Transfer Rumours

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Possibly so yes, I still think there's a decent championship player in him, as you say, maybe in the right set up.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:01 pm

Looks like Stephen Ward is on the way in, a seasoned pro at LB should please most.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Yes still talking but should do a good job for the coming season if all goes well.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:59 pm

I’d be happy with this signing for now ( this season ). Just need a CB not in his mid 30’s now to challenge Chambo and a lump of a striker to bolster attack . Then I think we’re good to go .

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:25 pm

Town now talking to keeper Cornell, IMO thats not our top priority and what must Holy and the two young keepers think.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Town also talking to Oli Hawkins ex Portsmouth 6ft 5 inches but just 18 goals in 75 games and 25 subs appearances but at 28 years old he is a good age I guess.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 pm

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... gh-2914407

Says playing centre half is his future.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:15 pm

This could be the big lump of a striker we need.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-ne ... -with-town

Don’t think he’s prolific, but at 6ft 5 should win a few headers. Ironically, behind Harrison at Pompey who we released. We need a big striker so not too unhappy since I think we’re limited who we can bring in.

Also, plays at CB.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Sorry Kerry... you got there first.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:19 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 pm
Town also talking to Oli Hawkins ex Portsmouth 6ft 5 inches but just 18 goals in 75 games and 25 subs appearances but at 28 years old he is a good age I guess.
With that height, could be the perfect foil for Norwood? Just thinking what the Quinn/Phillips combination did for Sunderland and that big man could be a key part to unlocking the door for a strike partner.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:16 pm
Sorry Kerry... you got there first.
No problems, they are like Buses today no chance of anyone then possibly three 👏👏

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:35 pm

Ipswich getting fecking desperate now, especially being the last club to sign anyone. A 34 year old left back and a 28 year old stricker whos goal tally is not great and says his future is now cb. I give up, where do these really fit into any one of evans tinpot five point plans.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:39 pm

I quite like the thought of Hawkins and Cornell tbh, no keeper is not our most important area to strengthen but you need Two good keepers and if Lambert doesn't think Pryzbek and Wright are good enough then fair enough.

Hawkins is big and powerful and as has already been said possibly the perfect foil for Norwood, could well pave the way for Jacksons departure though.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:43 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:35 pm
Ipswich getting fecking desperate now, especially being the last club to sign anyone. A 34 year old left back and a 28 year old stricker whos goal tally is not great and says his future is now cb. I give up, where do these really fit into any one of evans tinpot five point plans.
Did you miss this bit ?
But he still sees a few more years of mileage in operating as a striker.
No different to John Wark really.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Yes indeed. Cash in on jackson and replace with worse. At least evens is pocketing something. Thats been his MO since he took over. Its getting so predictable now but whilst most get excited about these smoke and mirror signings evans gets another seasons free pass from the fans. Time to start calling him out, the clubs on its arse. Its only going to continue to die a slow death under him.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:01 pm

You could be right about ME but what's the alternative? Who's going to buy Ipswich Town?

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:43 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:35 pm
Did you miss this bit ?
But he still sees a few more years of mileage in operating as a striker.
No different to John Wark really.
😂😂😂😂😂😂 a few more years of mileage in operating as a stricker 😂😂😂😂😂😂 . With a goal ratio of 1 goal in 5.7 games. That quote could have been written by pr paul himself .

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Fact is - despite lies, damn lies and statistics, none of us know how any of these will perform for us. 3 goals in the first few games and they will be the messiah! We can p*ss and moan and state our opinion (no issue with that) but we have to believe that Lambert et al have a better idea than we do. Maybe i am wrong but time will tell. For me - i am just watching and will wait and see what the new season brings - and do you know why?... cos there is f*ck all else me, you or anyone else can do - so support the team and lets see. I am sick of reading TWTD keyboard jockeys who don''t know basic grammar (there, their etc) spouting their crap as though its gospel. Sit down - shut up and support the team. Life is sh*t enough as it is without more opinionated BS being posted on here.

Sorry - just sick of negativity about ITFC and life in general - lets get back to work, get the economy moving and stop any politically correct bollocks from threatening free speech and free movement. I used to travel the world for a living and now am having to live like a f*cking hermit cos of the governments lily livered approach to life. Life is not 'risk free' - get over it. If people want to self isolate, i fully respect that but don't stop the rest of us living life - cos if we don't, what is the point? Wait to die? Not me... Sorry - went off topic but basically - lets remain positive in ALL aspects of life!!!!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:07 am

Here here, love that post Wilf.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:48 am

Blue Wilf wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:40 pm
Fact is - despite lies, damn lies and statistics, none of us know how any of these will perform for us. 3 goals in the first few games and they will be the messiah! We can p*ss and moan and state our opinion (no issue with that) but we have to believe that Lambert et al have a better idea than we do. Maybe i am wrong but time will tell. For me - i am just watching and will wait and see what the new season brings - and do you know why?... cos there is f*ck all else me, you or anyone else can do - so support the team and lets see. I am sick of reading TWTD keyboard jockeys who don''t know basic grammar (there, their etc) spouting their crap as though its gospel. Sit down - shut up and support the team. Life is sh*t enough as it is without more opinionated BS being posted on here.

