Our Manager

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Kerry Blue

Our Manager

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 am

Looking on the other site on pages 3 and 4 it looks like Lambert's number might be up before long, probably nothing in it but it's coming from the site moderator so you never know.

Kerry Blue

Re: Our Manager

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:33 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:32 am
Looking on the other site on pages 3 and 4 (Lee Johnson anyone ) it looks like Lambert's number might be up before long, probably nothing in it but it's coming from the site moderator so you never know.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:32 pm

Makes for an interesting read doesn’t it KB.

I sorta get the feeling we could have a new manager before Santa arrives.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Christmas in New Zealand occurs in the summer months therefore would like to think he's already departed..

Does the author suggest TWTD as original material i.e. 'other site'. Had a quick look in and sure enough there's a number of manager themed topics running although when caught sight of one suggesting Dyer and new team coach and McCarthy as director with it (I) kind of lost interest at that stage.

Bottom line Evans won't take action at least not until the club falls into League Two. He'll then feel compeled to act, a morale obligation to undertake motion. Our owner doesn't fire managers here after too soon, allows progress - or lack of - to stagnate and erode before deciding on actions. Lambert has been here relatively early there's little to no chance seeing him forced out irrespective of how poorly the team fares in the months ahead. Seen it so many times since Sheepshanks took off, it's simply the way the owner operates.

Speaking and considering potential new names would seem immaterial. Johnson (as mentioned) though, what of Bristol City ? Been numerous occasions over there where they've risen in unison about wanting him way from their club set-up. Swapping one tried and failed manager for another doesn't seem a viable direction but once again it seems a dead issue as Lambert would appear to be going nowhere anytime soon.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Looking on the other site on pages 3 and 4 it looks like Lambert's number might be up before long, probably nothing in it but it's coming from the site moderator so you never know.
Can you provide a link please?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:57 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:22 pm
Kerry Blue wrote:

It's now on page 2 on TWTD under Lee Johnson anyone on pages 3 and 4.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:10 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Kerry Blue wrote:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/485531/lee ... nyone/#105
here you go NIc

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:28 pm

Someone posted this a little while ago on TWTD. Must admit it does seem odd that Paul Lambert has disappeared from any media interviews and then there was those comments he’s made against certain players ...... smoke / mirrors ? Or something not right at PR ?

Heard a rumour that makes a little bit of sense alongside other events 19:39 - Sep 2 with 544 views by WarkTheWarkITFC

A mate I just bumped into is related to one of the Under 18’s.

He claims that in March when it was pretty obvious we were done as far as the playoffs were concerned Lambert was fully expecting to be gone.

Lockdown happens and at that stage it was still assumed season would complete meaning whatever clause Evans has means he can get rid a lot cheaper once season finished and we missed out. Lambert made absolutely no effort with any of the players (loosely fits what I read here earlier about him having to be cajoled by coaches to have meetings) and the players were far from happy with lots of things on the communication front, in addition to worrying about their futures, COVID and so on.

This set the tone for players who were already largely unhappy with him anyway realising that he didn’t care about them now he was off and as soon as the season was settled on PPG and it dawned that he couldn’t / wouldn’t be got rid of the damage was done and since then it’s been a very weird atmosphere.

No idea if that’s true but can’t see why he wouldn’t have a good idea of what happened and since then it seems that players have realised they are all against him which is why they are speaking freely now with no respect left as they sense he will soon be gone anyway.

What an absolute mess if it’s true. But seems that period between thinking he was off and realising the season would be completed on PPG somehow changed things - maybe the wording of the contract in that the season didn’t complete?

Can’t see how the contract would be worded differently. Surely PPG is the season completed. Maybe Evans changed his tune due to the pandemic and uncertainty?

Rings a little true but too many holes.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:01 pm

Yes I just saw that it's strange something is going on yet a couple of weeks ago players were saying how good things were around the club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:25 pm

Load of tosh in my opinion

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Players sat what they have to. They can't slag off the manager to the press.

Come the revolution, I'd ban all newspapers. Lies, lies and more lies. Our press are the laughing stock of Europe.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Dead right, not to mention the scum of the earth.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:54 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:10 pm
nicscreamer wrote:
Kerry Blue wrote:
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/485531/lee ... nyone/#105
here you go NIc
Thanks Hallam

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:59 am

Maybe tomorrow we’ll get a good performance and a relaxed, smiling Lambo.

There’s a lot of crap posted on TWTD, but I do tend to think there’s some discontent within the camp. One chap who seems to have contacts within the club and is a regular on a podcast, states there’s a lot of unhappiness with PL and it’s a case of when, not if, he leaves.

Not sure about all this, but a couple of bad performances and I can see these rumours growing even more arms and legs. Doubtless there are fans who are desperate to see Lambert go.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:12 am

Probably the same fans that were desperate to see MM go and now moan continuously about League One

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:14 am

Yes plenty of crap on TWTD but we all want news on Town and sometimes you can get it early on there site and I agree something is going on, we certainly don't need a bad start to the season.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:23 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:12 am
Probably the same fans that were desperate to see MM go and now moan continuously about League One
Strangely, there’s a lot of anti-Lambert fans who are very quick to praise MM.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:43 am

That is strange as when he was here it was nigh on impossible to find anyone praising Mccarthy towards the end.

I am still firmly of the opinion PL will do the business this season although the loss of Downes will be a bitter blow to us.