9k Season Tkt Renewals

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

9k Season Tkt Renewals

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:39 pm

derick_ipsw

Re: 9k Season Tkt Renewals

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Under the circumstances that is f**king amazing. :shock:

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:37 pm

Bravo. Did not expect that. Very impressive

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:34 pm

Well done. Great stuff.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:02 pm

It may on the surface feel like good news but if we lose another 25% next year which is highly likely if we’re still mid table of League 1 it would mean our season ticket holder numbers will have reduced from 12,000 to 6,750 over two seasons.

I’m really hoping that by the time the new season kicks off this number increases to 10,500 - 11,000, and if that happens then we can start to celebrate.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:02 pm
It may on the surface feel like good news but if we lose another 25% next year which is highly likely if we’re still mid table of League 1 it would mean our season ticket holder numbers will have reduced from 12,000 to 6,750 over two seasons.

I’m really hoping that by the time the new season kicks off this number increases to 10,500 - 11,000, and if that happens then we can start to celebrate.
I think 9000 signed up is pretty amazing since we’ve got no guaranteed fixtures or any start date. I’m going for the positive vibe and thinking Town fans are on board and wanting to give yet again to the club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:40 pm

^^^ Yep ^^^

People have a lot more faith in normality resuming than I certainly imagined.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Very surprised and very pleased. I agree that without any guarantee of any fixtures it's unbelievable. The fans paying up are a credit to the club.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:45 pm

People want a return to action nothing more. I think if we were starting out in Non-League in a few weeks or whenever the damn thing is underway once more, such has been the void of play since March i.e. interaction, game view and analysis et cetera that any majority just want the opportunity to be involved as before.

Worth wondering if Lambert had up and left before now (could add owner also) that any renewal numbers / purchases may or could have been significantly higher / improved on. There's a certain necessity to return to action, could well be a continuation of crap (but) you just got to believe in better and go on from where you're at.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:10 am

The coronavirus crisis could cost Ipswich Town as much as £10million as football continues to be hit hard by the global pandemic.

The Blues have not played a game since March 7 due to the virus, with the League One season ended early last month and still no certainty over when the 2020/21 campaign will begin.

That meant the final five home games of Town’s season were cancelled, with the Blues having already offered refunds on the 2,500 individual tickets bought for those matches and news on season ticket refunds expected early next week.

A range of refund or credit options are likely to be offered but, should all supporters ask for their money back, that would cost the club north of £800,000.

Close to £1million in matchday revenue – including ticket sales, merchandise, hospitality, concessions and sponsorships – has already been lost due to the cancellation of those five home games.

But by far the biggest threat of loss relates to season tickets for the 2020/21 campaign.

Close to 9,000 supporters have renewed their seats for next season despite not knowing when play will begin or if they will be allowed in the stadium to watch, representing a drop of 3,000 from last season’s total of 12,000 season ticket holders. The drop equates to a £1million revenue decrease for the club.

In a worst-case scenario, in which the entire 2020/21 season is played behind-closed-doors, Ipswich would be in a position where they would need to refund supporters to the tune of £3million, while also losing close to £4million in matchday income from tickets, hospitality, sponsorship, advertising and concourse takings. Matchday income from the club’s Planet Blue shop totals around £250,000 over the course of a season.
You may also want to watch:
Watch more local videos

Those losses could be mitigated in part if reduced capacities are allowed to return, as has been suggested for September, but, even with a phased return, not being able to operate at full capacity will hit the club financially given the costs of staging games at Portman Road.

Away from games the club are understood to be expecting losses of £600,000 in terms of commercial revenue, usually brought in from the hiring of the Portman Road executive suites and bars, as well as the fieldturf.

The club had also planned on hosting a fanzone on the fieldturf at Portman Road during Euro 2020, following the success of the events held around the 2018 World Cup, with the cancellation potentially costing the club £600,000.

There is also expected to be a deficit in sponsorship and advertising which would usually come from the EFL, though the size of those losses are not yet known.