Sorry - just sick of negativity about ITFC and life in general - lets get back to work, get the economy moving and stop any politically correct bollocks from threatening free speech and free movement. I used to travel the world for a living and now am having to live like a f*cking hermit cos of the governments lily livered approach to life. Life is not 'risk free' - get over it. If people want to self isolate, i fully respect that but don't stop the rest of us living life - cos if we don't, what is the point? Wait to die? Not me... Sorry - went off topic but basically - lets remain positive in ALL aspects of life!!!!
Well if this post is opinionated i dont know what is. As for the BS part, i guess thats down to point of view. May i ask Wilf, to whom was this post in reply too?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:12 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:01 pm
You could be right about ME but what's the alternative? Who's going to buy Ipswich Town?
I’ve been saying that very thing for over 3 years now .

Football as a sport is basically dead now - it’s only about the money from all aspects of the game. I suppose we either suck it up and get on supporting / following the Club, or we turn our backs on it and walk away - many have !

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 am

No ones been signed yet, but I’m OK with us in talks with Ward and Hopkins.

Irrespective of how good they are- at least we’re looking at square pegs for square holes. We really needed a genuine target man up front. Norwood wasn’t that, as well as Jackson and Keane. So maybe - if he’s signed - Hopkins can at least challenge big hulking centre backs and perhaps bully them. It would make a change from us being out-muscled all the time.
I’m not sure how we can get a big, physical goal-scoring striker from anyway. That would cost us. We were looking at the Bristol Rovers striker a few weeks ago and, now, I can’t see how we can afford him without going outside the salary cap limit.
And we need a genuine LB. Garbutt was fine going forward and initially weighed in with some goals, but he was poor defensively. Ward seems a solid choice and he might actually add some much-needed leadership and experience to the squad.

Not sure about a new GK due to the budget, but wouldn’t be surprised if Cornell is signed as a No. 1 as I don’t think Lambo is happy with Holy as first choice.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:08 pm

It’s about sorting out the basics really isnt it 👍

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 pm

It wasn't really aimed at anyone Tang. I was sat with a nice bottle of red listening to some music at the time and was scanning TWTD and TB's. The intention was not to offend but if it sis, thats part of the problem - everyone wants the right to be 'offended'. I just want to get back to normal and my post was just my thoughts at the time (and remain my thoughts now btw). On the topic of Town - opinions are like arseholes - we all have one...

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:09 pm

Sorry - not Tang - it was ITFC1 who asked. Answer is the same 👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:13 pm

Wilf for Prime Minister 👍

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:54 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:12 am

Football as a sport is basically dead now - it’s only about the money from all aspects of the game. I suppose we either suck it up and get on supporting / following the Club, or we turn our backs on it and walk away - many have !
So true. And to make it worse we don't need to walk away, we are being locked out.

I'm not criticising that; it's just that sport with no spectators is totally pointless. I guess they'll find a way of televising more Championdhop matches but leagues 1 and 2 might as well pack up. If they can't get fans in they'll go under.

The smart cap frustrates the f*ck out of me. Something was needed but it wasn't thus. It needed the FA to grow a pair and make FFP work by applying the rules. If it's such a good idea, why not apply it to the Prem?

I really have no interest if i can't go and watch. And I'm not optimistic that can happen safely.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:41 pm

Andym wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:54 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:12 am

So true. And to make it worse we don't need to walk away, we are being locked out.

I'm not criticising that; it's just that sport with no spectators is totally pointless. I guess they'll find a way of televising more Championdhop matches but leagues 1 and 2 might as well pack up. If they can't get fans in they'll go under.

The smart cap frustrates the f*ck out of me. Something was needed but it wasn't thus. It needed the FA to grow a pair and make FFP work by applying the rules. If it's such a good idea, why not apply it to the Prem?
I really have no interest if i can't go and watch. And I'm not optimistic that can happen safely.
For season ticket holders, is there any initiative for the fan to watch the games live on iFollow? I mean 9000 fans have paid for season tickets and iFollow broadcast all league games (for fans outside the UK anyway)- so have they given that option to season ticket holders who’ve paid up.
It might actually be a blessing for Town to start without fans..... it was getting a bit tasty before the COVID.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:09 pm

Even Barcelona have problems! :D

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:16 am

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:41 pm
For season ticket holders, is there any initiative for the fan to watch the games live on iFollow? I mean 9000 fans have paid for season tickets and iFollow broadcast all league games (for fans outside the UK anyway)- so have they given that option to season ticket holders who’ve paid up.
It might actually be a blessing for Town to start without fans..... it was getting a bit tasty before the COVID.
I think it's being considered but o guess there are practicalities to sort out.