All games to be Screened

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

All games to be Screened

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:52 pm

The EFL and Sky Sports are reported to have agreed a deal which will allow clubs in the Championship and Leagues One and Two to stream all their matches via their websites during the season ahead.

According to the Daily Mail, despite Sky Sports paying £119 million for rights to the three EFL divisions as well as the Carabao Cup they are sympathetic to the struggles that clubs are going through due to the pandemic and will let them stream all games - including those that kick off at 3pm on Saturdays - until the Government permits attendances of more than 50 per cent of a stadium’s capacity.

It’s anticipated that casual supporters will have to pay around £10 per game with season ticket holders able to watch for free.

Clubs in the Championship will keep the cash they raise from the streamed games, but it’s said there will be a revenue-sharing arrangement in Leagues One and Two due to the varying fanbases.

As things stand, it’s hoped that around 25 to 30 per cent of fans will be permitted to attend games from October 1st, although it’s likely the figure may be lower than that initially.

Portman Road has a capacity of just under 30,000 these days with the club having just shy of 9,000 season ticket holders.

That's good news for all concerned and will help a bit in keeping the smaller clubs afloat should the uptake be decent.

derick_ipsw

Re: All games to be Screened

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:07 pm

Suits me. :D

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Where will the links be posted for the matches? ITFC.com? Do you know if there will be extra charges for overseas?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:16 pm

Nothing been announced from club yet mate, only been confirmed today by EFL etc.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:24 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... et-holders I think that is correct for season ticket holders.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:41 pm

That suits me until we can attend, sadly I don't see away fans being permitted to attend all season.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:41 pm
That suits me until we can attend, sadly I don't see away fans being permitted to attend all season.
Awwww! No TITS boxing the Crewe Crew Cut Nutters down PR-way?! Nightmare! :D

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:26 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:12 pm
Where will the links be posted for the matches? ITFC.com? Do you know if there will be extra charges for overseas?
If you live outside the UK ... then you can subscribe to IFollow. 166 euros ( or equivalent in dollars) for a seasons worth of games. What’s that - around 4 euro per game OR monthly pass of 24 euros. Should work out cheaper than 10 quid a game.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:47 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:26 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:12 pm
If you live outside the UK ... then you can subscribe to IFollow. 166 euros ( or equivalent in dollars) for a seasons worth of games. What’s that - around 4 euro per game OR monthly pass of 24 euros. Should work out cheaper than 10 quid a game.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/
Cheers! I may do the monthly.