Chambo

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Chambo

Post by Bluemike » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:19 am

I know he gets a lot of stick in some quarters, most of it harsh in my opinion, but as a person, captain and ambassador for the club he is first class, I saw this post from a woman on FB and thought how fantastic it was.
When a friend (ipswich fan) died during lock down our captain took the time to ring and speak to her before she died, he also sent a txt which was read to her when she was unconscious. He took the time to contact her husband after she had died and even contacted after the funeral xxx our captain is a top man who respects us fans xxx stop moaning and embrace the good in people 💙🤍😇

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Chambo

Post by Charnwood » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:38 am

I read this too Mike and thought exactly the same. I’ve read similar comments elsewhere about Chambo on quite a few occasions and the guy never seeks publicity from it. I guess many footballers carry out similar acts of kindness in the community which rarely get reported. It’s only when Press Offices are involved that it makes the news but in these cases the acts are so obviously staged it doesn’t have the same feeling of genuine kindness.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 am

This is exactly why he is our Club Captain. He's a good professional on and off the pitch IMO. He's actually playing well this season so far. Getting into opponents box and putting inn some decent crosses to their box as well.

For the people who knock Chambo, he cant help being picked for the team, and since several managers have all continued to pick him , it must say something about the player and the man himself.

#chambosfistpump

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:03 pm

Did he not send flowers to the funeral home?

FFS, Luke. Get a grip man. Jaysus H 🤦‍♂️

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:12 pm

What he does off the pitch has never been a issue as captain and ambassador he is top notch. Unfortunately on the pitch at centre back he is liability. And as far as I'm aware that is the only criticism he receives.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:15 pm

I didn't know anything about that but I'm not surprised he's a top man and a true Blue.👍👏👏