Players left out of squad photo

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Tangfastic

Players left out of squad photo

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:12 am

Dobra, El Mizouni, Ndaba, Drinan and McGavin were all told they weren’t to be included in the official squad photo.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/itfc-snub ... -1-6812650

Could be nothing.... or a bit of tough-love psychology.... but I felt that’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for young lads wanting to break into the squad. It can hardly make you feel part of the squad.

At least those five can hold their heads high that they weren’t responsible for the shambles of a season last year.

With Lambert making strange comments about Woolf I’m starting to wonder about Lambert’s man-management.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Players left out of squad photo

Post by Bluemike » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:43 am

This is bizarre and dare I say it, very worrying, it makes no sense at all, at least Three of those look more than capable of being in and around the first team/ match day squad, I'd like our leader to explain this decision cus I'm starting to get pissed off with him already.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:49 am

I guess they will all go out on loan and we will end up playing Skuse and Chambers.

I suppose it's the same old problem. The squad us too large. No one wants the majority of our squad, I imagine the only interest would be in Downes, Woolfenden and Norwood. So which would we be happier with as a way if reducing the size of the squad; selling a couple of those three or sending 5 youngsters out on loan? One mistake was to extend Skuse's contract last season. There comes a time to let the oldies go before they become a financial liability.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:15 am

PL is a complete knob. The younger lads have played better than the old guard. We know now it will be the same sh*t players (Chambers Skuse ) playing. I am with you on this Bluemike he is pissing me off to. :x

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:51 am

Very disappointing I was all for giving PL another chance but I'm getting to the point where I think his time is almost up, if after around ten league games we are not front runners I think he should go.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:02 pm

It does all seem a bit odd . But the picture wasn’t the traditional team photo, but one spelling out “NHS”.

Maybe they didn’t need that many players to spell that out, when adhering to social distancing ? ( yet all players were sent a request to attend), only to find they were needed ?!

Could be as simple as that 🤷‍♀️ Perhaps? ........ or as others say Lambert is being a bit of a knob ? Anyway I wonder if things are as Rosey at PR as we are led to believe .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:09 pm

Nail on the head, Hallam. It’ll have been a Covid19 thing. Distancing etc etc. Certainly SOMETHING along those lines.
And I’d be shocked if Lambert gives a fk about the photo. Don’t get too pissed off with him before the first league game.
The press and their endless need to find problems. 🤦‍♂️

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:21 pm

Hope you’re right marko, but he has been saying some weird things about various players in the last week. I think he’s under pressure ( rightly so), yo get the Club up this season. But his problems are largely of his own making .

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:43 pm

I don’t think this team photo was the best idea. It really emphasises Lambo’s bald spot. Looking a bit rotund, too.

Brownie points if you can name all the players from this photo. Good luck ... it could be anyone.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:38 pm

This screams of media sensationalism. There's no way in hell Lambert would want to offload these talented youngsters, especially in the current financial climate and salary cap restrictions. If you look at the photo, where would the youngsters have fit in anyway? Complete bollocks in my opinion. I can't wait until the season starts and all the speculation about team selection disappears...well I hope that's the case anyway. :D

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:19 pm

Bit of a non story Imo, let’s wait and see which players are registered for the first team. Would it be wrong to send these players on loan? El Mizouni the exception, he has moments of magic in him and should be at least on the bench every week.

Also I have no worries about PL comments about players. Any comments he makes about players will certainly be relayed to the player before release to the press. I am sure manager comments are often pre planned to deflect from other stories.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:45 pm

Stuart Watson of the EADT having to admit that PhotoGate wasn’t all that

“Had a long private chat with Stuart Taylor about our original story.

Appears some of the details in it were wrong - ie players were told at TG rather than PR - so I apologise for that.

Also, it was Taylor who told the players about the decision, not Lambert. “

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:43 pm

It seems the young players weren’t “ left out of the team photo, nor tunrned up to be told they weren’t required”. So someone at the EADT is shyte stirring and the Club have rightfully called then out on these “ lies”.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:33 pm

This is the gutter snipe press all over, someone's head should roll. As Lambert has often said there are people out there who want us to fail.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:03 pm

Always take EVERYTHING written in the press with a pinch of salt until you see actual footage of "things" being said. Whether it's politics or sport. Too many Woodward and Bernstein wannabes out there. And ok, it was quite trivial re photo but I do believe someone's head should roll too. . Make an example. Stop printing made up stories. It affects livlihoods. Their jobs are difficult enough.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:33 pm

I despise the printed press. Without them we wouldn't have had Brexit or this shambles of a Government.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:05 pm

The press hasn’t been the same since they got rid of Page Three. Who doesn’t love a great pair of tits?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:16 pm

I do fear a TWTD or EADT headline after 5 games..... “A great pair of Tits”

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:16 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:05 pm
The press hasn’t been the same since they got rid of Page Three. Who doesn’t love a great pair of tits?
😂😂😂

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Lambert needs to get abreast of the situation

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:58 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:33 pm
This is the gutter snipe press all over, someone's head should roll. As Lambert has often said there are people out there who want us to fail.
I think it’s fair to say a fair few Town “ fans” do too, Mike !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:11 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:58 am
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:33 pm
I think it’s fair to say a fair few Town “ fans” do too, Mike !
I see you’ve quoted “fans” which I guess is casting doubt as to whether some are actually fans......., but I’ve never fully believed that. There have been a few Norwich fans masquerading as Ipswich fans over the years but certainly believe that all on here are quite passionate Ipswich fans. Can’t say that for the TWTD machine. :lol:

Way back in the day, early internet (for me, 1998) ..... a few Hibs pals going on the Hearts forum and slating the manager. Always a fun night. Especially when a couple Jambo pals knew it was us. The aggro was banter to us, but the moderators didn’t have a clue it was all a big wind up. :lol: 🤦‍♂️

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:47 am

I can’t help feel lot of these sentiments aren’t necessarily against the club, but personal animosities between fans... rifts about Lambert, players and other managers (Mick, for example) and Evans going back years. Not really on here, but the other forum. A lot of one-upmanship vendettas.

One thing for certain, there’s quite a few who haven’t forgotten our terrible form last season and it doesn’t take too much to push it Lambert’s way. COVID hasn’t affected short-term memory.

Who knows... maybe if there is some truth there are rifts between the players and management, it might be a good thing. Always felt sometimes it was a bit too cosy in the camp. Maybe Lambert needs to up the ante and be ruthless, but I just hope he aims it at the under-performers.