C’mon ewe Irons ....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

C’mon ewe Irons ....

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:47 am

I’m forever blawin bubbles ....
Pretty bubbles in the air .
They fly so high
They reach the sky
And like my dreams
They fade n die....

Finish the job WHU 👍🤞🤞

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: C’mon ewe Irons ....

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:13 am

Can they get relegated today? Just shows how little interest I personally take in the EPL.

Ok, well JUST FOR TODAY ONLY...... go get that win WHU.

Then go fk yourselves as usual.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:35 am

Yes put the final nail in the coffin please! The Budgies are an embarrassment to East Anglia! :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:35 pm

Would never root for them, got a stronger dislike for that team than Norwich could ever provide. In an ideal world I'd see both go down and out the league and let them suffer but if correct it could still believe come to pass have to allow only one would suffer such indignity.

Someone else put it that the EPL is something of a triviality now, find it hard to dispute. Some garbage won a league, f*ck it we move on. Don't know much else what goes on there, until this topic was raised was not even aware Norwich were in such difficulty / could see a relegation at the time in question.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:39 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:35 pm
Would never root for them, got a stronger dislike for that team than Norwich could ever provide.
Ipswich born & bred would disagree....... but I’m of similar thinking in what you wrote there, Saint. Probably just a football attire thing for me.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:57 pm

They’re getting themselves relegated..... in style.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:07 pm

And Michail Antonio helping himself to some history.

Farke no doubt helping himself by signing on very soon.

Bet those canary fans are glad they’re out at a retail park with the Mrs and not at Carrot Road.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Its embarrassing lol

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 pm

It’s a shame we didn’t get promoted to reinstate the Old Farm Derby, but I guess the current gulf between our two clubs is still pretty massive so maybe to avoid disappointment we’re best left where we are.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:12 pm

An-toodle oo-io

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:15 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:39 pm
It’s a shame we didn’t get promoted to reinstate the Old Farm Derby, but I guess the current gulf between our two clubs is still pretty massive so maybe to avoid disappointment we’re best left where we are.
No way of knowing for sure at this precise moment Charny due to no ITFC football. But after some of those Norwich results, you reckon the gulf would still be regarded as “massive”?

I’d like to believe that Lambert could grind out a victory against those sorry looking Farke-ers if a Pre-c friendly could be arranged.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:17 pm

They are gonna lose a fair few of their younger and better players, I doubt they will find it as easy to bounce back as people think.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:18 pm

I wonder what the odds are for an Ipswich/Norwich derby in the 2021/2022 season? Charny??

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:27 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:18 pm
I wonder what the odds are for a 2021/2022 season? Charny??
FTFY, 9.

Maybe more accurate if the effin news is equally accurate.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:57 pm

Charnwood wrote:
I agree. I watched the Huddersfield v Luton match last night....somebody had to I guess!

Delighted that my old team won but the quality of football was awful. So many passes astray from both sides and by half-time Luton hadn't had a shot.
I thought to myself "How did we get relegated from this league? Were we that awful?"
I suppose we were. Would we fare any better in the Championship now? I don't think so. I think the potential is there when everyone is fit but we were in relegation form for much of last season.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:05 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Amazing what £400m over the last decade can do for a little Club isn’t it Charny. And they’re still shyte. :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:16 am

Norwich are likely to lose their best young players, but they’ve had a year in the PL and will probably be able to sell at top dollar to PL clubs. Unlike us, they tend to sell players on for good money.
Norwich look as if they planned for relegation. This time, they didn’t fall into the trap of buying in expensive players like Woldswinkel and Naismith who were financial burdens in the Championship. I think they knew they were likely to get relegated and probably planning to cash in on young players and the parachute payments.
I tend to agree with Charnwood that at the moment there is a big gulf between the two clubs. Still nice to see them get relegated with hardly a whimper. And if they want to come back in with their parachute money for Dozzell, then I’d be more than happy to call the taxi service.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:22 am

Yes they clearly have “ planned “ to take the money and run. They are doing what WBA did over several years a while back .

Thing is, they have Never achieved anything when they have made that promotion to the PL,( unlike a lot of others Clubs who have managed to make a go if it did several years , before finally getting relegated again). You could almost say they gave no ambition to make a go of it . Just because a Club gets promoted from the Championship, it doesn’t mean they are anything better than a top of the pile Championship Club. It’s what a Club does (or attempts to do ) next , that shows their true intention and mind set.
Wright on MOTD alluded to this very fact regarding norwich when the “ record” of 5 PL relegations was discussed.

What I hate about Sky funded PL is you now have an imbalance in the divisions and it’s all down to Sky money ( who has it and who doesn’t ) . Having the money doesn’t make a Club and “better “ than those that don’t , but just better off and bc bake to spend more on players , facilities etc. That lot up the road got fortunate under Lambert to get those promotions. But they had to sell Maddison to avoid administration. So does that maid that Ed m “ better run”? Of a better Club? I don’t think so . Theyve just lucky and managed to scramble over the fence at thdd Ed right time. Had Lambert not severely cocked il last season we’d have been bs me in the Championship- but once again greatly disadvantaged because we’ve not got money from Sky .

Football and it’s skewed in level playing field sucks frankly. But we ( and any other Club not in the “ Premier Club” ), just have to struggle on. It’s now mostly about the bank balance and nothing else isn’t it.

Ps I fully concur with the AD taxi 😁👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:17 am

The name "Dozzell" @ Norwich?

That must make some people feel a bit sick.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:26 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:22 am
.....( unlike a lot of others Clubs who have managed to make a go of it and did several years) ....
And while knowing this, it can lead your mind to think of Ipswich Town and the running of the club, and the mood within the club, and the mindset, and especially when thinking about players like David McGoldrick who couldn't care less whether he played or not @ Ipswich with his phantom knee issues, but is now scoring twice in a Sheffield United borderline coupon burster v chelski. :evil:

ANYWAY...... Budgies relegated....., should be a happy thread. Too busy holding on to the shitty past!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:33 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:17 am
The name "Dozzell" @ Norwich?

That must make some people feel a bit sick.
If he brings in a couple of million and does as much there as he’s done here - I wouldn’t care. Maybe a double-agent on their wage bill.

Last summer, Norwich reputedly offered 3 million and we wanted 5 million. Looking back, we wouldn’t have missed him and could have strengthened the squad with that money.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:03 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:33 am
Last summer, Norwich reputedly offered 3 million....

Must've missed that one on the transfer thread. :shock:

tangfastic wrote:
..... we wanted 5 million.

:lol: ...., and if that is true, why wasn't everyone sacked? Jaysus H! :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:03 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Last summer, Norwich reputedly offered 3 million....

Must've missed that one on the transfer thread. :shock:

tangfastic wrote:
..... we wanted 5 million.

:lol: ...., and if that is true, why wasn't everyone sacked? Jaysus H! :lol:
https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/ca ... -1-6181220

Seems like we slapped a 5 million fee on Dozzell a year ago. Yet we didn’t seem to have any real desire to play him.