Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by number 9 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:03 pm

I'm assuming the players have had to relinquish a percentage of their wages due to the cancellations. Maybe Marcus should ask for volunteers to do the same when the season restarts...if it is without supporters? Let's find out which players really love Ipswich Town FC??

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:55 pm

Town are reported to be showing interest in Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris.

According to Bristol Live, the Blues have started making background checks into the 25-year-old, who scored 16 times in League One in the curtailed 2019/20 season.

They say that another promotion-targeting League One side are also interested but so far there has been no contact or bids regarding Clarke-Harris.

The Leicester-born frontman joined the Gas from Coventry in January 2019 and is contracted until June 2021 with talks regarding new terms having recently resumed.

A number of clubs are reported to have watched Clarke-Harris in the first half of 2019/20 but only Charlton showed serious interest which ultimately came to nothing, although the Addicks are said to still be keen.

Much-travelled Clarke-Harris, who is 6ft tall, started his career at Coventry where he became their youngest ever player when he made his debut as a sub aged 16 years and 21 days in August 2010.

He moved on to Peterborough two years later, then Southend (loan), Bury (loan), Oldham, Rotherham, the MK Dons (loan), Doncaster (loan) and the Sky Blues for a second spell which was initially on loan before becoming permanent.

Town are known to be in the market for another striker this summer with Will Keane’s contract not having been renewed at the end of the season.

Whether they would be in a position to pay a fee, which Clarke-Harris would certainly command, remains to be seen given the current financial situation.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:23 pm

Looks like we’ve turned out attention to the Brizzle player after the Sunderland striker was staying put

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:53 am

I can’t see us paying fees unless we sell players. Downes being the obvious one who would generate some money.

I think we need a big lump of a striker more than anything. Or at least someone who can win headers. Looking back, I wish we’d kept hold of Harrison. He looked pretty good against us and gave Chambers the run around.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:12 am

Glad we aren't in for Wyke, and yes, we should never have sold Harrison, when I think we got shot of him and brought in that carthorse Keane, it beggars belief.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:34 am

Looks like the Downes Crystal Palace link is getting stronger. Holding out for 4 million doesn’t sound great.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:51 am

I know we are very much a selling club and the situation within not only Football but around the world has changed significantly but 4 Million is a p*ss take for me, I kinda had 7 Million + in my head as an offer we would find hard to refuse, of course this appears to be the Palace stand on things and it could yet be very wide of the mark, I await Town's retort with trepidation.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:44 pm

Mike there appears to be rumours circulating that were after / interested in a player from Tranmere ... Ollie (someone ) a midfielder . Probably a load of Horlick.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:01 pm

They have a midfielder called Ollie Banks, would make little sense.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:02 pm

Potential Replacement For Downes?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:16 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:01 pm
They have a midfielder called Ollie Banks, would make little sense.
Agree is on a free but only played 11 games last season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:11 am

Another young player to be further developed then perhaps ?(Such is our remit these days ).

Edit: hmmm seems not . He’s 27yrs old and has had a few clubs for one reason or another . Only played 11 games fir Tranmere last season . Doesn’t inspire me now tbh , but suppose this is where we are now .

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:05 am

4 million does seem disappointing, but we’re a League One club now. And Downes is a League One Player. Plus COVID.

The other side of the coin is how we use 4 million if we get it. Maybe the 4 million can buy 2-3 players we need. KVY was 1/2 million - great buy. If we’re being forced to sell cheap, then we have to do it ourself to other clubs in buying in players.

I remember we sold Kieran Dyer and used the money to buy in a few players that got us promotion.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:05 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:11 am
Another young player to be further developed then perhaps ?(Such is our remit these days ).

Edit: hmmm seems not . He’s 27yrs old and has had a few clubs for one reason or another . Only played 11 games fir Tranmere last season . Doesn’t inspire me now tbh , but suppose this is where we are now .
You see, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Sell our youngsters, and bring in other team's bench warmers. The only excellent purchase in recent times has been KVY...and I suppose Norwood is a good purchase even though I'm beginning wonder about him too.

But as you say, I suppose that's where we are now. :roll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:03 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:05 am
4 million does seem disappointing, but we’re a League One club now. And Downes is a League One Player. Plus COVID.

The other side of the coin is how we use 4 million if we get it. Maybe the 4 million can buy 2-3 players we need. KVY was 1/2 million - great buy. If we’re being forced to sell cheap, then we have to do it ourself to other clubs in buying in players.

I remember we sold Kieran Dyer and used the money to buy in a few players that got us promotion.
Thing is tang , this money will come in in dribs and drabs , and on appearances, so PL won’t be getting and cash in his hand anytime soon.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:38 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:03 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:05 am

Thing is tang , this money will come in in dribs and drabs , and on appearances, so PL won’t be getting and cash in his hand anytime soon.
Well, we’ve had 8 or 9 months to consider Downes leaving. We should have a plan in place. It works both ways, if we get short-changed then why can’t we do it to weaker clubs than us when recruiting ourselves? No need to be the victim all the time. That’s football.

