September Restart ? - How it might look.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

September Restart ? - How it might look.

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:38 pm

O'Neill: Clubs Could Struggle to Get Back Up and Running For New Season.

It’s hoped League One and League Two will start their 2020/21 seasons in September, however, Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says that as things stand some clubs are going to struggle financially to get back up and running for that proposed return to action. The Blues players have been told to expect to get back to training later this month.

Currently the season is pencilled in to start on September 12th, however, the 2019/20 campaign was curtailed at League One and Two level due to clubs being unable to afford to stage games behind closed doors and O’Neill says that remains a concern.

Even if there are fans present at the start of the campaign their numbers will be limited which won’t help clubs desperately short of cash. The cost of coronavirus testing - £150 each - will also be a strain on sides far from rich in normal circumstances.

“It’s always been something that’s at the back of my mind, we’re not really in any different situation than we were league-wise when the vote went to cancel the season,” O’Neill said.

“It is changing daily and weekly so it could be that testing is taken off the table and it’s not required in the new season, so that’s then a very different conversation.

“It could be that stadiums are allowed to start opening and fans are allowed to start coming in. Again, that hasn’t been confirmed but it’s on the table.

“Until all of these situations and questions are answered, it’s very, very difficult for a club to understand the operational aspects.

“And every club was struggling before this situation anyway, so to add this layer of complexity on top of it, it’s incredibly difficult.”

He says that as far as he is aware there are currently no ongoing conversations involving the football authorities aimed at securing funds from either the Government or the Premier League.

“To my knowledge there isn’t a pot of money that’s coming from anywhere other than the owners of football clubs or boards of football clubs to cover those costs,” he added.

“There isn’t at the minute talk of bail-outs from the Premier League, Government or anything like that. I think that’s where you’ve got the genuine issue of administration, it is a big issue for a number of clubs.

“This is not just football, this is business across the board. There isn’t somebody there that’s going to look at bailing out a lot of clubs financially. And I think the operational costs to try and meet the current guidelines that are in place from both the Premier League and the EFL are very difficult to meet.

“But we’re in this situation where we’re fortunate enough that we’ve gone through those costs with [owner] Marcus [Evans] and he’s aware of them and we’re able to do it.

“Other clubs aren’t and other clubs are going to financially struggle to try and get that situation back up and running as quickly as possible.”

It’s hoped that some supporters will be present when 2020/21 gets under way. Currently the proposals which would allow fans to return reportedly include only one in three seats being filled, a ban on away support, toilets being closed at half-time and refreshments - potentially including alcoholic drinks - being brought to fans in their seats to avoid numbers congregating on concourses.

Supporters may be given designated arrival times and have to provide track and trace contact details.

O’Neill says that as yet there’s no confirmation that fans will be allowed back when the new season starts.

“We all want fans, you watch the games now, it’s great that we’ve got football on but it’s not the same without fans in the stadium,” he said.

“The enjoyment element of football is having supporters there to both cheer and criticise in some ways. It’s creating an atmosphere and that’s not what’s there at games at the moment.

“But it’s got to be safe to do so and we’re governed by a number of other things to make that so, and I think they are looking at it and trying to accelerate it.

“It’s a bit like the pubs opening this week, how do you control it? How do we manage that situation so it is safe for supporters to come in and watch football?

“I know a lot of people are working very hard to try and make that happen, I can’t tell you the timeframe and I wish I did know because it would make my life a lot easier.”

He says the aim is currently to get the Town squad back to Playford Road for the start of pre-season training later this month.

The return will be phased and adhering to strict guidelines which will see players initially working in small groups, arriving dressed in their training kit and leaving after sessions to shower at home with the canteen area not occupied.

“It’s moving, we’re trying to look at the end of July and the beginning of August but that’s based on a games programme starting in September,” he said.

“If that doesn’t happen in September or it moves before or after then obviously we have to adapt accordingly.

