Sunderland and Oxford showing interest in Edwards apparently

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Sunderland and Oxford showing interest in Edwards apparently

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 pm

So the question is , if true , would you sell or stick with him ?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post440653

Personally I’d sell.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Sunderland and Oxford showing interest in Edwards apparently

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:20 pm

I had to do some searching of Mike’s reports as research before posting....., but twice Edwards has been on TV and twice in the winger role and very good both times (IMO) .... getting forward, beating defenders and putting in some nice crosses...... (strikers were on strike both games)

Difficult one maybe. There are more reports of him being poor than being decent, but based on what could be the lads best position, (and if a manager who can see this was in attendance) , I’d keep him. For League One, he’s above average. Again imo.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:22 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 pm
So the question is , if true , would you sell or stick with him ?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... post440653

Personally I’d sell.

So would I.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:45 pm

How much though? For the right money - maybe.

I think there’s plenty of others we’d be better of selling. Far too many central midfielders on the books. I’d rather get rid of some of those. We don’t have hardly any genuine wide players... Edwards, Lankester... that’s it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 pm

I've booked and paid for a taxi for him.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:58 am

Don’t let the door hit you in the as*. Hurst reject, inconsistent and weak.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:08 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 pm
You might as well book a minibus and take Huws, Judge, Nolan, Dozzell, Bishop, Donacien, Kenlock, Toto along with him. That’s the sobering thing - overall, Edwards has been inconsistent, but I think his contribution last season was better than the other listed players.
If the moneys right, then take it and look for a replacement. You can’t rely on Lankester taking over his wing slot as the kid’s been injured for 18 months.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:21 am

I wouldn't lose any sleep over any of them with the exception of Bishop who is quality IF he can ever get fit, I would also still give Dozzell one last chance to prove himself, as for the rest, minibus is booked.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Is there room for 1 more. Chambers can sit in the front. :lol:

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:21 am
I wouldn't lose any sleep over any of them with the exception of Bishop who is quality IF he can ever get fit, I would also still give Dozzell one last chance to prove himself, as for the rest, minibus is booked.
I agree. Both worth keeping. Edwards will go because (at risk of repeating and repeating....) we need to trim the squad and can only get rid of those who someone else wants. So if there's an offer he can go. Transfer fee is relatively unimportant. It reduces the wage bill.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:10 am

Dozzell has not signed a new contract and has been going backwards for 2-3 years. Lambert doesn’t seem to rate him. I think the only way he’ll do well here is if he gets a run of games. Can’t see it as he’s lucky to make the squad at times. Best to leave now when he’s still in contract and we’ll pick up some kind of fee. Talented lad but I can’t see him doing it here and he’s more likely to flourish elsewhere. We have El Mizouni and Dobra, too. You can’t fit them all in the squad.
As for Bishop, you can’t keep players who are continuously breaking down - no matter how talented they are. If the wage bill is super critical- why keep players who are never fit?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:34 pm

AD doesn’t appear to impress any if the managers we’ve had a Town. He had undoubted skills but the only thing he’s been consistent at is “ not showing up” when he’s played. It’s a difficult one really . Do we continue to give him chances ? Do we sell ( his stock is surely low now )....

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:53 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:34 pm
AD doesn’t appear to impress any if the managers we’ve had a Town. He had undoubted skills but the only thing he’s been consistent at is “ not showing up” when he’s played. It’s a difficult one really . Do we continue to give him chances ? Do we sell ( his stock is surely low now )....
I think the lack of him signing a new contract might make the decision for him.

He’s been offered new contracts, but hasn’t signed. I think he’s running his contract down, waiting for clubs to come in for him when he’s attractively cheap. From his point of view, why should he stay here? He’s never been given a run and we’ve got stacks of midfielders. I think it’s best for every party that he leaves. We might be able to pick up some cash with a year left on his contract based on him as a regular England under 20 starlet ( as opposed to young squad player who can’t get a game in a mid table League One side). I think he’d develop more in a decent Championship side rather than in the hurly-burly of League One.
I’d love to be proved wrong, but I think his time has gone with us. I’d prefer to focus on Dobra and El Mizouni before him.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:01 pm

Does anyone know if Andre Dozzell is his own guy...... or does his dad make all his decisions?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Don't know for sure but I believe his Dad is pretty influential

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Hmmm, it is a strange one. With Tang saying he’s been offered contracts (plural) and if his dad is influential, ...., is he being influential in the sense that he wants his son playing week in / week out and will be better off at another L1 or L2 club....... or does he think his son is too classy for ITFC & Lambo and a Championship club will be along wanting his sig no worries?

He only young, yes, but still gambling with his future.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:07 pm

I think AD is over-rated and has probably benefited from his last name. He may have shown signs of talent, but he's taken way too long to become a first team regular. Also, he'll never be the same after his injury. Save him a seat on the mini-bus please. :lol:

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:29 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:53 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:34 pm
I think the lack of him signing a new contract might make the decision for him.

He’s been offered new contracts, but hasn’t signed. I think he’s running his contract down, waiting for clubs to come in for him when he’s attractively cheap. From his point of view, why should he stay here? He’s never been given a run and we’ve got stacks of midfielders. I think it’s best for every party that he leaves. We might be able to pick up some cash with a year left on his contract based on him as a regular England under 20 starlet ( as opposed to young squad player who can’t get a game in a mid table League One side). I think he’d develop more in a decent Championship side rather than in the hurly-burly of League One.
I’d love to be proved wrong, but I think his time has gone with us. I’d prefer to focus on Dobra and El Mizouni before him.
Agreed. If I was in his position and being denied opportunities whilst the likes of Skuse and Judge get played regularly, then I would either be looking to move on or alternatively consider whether or not I was good enough at this level.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:50 am

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 pm
To be fair it was " taxi for Edwards!" After most games, so im sure he has one on speed dial

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:27 am

Hey there, ITNO1, good to see you posting. Hope all well with family & friends over past few months.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:26 pm

Hello Marco. We are ok thanks, hope you and yours are too. Since this whole thing started and even a few weeks before in fact ive started to lose interest in itfc. Not due to the games themselves, i love the matchday, more to do with the people running it. Treating us as fools etc. I woukd prefer they were just honest, not trying to pull the wool over our eyes, i mean, do they really believe what they are saying when 12000 people have witnessed different. Makes my blood boil. Now the seaon has finished they insist we played well!! Hats off the the 9000 ticket holders for next season, i however will be choosing the odd game to go to i think and take my boy. I cant put him through that every other week, he will end up supporting man city!