We just need to get better at the business side of the game. Be more ruthless and hard-nosed. It always feel we’re the ones who pay too much and sell too cheap.

Some go on about us always selling youngsters, but we’ve also got a habit of hanging onto youngsters too long. A few years ago, Dozzell and Bishop were seen as 8-10 million pound prospects. There would have been a furore if we’d took the money and let them go - but what have we got from them since? The only thing is, Downes is better than those two and has actually contributed more and will have to be replaced.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:07 am

Can’t disagree with any of that tang . Basically it’s all about judgement isn’t it . Sir Bobby Robson had it , but not many have matched him since .

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:58 am

Just seen this breaking news - Borussia Dortmund have just signed Birmingham’s 17 year old Jude Bellingham for reputedly 25 million.

Never heard of him.

Doesn’t involve us, but looks like there’s money still in the game. Seems like it’s becoming more popular for young English players to head over to Germany. I’ve heard it’s maybe a less pressurised and better environment for youngsters to develop rather than the PL.

Maybe Lambert should use his German contacts to try and sell some of our players at inflated prices. It’s a little known fact that Paul Lambert used to play for Dortmund at the highest level.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:50 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:58 am
Just seen this breaking news - Borussia Dortmund have just signed Birmingham’s 17 year old Jude Bellingham for reputedly 25 million.

Never heard of him.
Hey Jude, don't f*ck this up.
Take a big fee, and make it bigger
Remember, don’t let it go to your head
Then you can start, every game instead.

Hey Jude, don't be afraid
You were made to, go out and be great
The minute, you get it under your skin
Then you begin, to make it bigger

And anytime you feel the pain
Hey Jude, refrain
Don't carry the game upon your shoulders
For well you know that its not cool
To play like a tool
By making the work a little harder.
Na-na-na, na, na
Na-na-na, na

Hey Jude, don't let them down
They have found you, now go make them bigger,
Remember, to let them into your bank
Look at a statement, then head for a w......

So dribble around and bang them in
Hey Jude, think then:
You're only one, in a team to perform with.
And don't you know that it's not just you
Hey Jude, you'll ALL do
That movement you need, is not always important
Na-na-na, na, na
Na-na-na, na, yeah

But, Hey Jude, don't f*ck it up.
Or this transfer, you'll be a sit downer.
But remember, the virus don’t mean sh*t,
The moneys still big, and you can make it bigger

Bigger bigger bigger BIGGER BIGGER ah!
Na, na, na, na-na-na na (yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na
Na-na-na na, hey Jude
Na, na, na, na-na-na na

£25M ——> 17 years old? 🤦‍♂️

Think I’ll just quit pro-football (and song editing) and go watch Bo’ness United. Fk it. Decision made.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Brilliant Marko.😂

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 pm

Clubs are offloading players to cut their costs by the Carr load it seems. Town ( being one if the bigger fish in the pool) really should be able to attract the better players on freebies or even those close contract end of have thought !

Marko: I don’t know what your day time job is , but give it up . You’re wasted in it for sure 😂

doobs

Post by doobs » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 pm

Davis Keillor-Dunn on his way from Wrexham for 150k rumour has it?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:14 am

Where did you see this mate ? Used to play in Scotland.

doobs

Post by doobs » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:48 am

Friend of a friend et cetera. Possibly untrue as not all that I post turns out to be correct, be nice if I got something right though!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:17 am

You can’t tell everything from wiki info, but it doesn’t ring true.

From being released from a Scottish Championship side to non-league football. Doesn’t sound very exciting. Would we want another midfielder? Doubt it. And it sounds like he’s out of contract so I don’t think we’d pay a fee if we were getting him.

Anyway, glad to see rumours posted- maybe a step towards normality.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:02 pm

What type of midfielder is he ? Of course some Gould be on their way out and he’s a replacement? But agree a midfielder is not top priority for us .

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:03 am

Really? Not sure about that. It's hard to believe that Downes won't find his way to the Champ, maybe with one of the relegated sides. We don't have too many hard running and hard tackling midfielders in our line-up at the moment. Just a number who are a little wary of a hard tackle given their recent injury woes.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:06 am

Jackson could be off.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/kayden-ja ... -1-6769525

If players are turning down new contracts, it’s best they leave. Same with Dozzell. If Brentford are a good model to follow, they would move players on for the optimum amount of money and have a replacement in mind.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:08 am

Looks like Jackson is likely to be off then as declined a contract extension. Maybe that’s why we’re looking at the Bristol striker?

Edit . Oops sorry , didn’t look at thread again before I posted on KJ.

I’m not worried if he leaves, I’d be having a go with some of our youngsters. We need to at some point , but also support them with one of two seniors around them.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:23 am

That Bristol Rovers striker. He seems like he’s got an impressive goals record. There’s talk of a 700k price tag. I would have thought Championship teams would be in for him and he’d go for a lot more than 700k. 27 goals in 49 appearances is pretty decent. Be surprised if we can afford him.

I don’t see any of the youngsters good enough to replace Jackson yet up front. We’d only have Norwood as a senior striker. I don’t see Freddie Sears as a striker. Unless Lambert reverts to one up front , we’d still be light up front.