The newly relaunched ITFC Community Trust is also expecting losses in the region of £100,000 which, though a stand alone charity, is also likely to impact the club itself.

Some money has been saved given the majority of the club’s off-field staff have been placed on the government’s furlough scheme, which covers 80% of employees’ wages, with owner Marcus Evans topping up wages to ensure all staff receive a full monthly salary.

While the pandemic has had and will continue to have a major impact on the club, the Blues are thought to be in a better situation than the majority of those in League One, given it is understood Evans will continue to cover the club’s losses.

The Town owner’s global conferencing and hospitality businesses are likely to have been severely impacted by the pandemic but, again, he is understood to be better equipped than most given he does not rely on large bank loans.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:10 am

While the pandemic has had and will continue to have a major impact on the club, the Blues are thought to be in a better situation than the majority of those in League One, given it is understood Evans will continue to cover the club’s losses.
The Town owner’s global conferencing and hospitality businesses are likely to have been severely impacted by the pandemic but, again, he is understood to be better equipped than most given he does not rely on large bank loans.
Well done Marcus! I take back everything bad thing I've said about you! :lol:

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:58 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:10 am

Well done Marcus! I take back everything bad thing I've said about you! :lol:
:lol: Beautiful

Superchef1

Post by Superchef1 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:16 pm

I dont believe it :)

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:22 am

Town fans are often criticised in some quarters , but I think the fan base is actually very loyal given the two decades of utter crap we’ve had to put up with. It’s easy to support a Club when things are going right or there’s the odd promotion here and there it cup run. Not so when you have nothing to get excited about season upon season. I think Town fans deserve a break and a pat in the back frankly , for continuing to put their money where their mouth is .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:42 am

The anticipation of winning trophies is what being a football fan is all about though, Hallam. Those fans of certain clubs who “expect” trophies aren’t fans.
I personally don’t see it as “utter crap” .... just supporting the club you love more than a cheese & onion toastie. That’s pure love.

When Ipswich win their next trophy, people will party for a whole week.
Man Utd / City fans go home and put the kettle on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:12 pm

I agree to a point Liz but if they are prepared to stomp up their hard earned cash to support the team don't then turn up and moan every bloody week about everything under the sun, that is not support, it is counter productive and defeats the object even if it does give them the right to moan.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:42 am
The anticipation of winning trophies is what being a football fan is all about though, Hallam. Those fans of certain clubs who “expect” trophies aren’t fans.
I personally don’t see it as “utter crap” .... just supporting the club you love more than a cheese & onion toastie. That’s pure love.

When Ipswich win their next trophy, people will party for a whole week.
Man Utd / City fans go home and put the kettle on.

I think some if the football / entertainment on show for Town fans , especially over the last decade had been utter pants tbh marko.
Interesting point about the” expectation “ of possibly winning something being a driver for fans to continue to follow at club. This element of the game is becoming as rare as rocking horse do dos now , as money rules in the game so only a few Clubs will ever stand a realistic chance of winning anything. Back in the day when it was more of an even playing field ( 70’s/80’s), you knew who would win the league or make the FA Cup final. Now it’s only really down to about3-4 clubs fighting it out for coveted champions league spot and The FA Cup has been totally devalued .

It ain’t the same anymore ( sniff)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:16 pm

Yep ^^^^ agree entirely.

Here in Scotland..... we have Edinburgh born and bred Celtic supporters.

That’d be like Norwich being VERY successful
and there being Ipswich born and bred Norwich fans. Tw@ts.
And they don’t really celebrate silverware.

The “hope” is what keeps me going for Hibs & Ipswich. The expectations were gone years ago.

Having said that, on becoming an Ipswich fan back in the 70s/80s, I did sort of expect that Division One title. Almost certain you Ipswich based supporters did.

But, (sniff) yes, things aren’t the same anymore.

Fk it. I’m off for a toastie.