“We’re trying to work on a plan but it’s very difficult because it changes and the conversation I’m having with you now changes in seven days’ time and we have to get them back sooner or we have to get them back later. I don’t know.”

Town were due to be in Germany for their pre-season training camp this week but that was cancelled some weeks ago and O’Neill expects that any pre-season friendlies will be behind closed doors.

“Again, we’re hoping that the guidance will come back on that,” he continued. “There are different stages, one, two, three, four and five in relation to how you operate. To go through stages one and two, which are non-contact and semi-contact training, there’s a lot of protocols and policies which need to be in place.

“Then phase three looking at what the games element, whether that’s friendlies or competition games.

“So we have no idea yet what that is going to look like at this moment in time, and until we do it’s very difficult to plan a successful games programme for pre-season. But I do anticipate it being behind closed doors.”
This is going to be so difficult to implement where distancing fans inside stadium's is concerned, a possible ban on away fans is disappointing but a no brainer too, I knew that was coming.

With a lot of teams possibly not able to restart I wonder if an option is feasible of putting the teams that want to play into League One and those that don't/can't into League Two, I see no reason why those that want to get going should be penalised.

Tangfastic

Re: September Restart ? - How it might look.

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:38 pm
O'Neill: Clubs Could Struggle to Get Back Up and Running For New Season.

It’s hoped League One and League Two will start their 2020/21 seasons in September, however, Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says that as things stand some clubs are going to struggle financially to get back up and running for that proposed return to action. The Blues players have been told to expect to get back to training later this month.

Currently the season is pencilled in to start on September 12th, however, the 2019/20 campaign was curtailed at League One and Two level due to clubs being unable to afford to stage games behind closed doors and O’Neill says that remains a concern.

Even if there are fans present at the start of the campaign their numbers will be limited which won’t help clubs desperately short of cash. The cost of coronavirus testing - £150 each - will also be a strain on sides far from rich in normal circumstances.

“It’s always been something that’s at the back of my mind, we’re not really in any different situation than we were league-wise when the vote went to cancel the season,” O’Neill said.

“It is changing daily and weekly so it could be that testing is taken off the table and it’s not required in the new season, so that’s then a very different conversation.

“It could be that stadiums are allowed to start opening and fans are allowed to start coming in. Again, that hasn’t been confirmed but it’s on the table.

“Until all of these situations and questions are answered, it’s very, very difficult for a club to understand the operational aspects.

“And every club was struggling before this situation anyway, so to add this layer of complexity on top of it, it’s incredibly difficult.”

He says that as far as he is aware there are currently no ongoing conversations involving the football authorities aimed at securing funds from either the Government or the Premier League.

“To my knowledge there isn’t a pot of money that’s coming from anywhere other than the owners of football clubs or boards of football clubs to cover those costs,” he added.

“There isn’t at the minute talk of bail-outs from the Premier League, Government or anything like that. I think that’s where you’ve got the genuine issue of administration, it is a big issue for a number of clubs.

“This is not just football, this is business across the board. There isn’t somebody there that’s going to look at bailing out a lot of clubs financially. And I think the operational costs to try and meet the current guidelines that are in place from both the Premier League and the EFL are very difficult to meet.

“But we’re in this situation where we’re fortunate enough that we’ve gone through those costs with [owner] Marcus [Evans] and he’s aware of them and we’re able to do it.

“Other clubs aren’t and other clubs are going to financially struggle to try and get that situation back up and running as quickly as possible.”

It’s hoped that some supporters will be present when 2020/21 gets under way. Currently the proposals which would allow fans to return reportedly include only one in three seats being filled, a ban on away support, toilets being closed at half-time and refreshments - potentially including alcoholic drinks - being brought to fans in their seats to avoid numbers congregating on concourses.

Supporters may be given designated arrival times and have to provide track and trace contact details.

O’Neill says that as yet there’s no confirmation that fans will be allowed back when the new season starts.

“We all want fans, you watch the games now, it’s great that we’ve got football on but it’s not the same without fans in the stadium,” he said.

