Cambridge match commentary

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AzzurroMark

Re: Cambridge match commentary

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Welcome to the club, Azzurro.

I’ve just called Doninos and asked why the hell they were scarce with the spicy pork balls. Just proper grumping down the phone. I feel bad. State of the world. America going nuts on the news etc etc. World is bad enough without having to deal with spicy pork balls rations

:lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:52 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:25 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:16 pm
There is 8 or 9 players that would probably play ahead of some who played today, it may be disappointing but it means nothing, all experimental with some players in today who won't see the first team, some players playing their FIRST game of pre season, we need a sense of perspective here.
So when does it matter BM next week against Bristol Rovers?
Well I am of the opinion that every competitive match matters, therefore I would like us to take Bristol Rovers seriously, unfortunately I am not sure Lambert’s approach will be the same, I do think he'll go with his recognised first team but being the first time they'll have been together is hardly taking the game seriously in my eyes. Marko is spot on in that the Wigan game really is when it matters most so if taking the cup games as experimental exercises gets us off to a winning start in the League I'll go with that.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:07 am

I agree with you both Wigan is the most important but winning breads confidence so to beat both Bristol and Arsenal u21's would be the best way to go. PL is the problem with his selection policy.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:17 am

Stuart Taylor made a post match comment that the disappointing display made the managers job a lot more easier.

Based on that, players who disappointed might find themselves out of the team. You can’t really blame the young lads filling in or the two strikers making their first appearance, but I’d say Judge, Nolan and Huws should come mostly under the microscope for a below par performance.