MK Dons vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Remain Unbeaten?

Dons Win
7%
Town Win
57%
Draw
36%

Total votes: 14

derick_ipsw

Re: MK Dons vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:56 pm
Andym wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:34 pm
Still struggling. Nsisla playing well.
We’re 1-0 up. :)
That was inevitable. We can't get hold of the ball. Can't pass either. They close us down and we've never been able to cope with that.
Unfortunately PL has never had a plan B.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 pm

I think to be fair we are just not good enough with our first touch. If a team gets tight on us we panic and give it away

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 pm
I think to be fair we are just not good enough with our first touch. If a team gets tight on us we panic and give it away
I totally agree.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Andym wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:18 pm
That was inevitable. We can't get hold of the ball. Can't pass either. They close us down and we've never been able to cope with that.
Can't cope with Milton Keynes Dons? Jaysus H. That is really f**king uplifting.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Stats look shocking, almost 70 mins played, 1 shot on target and 1 corner, 39% possession !

WTF’s going on, is anyone watching a live stream ?

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:34 pm

Like I say, they get tight on us and we don't know what to do. Can't keep Orders in st all. No passing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:34 pm

All 3 subs done by the 56th?

What the desparation fk is going on, Lambo?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:47 pm

Following the stats but wish I wasn’t as these suggest we’re really struggling.

Possession. MKD. v Ipswich

Shots. 12. v 3

Shots on Target. 5. v. 1

Corners 8. v. 2

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:57 pm

1-1 down to 10 men 20 mins left after downes went off.
Settle for that.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm

We have just had a rude awakening. We got away with it today. Town are very average at best when another team gets in their face even when we had 11 men. :(
Last edited by derick_ipsw on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm

Listening to that today sounded very much like last season all over again I’m afraid😟

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Massive point gained seeing as we were woeful throughout and down to Ten men

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:59 pm
We have just had a rude awakening. We got away with it today. Town are very average at best when another team gets in their face. :(
Very true. I had hoped that Dozzell and Bishop would be able to handle that but they never really had a chance. We just didn't manage to pass at all. Nsiala my man of the match. Defended well. But no one passed the ball well at all. Very disappointing performance. Just hope PL admits it.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:08 pm

They said Downes was almost carried off down the tunnel, so that doesn't look good and he did it himself.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:12 pm

What happened there then, go away and we're ahead lo and behold the team didn't win and I'm reading reports that the team were poor / ineffective and fortunate for a point. Don't have all the ins and outs of what occurred there today, will catch up on the game report in due course. Initial reaction pleased we took something from the game and a point we maybe didn't deserve but we're now out of the automatic places looking at the league.

The opposition were streets ahead in terms of possession and chances if statistics are anything to go by. f*ck it, it's four games in and we've won three and tied the other, still encouraging. Haven't even taken anti-depressants today hell I don't know what to make of it. Need to focus on the other side of it and realize we're maybe not of formidable status that was perhaps evident before today. Did vote for a draw before start of play and the winning run to end so guess can't be too disheartened about what went on there.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:19 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:12 pm
The opposition were streets ahead in terms of possession and chances......
That in itself (vs MK f**king D) should be grounds for Lambert getting himself to fk. Saint even noticed this, and he's not taken his Auntie Dees yet.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Just as a bit of a disclaimer here, and I will make sure to comment less so as not to unsettle proceedings......., but I have a real issue with Paul Lambert. He's been full of wind & pish for months talking about various things. As long as he can keep ITFC top 6, that's all I am personally bothered about. Will now CEASE to watch his pressers......., f**king annoying tw@t.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Second half... what were we doing the start of the second half? 1-0 up and they weren’t really threatening us in the first half despite their possession.
Today was one for the back four and I thought Hawkins did well on his own up front. A point gained with Downes down.

Most disappointing thing was the midfield. They should be looking to get hold of that ball and taking control. Was there anyone there who had the intelligence or leadership to outthink the opposition? As someone said it felt like last season. Clueless and lacking direction.
I think a point is good ... just hopefully lessons learnt.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:35 pm

Didn’t watch the game but got the impression Town actually just sat back and allowed MKD to have possession- a little trick we often did under McCarthy.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:40 pm

I think the fall out is a bit OTT , we were poor, we didn't lose, we can't win 46 bloody games or indeed play well every game. As bad as we were things went their way, Ward going off, their guy not seeing Red and then scoring, Downes going off and putting us down to Ten men, we deserved nothing but ground out a point. The over reaction makes me laugh dread to see it when we lose but I should be used to it.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:43 pm

I have to say I was very disappointed today. I think we were outnumbered in midfield and they closed us down. well. But what do we want? Back to MM tactics of matching up our formation to the opposition's or trying to impose our own? I think the starting line up and formation is what we all wanted pretty much. Then Its harder to change it while you're in front.

But for most of the game we didn't try to play out from the back. Our passing accuracy% was apparently in the 70s. That's pretty low but watching it, it seemed a lot lower.

Going down to 10 men didn't really make a huge difference. I don't think anyone outside the back 4 looked any good today, but mostly because they never saw the ball. The defence did well (although the bloke was completely unmarked for the goal, must have been in 10 yards of space), but only defensively. They gave the ball away as much as everyine else.

i would have liked to see Jackson come on in one of the wide positions. I suppose he doesn't offer anything defensively though, and we were being overrun.

I can see MK Dons climbing the league, potentially a top half finish. Not sure if I feel the same about Ipswich. Very few positives today. As I said earlier. I would have expected the likes of Dozzell and Bishop to cope in tight spaces but they really didn't see enough of the ball.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:49 pm

:oops: Has the tide turned, MKD bottom no wins and all we can do is get a lucky draw, Time for McGuiness to make his bow, cant wait for KVY to get back, I still think this was a minor blip, and back to winning ways next game, COYB.

If we do start a losing run as per last season, then PL must depart company with Ipswich Town whilst there's still time to turn things around by another manager.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:25 pm
Just as a bit of a disclaimer here, and I will make sure to comment less so as not to unsettle proceedings......., but I have a real issue with Paul Lambert. He's been full of wind & pish for months talking about various things. As long as he can keep ITFC top 6, that's all I am personally bothered about. Will now CEASE to watch his pressers......., f**king annoying tw@t.
Haven’t been listening to them for ages mate 😀
Same old same old

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:58 pm

Yep, excellent point gained playing sh*te, and from a winning position. :shock: :roll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Think it’s just the opposition really. It’s obvious 46 games can’t be won, and even the great Barca burst the coupon the other week, but (for me) I see the home/away factor as being of very little advantage. It’s only a pitch....... but fans make a difference. So it’s not even as if it being an away game is a disadvantage. (Opinion of course)

Fully expected ITFC to make the fans see today that they were genuine. And IF some fans see the home / away thing this season as a factor, then YES, even more so thought ITFC would’ve put in a quality performance and proved they can do things AWAY from PR.

The other stuff, the luck etc etc.... that’s all irrelevant, that’s all part of the 90mins........ but......... those stats are abysmal playing essentially (according to recent reports) a really abysmal team.i obviously joked with the 6 nil, but really was expecting a real honest to God show of intent. But nope. PISH.

Get that very good team (in my opinion) playing better, Lambert.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... resilience PL's post match just for you Marko. :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Still undefeated, so not overly concerned. MK Dons have dominated possession in most of their games even against Lincoln. Downe's and Ward injuries are a bit concerning, hopefully not too serious. It's been mentioned by a few including myself, our midfield can look a little light weight. Combine that with misfiring strikers and an injury plagued defence could very well spell disaster, but I'm not going there yet. PL needs to be aware though.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:31 pm

derick_ipsw wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:04 pm
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... resilience PL's post match just for you Marko. :lol:
Ward Achilles, Downe's Knee...great. :astroll:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:21 pm

PL quote from that link above:

“I don’t know, I’d have to see it again but I’ve seen things in the Premier League, seen things in the Championship where people have been sent off. You can’t do things off the ball, that’s my argument on it. And listen, I've seen things in Germany too. Did you know I played in Germany? Bundesliga. For Dortmund. Actually won the Champions League. Yep, I've seen things, in Germany, in Scotland at Celtic, at Motherwell, ok no so much at Motherwell, but certainly Celtic, and at World Cups, ok maybe only that one World Cup, but I've seen things, and listen, I've heard things too, aye, I hear things all the time. And yep, Dortmund i played for. Thats Boru-sha Dortmund. Ba Roo Sha!!"

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:57 pm

Those three 2-0 wins before today against those so called easy teams well all three won today, got to look on the bright side. 😂