“The enjoyment element of football is having supporters there to both cheer and criticise in some ways. It’s creating an atmosphere and that’s not what’s there at games at the moment.

“But it’s got to be safe to do so and we’re governed by a number of other things to make that so, and I think they are looking at it and trying to accelerate it.

“It’s a bit like the pubs opening this week, how do you control it? How do we manage that situation so it is safe for supporters to come in and watch football?

“I know a lot of people are working very hard to try and make that happen, I can’t tell you the timeframe and I wish I did know because it would make my life a lot easier.”

He says the aim is currently to get the Town squad back to Playford Road for the start of pre-season training later this month.

The return will be phased and adhering to strict guidelines which will see players initially working in small groups, arriving dressed in their training kit and leaving after sessions to shower at home with the canteen area not occupied.

“It’s moving, we’re trying to look at the end of July and the beginning of August but that’s based on a games programme starting in September,” he said.

“If that doesn’t happen in September or it moves before or after then obviously we have to adapt accordingly.

“We’re trying to work on a plan but it’s very difficult because it changes and the conversation I’m having with you now changes in seven days’ time and we have to get them back sooner or we have to get them back later. I don’t know.”

Town were due to be in Germany for their pre-season training camp this week but that was cancelled some weeks ago and O’Neill expects that any pre-season friendlies will be behind closed doors.

“Again, we’re hoping that the guidance will come back on that,” he continued. “There are different stages, one, two, three, four and five in relation to how you operate. To go through stages one and two, which are non-contact and semi-contact training, there’s a lot of protocols and policies which need to be in place.

“Then phase three looking at what the games element, whether that’s friendlies or competition games.

“So we have no idea yet what that is going to look like at this moment in time, and until we do it’s very difficult to plan a successful games programme for pre-season. But I do anticipate it being behind closed doors.”
This is going to be so difficult to implement where distancing fans inside stadium's is concerned, a possible ban on away fans is disappointing but a no brainer too, I knew that was coming.

With a lot of teams possibly not able to restart I wonder if an option is feasible of putting the teams that want to play into League One and those that don't/can't into League Two, I see no reason why those that want to get going should be penalised.
That would be controversial. I see your point, but those other clubs would say they’re being penalised by being poorer clubs.

If a sticking point is the expense of testing kits- you’d think there would be enough money at the top end of the game to help out these clubs. But they won’t.

I do think if we need to kick on, though, that someone has to set a date and be strict about it. It’s a shitty deal, but I think clubs are banking too much on furlough money till the end of October. I’m being selfish because I want to get going again. I wonder if enough clubs want to get going then those clubs start early and the other clubs start later and have to catch up ( maybe playing weekend / midweek with no international games or pointless Cup games)

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:37 pm

I really can’t see how the season can start without fans being allowed in. There isn’t the money to finance it otherwise. However, once furlough ends clubs will be forced to either carry on and play, or give up and go bust. September will be the crunch month, and it’s going to be carnage if we don’t get fans inside stadiums one way or the other, I can see half the league 1 and 2 clubs going tits.
I for one, would happily go back to matches. It’s outside , and certainly no more dangerous than a pub or Tesco..... maybe face masks will be mandatory?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:58 pm

Just hearing ideas that they’d start off the season with 30% capacity. For our ground, that is feasible with, say, 10,000 supporters.
They’d be some grounds of capacity of 4000, and they’d be struggling. Then again, maybe this whole situation just indicates how some teams are being bank-rolled by an owner and not through gate receipts. Fair play to teams like Fleetwood, but I can’t help feel that after they peak, they will implode and nose-dive down the leagues because they don’t have a big sustainable fanbase.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:10 pm

I'll be surprised if the season starts in September with any fans at all. As O'Neil says, even reduced attendances won't be enough for some clubs to stay afloat anyway. It certainly seems like some kind of government bail out would be justified, but I doubt it!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:52 pm

GOVERNMENT BAIL OUT?? Aye FK THAT shyte. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Can't speak for everyone but this whole situation really ticks me off. All the chat up here in Scotland as well about clubs "not going to survive'. It wasn't the feckin Coronavirus that killed the sport......, the sport itself and the greedy bastards since the early 90s killed the sport. These times were always going to happen, we just didn't know it was going to be a virus that was the catalyst.

