek, Wright

Defenders: Donacien, Chambers, Wilson, Woolfenden, Vincent-Young, Nsiala, Kenlock, Ndaba, Cotter

Midfielders: Skuse, Downes, Huws, Judge, Dozzell, Nolan, Bishop, McGavin, El Mizouni, Nydam

Wingers:Edwards, Lankester, Dobra

Strikers: Jackson, Norwood, Sears, Folami, Morris, Drinan

Young players: Clements, Andoh, Z Brown, K Brown, Crowe, Smith, Henderson, Simpson, Crane, Gibbs

That's 15 players, if we are looking at a squad of 20 then we have scope for Five new additions to the first team squad, either new signings or Academy kids.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:21 am

Bluemike wrote:
    Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 pm
    These are the players I would retain for next season......

Ipswich Town Squad 2020/21

Goalkeepers: Holy, Przybek, Wright

Defenders: Donacien, Chambers, Wilson, Woolfenden, Vincent-Young, Nsiala, Kenlock, Ndaba, Cotter

Midfielders: Skuse, Downes, Huws, Judge, Dozzell, Nolan, Bishop, McGavin, El Mizouni, Nydam

Wingers:Edwards, Lankester, Dobra

Strikers: Jackson, Norwood, Sears, Folami, Morris, Drinan

Young players: Clements, Andoh, Z Brown, K Brown, Crowe, Smith, Henderson, Simpson, Crane, Gibbs

That's 15 players, if we are looking at a squad of 20 then we have scope for Five new additions to the first team squad, either new signings or Academy kids.
    Any players under 21 are exempt from the maximum squad limit of 20... so a few could be retained. I’d keep McGavin as I think he could develop.... maybe a replacement for Skuse. And if Nydam comes back strong from his injury - I’d like to see him given a chance.
    I’d keep Edwards. Did OK in the end as a makeshift wing back.

If the squad size of 20 is implemented, I can’t see it being next season - maybe for the season after. In which case, there’ll be a lot of players out of contract and it will be a lot easier to offload players. Probably the last playing season for Chambers and Skuse.
    Definitely need to bring in players. Can’t see a target man in our squad and, apart from Downes, no real physical midfielder. No genuine left back as Kenlock didn’t push on.

TBH... based on last season we’ve got a squad of underperforming senior players, injury-prone players, some ageing players and a number of promising young players who aren’t quite ready... along with just a few stand-outs ( Downes, Woolfy, KVY). And can’t rely on Downes or KVY not being picked up by bigger clubs.
    I’d hope Lambert has got his eye on a few players to bring in to plug the gaps.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:26 pm

marko69 wrote:
    Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:35 pm
    🤦‍♂️ Oh no. Squad discussions again.

Off to seek out more Covid death stories and Trump tweets.
    Quality sarcasm at its best. :lol: