Andre Dozzell

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Andre Dozzell

Post by number 9 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:08 pm

No he's not been injured! I've been critical of Andre's lack of progression, but my mind is changing about the lad. He seems very well grounded and genuine in this article, and he sounds very dedicated to getting Ipswich promoted. Just wanted to share...and maybe we can keep this thread alive to monitor his progress this season?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... rtman-road

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Andre Dozzell

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:47 pm

Grandad, Jason Dozzell? That must make a few feel quite old.

And Lorenzo Dozzell? He’s either a big time footballer or an underworld hitman! :lol: Brilliant name.

Wish Andre all the very best in his career and even when’s he’s hitting 42, he’ll still be getting a game......, Lorenzo will make sure of it. 👍

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 am

Clearly has talent, but needs a run of games, the style of play Will suit him and will give him the chance to showcase it.

The question is will he be able to maintain this current level of performance and kick on further? I think he will, given the chance. However he will need to overcome extra attention from the opposition he will increasing become man marked as teams start to work him and our tactics out.

I predict a great season for him that will lead to bids from clubs. If we are still in L1 he will be gone, if we get promoted we can offer him more money but still likely to leave.

I have said this before it will ultimately be the sale of our assents (at the correct price) and the money it generates that will get us back at the top end of the Championship pushing for promotion.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 am

There’s some glowing comments from Dozzell about ITFC.... but he’s turned down contracts from us in the last year and he’s now on his ‘triggered’ last season with us. So effectively could walk away on a free in the summer.
Understandable to some extent that he hasn’t signed a new contract if he wasn’t getting game time and he would be attractive as a freebie.... but find it difficult to equate his words of love towards the club and not signing a new contract. Also, why didn’t he want to go out on loan to progress his career? It worked for Downes and Woolf.

Good luck to him .... he’s a talented footballer and this is his chance now. Not sure he’s tough enough and he’s going to be targeted by the opposition, but hopeful he can push on and eventually produce the goods. If he does leave next summer... let’s hope he helps us get promotion first. Maybe he’ll even sign a new contract.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:04 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:47 pm
Grandad, Jason Dozzell? That must make a few feel quite old.

And Lorenzo Dozzell? He’s either a big time footballer or an underworld hitman! :lol: Brilliant name.

Wish Andre all the very best in his career and even when’s he’s hitting 42, he’ll still be getting a game......, Lorenzo will make sure of it. 👍
😂 I think the latter job spec might be more accurate marko. AD won’t be a Town player after this season I fear , and we’ll get sod all for him . Way o the World I guess .

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:02 pm

I will be surprised if AD is still in the first 11 come November to be honest.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:01 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:02 pm
Yep. Covid will see to it that there ain't going to be any 11.

If there is a Most High......, (on knees) Please God; NO MORE LOCKDOWNS.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:37 am

derick_ipsw wrote:
For what reason ?

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 am

I'd be very surprised if he isn't.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:24 am

Only injury or a total loss of form will see him out of the team. One of the first on the team sheet for me, he uses the ball so well really complements the system PL is trying to play, he is the focal point of the system.

As I was corrected previously, he can walk away for free at the end of the season, what a waste that would be. Hopefully something can be done with a release clause to protect the asset.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:08 pm

The trouble is, we are stuck. The salary cap will prevent league 1 clubs from hanging on to their better players. From Dozzell's point of view, why would you sign a new contract? if we get promotion he could negotiate a better deal. If we don't he's a free man and open to offers.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:25 pm

He would be absolutely nuts to sign a new deal, either we get promoted this season or he walks for zilch.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:25 pm
He would be absolutely nuts to sign a new deal, either we get promoted this season or he walks for zilch.
Exactly

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Is it not the case he can sign on a free 6 months before his contract expires?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Probably why he’s so happy then . He knows he’s walking away from the Club soon , with big fat signing on fee and the Club gets sod all ( as per usual)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Mevans better not stand in the laddies way, ........, Lorenzo will hunt him down in 20 years time.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:26 pm

Well done, Andre! Does everyone think he deserves it?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/why-dozzel ... -1-6862592

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:57 pm

Its a no brainer and only those with no brain would argue against it.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:40 pm

I think there were a (very) small number of us last season who wanted to see more of him while many wrote him off. Delighted to see him doing well. Still prone to errors but seems to have recovered physically and mentally to his injury.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 pm

I definitely wrote him off although I have always said when at his best he is real quality, I just felt injuries etc had contrived to see his career pass him by.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:32 pm

Just seeing Everton table a bid of £26m for narwich’s Ben Godfrey (who has a fraction of Dozzells or Downes International experience), but a season of chasing shadows in the PL, just makes me laugh tbh. Scum value him at £50m - ha ha ha ha ... The game has gone bloody mad .

A player is suddenly deemed a “ wonder “ if the club he plays for happens to have had recent PL exposure ..... by contrast Downes by virtue of his clubs league one status is valued at £1m !! The game is rotten to the core and no longer reflects the “ beautiful game “ does it . All quite sickening really.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Andre Dozzell is clearly a very talented player but struggles with consistency and until he achieves this he will never fulfil his true potential. Maybe our coaches need to build up his strength and stamina which could reap tremendous rewards for both player and club.

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:44 am

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:55 pm
I definitely wrote him off although I have always said when at his best he is real quality, I just felt injuries etc had contrived to see his career pass him by.
I think many of us felt that. It still might be the case but I hope not.
I didn't think he could play the defensive role as I thought he was holding back. But he seems to have got over that.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:22 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:37 am
derick_ipsw wrote:
For what reason ?
To much of a light weight gets out muscled to often. He is a luxury player (like Glen Hoddle obviously not as good as) he needs people around him to do all the dirty work. Once we start losing which will be very soon after yesterday's performance PL will have to change things and it will Dozzell he drops.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 pm

I hope not. To my mind the only alternative would be to replace him with Downes who would provide a more physical presence, but I imagine he will be out for a few weeks.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:10 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:40 pm
I hope not. To my mind the only alternative would be to replace him with Downes who would provide a more physical presence, but I imagine he will be out for a few weeks.
You also have got Huws & skuse. We could also go 442 and have two out and out wingers and you would only need two centre midfielders.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:34 pm

I’d rather sacrifice Bishop, than Dozzell. It’s Bishop’s job to run and drive at defenders and if he’s not doing it, then he looks a bit superfluous. But he’s scored twice already and done pretty well this season - but not yesterday. I’d stick with the midfield for the time being. Give it a chance.

I like how we’re set up. If we change personnel and formations every time we play badly then we’ll never get anywhere. I’d rather we stick at it and try and improve. We’ve got to work out how to combat the man-marking and the pressing better. If we want better protection, then we might as well give Skuse a five year contract and go back to safety first. That’s a backwards move. If we’re more lightweight and defensively vulnerable, then maybe we can counter that by being offensively better than the opposition.

If we go two up front, then I’m not sure we’ve got enough fit strikers anyway.

10pts out of 12 isn’t that bad.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:54 pm

Funny how everyone moaned at changes last season and now the first time we don't win they want change,
#onlyatIpswich

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:19 pm

We are talking about 1 player being changed not the 4 or 5 he changed every game last season.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:54 pm
Funny how everyone moaned at changes last season and now the first time we don't win they want change,
#onlyatIpswich
In fairness I think only one person has suggested that we might change personnel or formation.