Down there, teams like Rotherham United having individual players on 3 & 4K a week? Up here, teams like St Johnstone having players on 2 & 3K a week? Attendance money being less than the combined club (as a whole) wage bill. Just doesn't add up. Most teams were bankrolled to the hilt pre-Covid anyway. No idea at all why people are surprised that teams are going to go under.

Maybe the future is bright. With Rotherham United's strikers earning a wage that matches the job. And then, as a perk to fans, season tickets will be affordable for 99% of the supporters who work for what's regarded as somewhere between minimum & average wages. Get those players on normal wages and then 5-10K attendances won't be an issue.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:48 pm

It’s not the government’s responsibility to bail out lower league clubs.

They’re already doing that with the furlough scheme.

If the government has any power, then they should be strong-arming the PL to squeeze some money down to the lower leagues, but the PL has got so much money and power it’s like it’s own government. The PL benefits from having the pyramid structure.... loads of young kids go on loan to lower league clubs and the promotion/relegation to/from the PL is another big soap opera and money-spinner. And there’s plenty of clubs now in the. PL who’ve done the third tier so it continually refreshing the PL.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:39 am

Fans wearing masks. Those who are old will remember Millwall fans in the 70's wearing surgical masks.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am

Can't help thinking that it wouldn't be bad thing for clubs that are not sustainable to go under. Those that are really missed by the community will be reborn (a la MK Dons) once things get back to normal or maybe they won't and their fans will look to other clubs for entertainment. It's only football. There will be other much bigger changes in our lives as a result of this event.

I know it sounds harsh but I really don't see why anyone else should bail them out. The taxpayer is already doing that with the furlough scheme. This money is needed elsewhere.

Personally I think the league should announce the start date and simply ask L1 & L2 clubs to inform within 2 weeks whether they will participate or not. Those who choose not to can 'rest' for the season and those who confirm can be divided in two based on finishing positions and form the 2 leagues. The assumption should be that there will be no financial support. Maybe clubs can be encouraged to crowdfund for the testing kits required if they don't have the resources. The EFL could assist with that by setting up a crowdfunding platform to handle the transactions and distribution, they could also secure a better price for the kits by negotiating centrally. This kind of centralised organisation is much more likely to attract some sympathetic funding from PL (or other sources) in my view.

Clubs who elect to resume after a season rest will start in League 2 when the next season starts.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:06 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:58 am
Can't help thinking that it wouldn't be bad thing for clubs that are not sustainable to go under. Those that are really missed by the community will be reborn (a la MK Dons) once things get back to normal or maybe they won't and their fans will look to other clubs for entertainment. It's only football. There will be other much bigger changes in our lives as a result of this event.

I know it sounds harsh but I really don't see why anyone else should bail them out. The taxpayer is already doing that with the furlough scheme. This money is needed elsewhere.
Not harsh is the slightest, Dubai. Very well said.

If one single solitary club gets government money to bail them out, that’s me done completely with the sport. They ain’t operating beyond their means THEN getting f**king bailed out. Fk that sh*t.

Wonder what would happen if I paid a guy 6K to install heating and charged the client 3K...... and then asked the government to cover my losses.
Inland revenue: “Go fk yourself, plumber guy.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:22 am

Indeed Marko.

