Top of the league

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

BLUEBLOOD

Top of the league

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:58 pm

2-0 away great result and top of the league

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Top of the league

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:29 pm

Be very interesting to see the starting 11 v Rochdale next week. Hopefully it shows signs of a settled side. No mass changes like last season. Build on what he knows and kick on in this woeful 3rd tier.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:11 pm

I would make changes next week, no Norwood or Sears please.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:22 am

I think injuries will force PL’s hand as he doesn’t have too many strikers to choose from does he. I just hope and pray Lankester can stay fit , because he cause so many problems for defences IMO by his crosses.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:57 pm

2 games in ffs.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:55 am

You'd soon have made a comment if we were bottom though ffs

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:40 am

Is that not allowed? Just because I don't buy into the fact we are going to dominate this league and get over excited about beating two poor sides like your good self.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am

Is it not allowed for Blueblood to comment on the fact we are top of the league too without you starting the ffs crap ? If you don't like it stay off it

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:16 am
Is it not allowed for Blueblood to comment on the fact we are top of the league too without you starting the ffs crap ? If you don't like it stay off it
Certainly was not aving a go at Blueblood. Good try though at trying to make something out of nothing.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:19 pm

I think you are the past master at that and in view of the fact Blueblood started the topic with which you have such annoyance at you kind of look a bit daft.

Another thing, show me the post where anyone has said its a fact we are going to "dominate this league" ? Your words by the way. I don't get how that's a fact.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:51 pm

Yes we are top and have played it seems two poor sides but unlike last season we have played some good football and with hopefully players coming back from injuries, I'm optimistic for the season ahead.👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:01 pm

Thankfully some can see the improvement in certain aspects of our play.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 pm

You got to ask yourself how many instances this season will see the team in first position. Two games in, can understand it's somewhat premature to get excited but make the most of things (as with other facets of life) while you can.

I don't expect the team to be where they're at by end of year. Hell the club could even see itself outside the top six positions by January but point being there's a certain pride in seeing the club name in #1 position irrespective of the least amount of games played. Should the team fall away (as before) it could be tough to regain status.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:32 pm

s long as we are in the to0 two come the end of the season, I’d be happy with that Saint! :D

As for this season, I do wonder if it will survive, given the CoVid situation. Smaller clubs aren’t going to survive without crowds. Wonder what those parts at EFL will do this season ?

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:06 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:19 pm
I think you are the past master at that and in view of the fact Blueblood started the topic with which you have such annoyance at you kind of look a bit daft.

Another thing, show me the post where anyone has said its a fact we are going to "dominate this league" ? Your words by the way. I don't get how that's a fact.
BM I have met you I really don't understand why your so aggressive with your posts yet as a person your so meek in person in my company. Or maybe I do. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:38 pm

surely by coming onto a thread and saying ffs to a poster is being aggressive, no ? Nothing I've said is aggressive at all , by the way you haven't shown anyone yet who said we'd dominate this division, of course you can't.

I was myself when I met you, always prepared to give people a chance, even those that had repeatedly disrespected me in the past, we got on ok or so I thought, then the nonsense started again.

As I recall it you approaching me in the pub in Blackpool was the only aggression I can remember but maybe that was you being the real you, and all because you got yourself banned by being you

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:48 pm

I am not going to continue this particular conversation with you from 250 miles away because that plays into your keyboard warrior hands and needs to stay off this site. What I will do is have this communication with you when fans are allowed back into grounds on a face to face basis.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:42 pm

I used to look forward to meeting up with you or anyone else off here for a beer, Sadly after the last time I have no desire to repeat it, I don't go to football for that, we will clearly never agree on certain things so they're best left.

As for the keyboard warrior thing that's pot and kettle if ever I heard it. As you say, convo closed.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:59 am

BM posts 21975...me 3334. The case for the defence rests. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 am

That makes someone a warrior? Never mind the numerous preview and prediction posts over the years lol.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:48 am

Id suggest its the content of a post , not the quantity that's the issue!

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:49 pm

I would say in your case both those sentiments definitely apply.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:25 pm

Acid post from as per usual. You just love an argument don’t you.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 pm

Myself and BM had agreed to end the conversation I don't understand why you have to add your two penneth. Which was as you say was a acid comment. And No I don't love a argument with you or anyone else. That's just you making a mountain out of a mole Hill. What ever you choose to post i am not even going to read or as is easier i will just block all your posts.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:14 pm

The last time I commented on something like this I got told I was too easily embarrassed and that I shouldn't read it.

The fault in that argument is that you don't knuw what you're reading until you've read it. I know some see this forum as a sort if extension of a pub conversation but I don't. In a pub if a couple of vague acquaintances are having an argument, you can walk away and talk to someone else. But here you've either got to stop looking - which essentially means leaving the forum - or putting up with this sh*t.

There are certain animosities on here. I'm all for debate and differences of opinion but I'll say it again, I find the personal insults embarrassing.

I agree that being top of the league after 2 games is no big deal. But after the way we ended last season to do. our first 2 games is something of an achievement. There have been disappointing aspects of our performances against poor sides but equally there have been real signs of progress in other areas. The world isn't black and white, and I'm the first to admit I see the negatives more than the positives. But I do try to read the posts from the more positive members of the forum and see things from both sides.

At the end of the day, we all support the same side.

Rant over. Let's play nice. And remember, self abuse can be more fun than abusing others 🙄

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:39 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:59 pm
Myself and BM

... 1) And No I don't love a argument with you or anyone else.

....... 2) i will just block all your posts.
1) LOL yes, if you say, it must be true then :lol:

2) At last, Thank god for that, I won’t have to read your juvenile assaults anymore , hallelujah !

Cheerio 👋

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:43 am

Let’s call it a draw! :D I enjoy reading all of your posts.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:31 am

Draw declared.