But I was pondering the bottom half of my rant and I wonder why organisations like the EFL appear not to be thinking creatively on behalf of all of the clubs in order to help. I know that the money would still be coming from Joe Public but on a voluntary basis.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:47 am

Dubai Blue wrote:

Personally I think the league should announce the start date and simply ask L1 & L2 clubs to inform within 2 weeks whether they will participate or not. Those who choose not to can 'rest' for the season and those who confirm can be divided in two based on finishing positions and form the 2 leagues. The assumption should be that there will be no financial support. Maybe clubs can be encouraged to crowdfund for the testing kits required if they don't have the resources. The EFL could assist with that by setting up a crowdfunding platform to handle the transactions and distribution, they could also secure a better price for the kits by negotiating centrally. This kind of centralised organisation is much more likely to attract some sympathetic funding from PL (or other sources) in my view.

Clubs who elect to resume after a season rest will start in League 2 when the next season starts.
Agree with a lot of that. It might seem harsh but I think the EFL has to be tough. Set a date and expect clubs to comply.

I’ve never really quite understood how it works, but the SPL splits into two midway through the season. Depends on how many clubs are willing to start straight away. I wonder if something like that could be used in this situation. If there’s a half and half split - Anyone willing to start straight away, goes into the upper league and is exempt from relegation. Maybe play each other 4 times. The rest starts later in the season playing each other twice fighting relegation.

Something has to be put in place to get things moving.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 am

As a side to explain, Tang...... the SPL splits on game 33. Way past midway. For the last 5 games only.
That way, teams fight against each other for relegation, and teams fight against each other for Euro spots. Was ludicrous having situation like hamilton v Celtic, Hamilton needing to win to avoid relegation. Great system.

Anyway,back on bank rolling clubs topic.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:15 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:22 am
Indeed Marko.

But I was pondering the bottom half of my rant and I wonder why organisations like the EFL appear not to be thinking creatively on behalf of all of the clubs in order to help. I know that the money would still be coming from Joe Public but on a voluntary basis.
The problem with crowdfunding is that the clubs who really need the help don’t have much of a fanbase.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:31 am

We really have far too many clubs being "professional" when the finances and the crowds really dont support it.

I can see league 2 becoming , in effect, the top tier of the Non league and becoming part time. Having clubs with average crowds of 2000 isnt sustainable as a full time professional club.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:56 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Personally I think the league should announce the start date and simply ask L1 & L2 clubs to inform within 2 weeks whether they will participate or not. Those who choose not to can 'rest' for the season and those who confirm can be divided in two based on finishing positions and form the 2 leagues.

I fully agree with this DB , and said as much about a month ago when we were trying to resolve the last season. Let’s those Clubs who want to play / can afford to play, play the season. The rest , just shut up shop for the coming season and resume the following season.

I think EFL is heading towards a return of part time status for many small clubs now ( just as it was back in the 1950’s). The game is all about your bank balance these days. Too much greed in the game and as I’ve said many , many times, Sky money has ultimately killed the game. And As usual good old Town are the wrong side of the fence when the brown stuff has hit the fan!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:25 pm

DB has pretty much said what I suggested with the Two leagues, those that are good to go League One and those that aren't League Two.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 pm

How does that work, though? Clubs can’t just close for a year. It’s not about shutting the doors at the ground. They’ve got the players under contract .... and other employees.

The players would have to be paid.... or they’ll take legal action against the club. I can’t see the government extending furloughs for football clubs after October. I don’t see how they can close shop for a year and re-start in League 2.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Maybe it's time to create a more sustainable business plan for smaller clubs, and transform part of the EFL into a single entity structure much like Major League Soccer in the US. The way it works is teams and player contracts are owned by the league. Each team has an investor-operator that is also a shareholder in the league. In order to control costs, the league shares revenues and holds player contracts for all teams.

I know some of the remaining bigger clubs may not be interested, but the business plan could certainly sustain League 1 & 2.

With the creation of a Euro Super League on the horizon, much of the TV money will eventually be redirected anyway. The only teams that will survive are the bigger clubs that remain in a modified Premier League...such as the Evertons and Arsenals perhaps.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:45 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:26 pm
Maybe it's time to create a more sustainable business plan for smaller clubs, and transform part of the EFL into a single entity structure much like Major League Soccer in the US. The way it works is teams and player contracts are owned by the league. Each team has an investor-operator that is also a shareholder in the league. In order to control costs, the league shares revenues and holds player contracts for all teams.

I know some of the remaining bigger clubs may not be interested, but the business plan could certainly sustain League 1 & 2.

With the creation of a Euro Super League on the horizon, much of the TV money will eventually be redirected anyway. The only teams that will survive are the bigger clubs that remain in a modified Premier League...such as the Evertons and Arsenals perhaps.
That’s pretty interesting. Is there promotion/relegation in the US league?. Or is it about sustaining a league and ensuring that one club doesn’t monopolise the league year after year. Maybe it’s something for Scotland - which would wipe the smile of Celtic’s face.
In the British game, promotion and relegation is a big thing. Always has been - even before the Premier League. But now maybe it’s out of control. There’s talk of salary caps for L1 & L2 which would at least put a lid on spending above one’s means. I think that’s something for post-COVID.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Salary caps discussion is interesting for me. I don't see how a L1/2 cap could be introduced without a simultaneous Championship cap to deal with what to do with relegated Champ teams and to prevent them from having a big advantage. There would need to be a requirement for automatic contract reductions for all players on relegation, something which couldn't be enforced until contracts are renewed which in some cases might be 3-4 years away - so a long transition would be needed.

If L1 & L2 agree an immediate salary cap and Champ does not then this will create a L1 promotion battle just as badly unbalanced as the Champ with parachute payments because relegated Champ sides would be unable contractually to comply with the cap and would need a transition period.

In my view the implementation would require a level of agreement and coordination between Champ & L1/2 that does not look likely from what we have seen so far this year.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:15 pm

Good posts in here. All thinking points.

Think there’d be a fair few championship players heading to the bundes2 or Liga2 or equivalent if the salary caps came in.

It’s a major rethink across the globe financially in my opinion would help massively.
Everyone binning SKY simultaneously and out doing a spot of gardening at weekends instead of paying Paul fkn Pogbas wages. 👍

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:15 pm
Good posts in here. All thinking points.

Think there’d be a fair few championship players heading to the bundes2 or Liga2 or equivalent if the salary caps came in.

It’s a major rethink across the globe financially in my opinion would help massively.
Everyone binning SKY simultaneously and out doing a spot of gardening at weekends instead of paying Paul fkn Pogbas wages. 👍
And that (Sky) is the problem.

All clubs down as far as league 2 are probably sustainable. It just needs a significant reduction in wages.

I've felt for a long time that the way forward is a salary cap. Not a club limit but an individual player limit. Keep it low but topped up by appearance money. Put a limit on the appearance money too but make sure a player is potentially better off playing in one league than bring a bench warmer in the league above.

Better off clubs could afford more. players but the permanently. injured wouldn't get appearance money obviously. Players would need to think beforebeing tempted to a bigger club as they need to play regularly to earn the maximum.

Unfortunately it would need the agreement of the big boys and would have to apply across the5v whole of Fifa.
So that won't happen. But I go back to the start....clubs can survive if they live within their means.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:13 pm

Pay as you play 👍 I bet that’d knock the sick notes on the head at clubs .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:02 pm

?
Last edited by number 9 on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:03 pm

??

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:06 pm

My phone has crashed, sorry

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:27 pm

I think my phone has iPhone 19!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:38 am

Decision possibly at the end of next week regarding the start. Seems like mid September is being touted as the likely start date.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-ne ... sion-delay

I’m surprised that the EFL still wants to play the Cup competitions. Surely they generate no money or even a loss. And it’s extra fixtures when the season is going to be short.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:51 am

Oh to be a fly on a wall in the big world “decisions” room. 🤦‍♂️ The football league room would be feckin hilarious.

What about the mask wearing big world decision room?

“Ok, how ‘bout this? Everyone wears masks into the shops...... but, but,..... get this, the shop assistants can STOP wearing them. Yeah? How’s that for an absolute cracking decision! Top that, guys!”

Fkn arseholes.