Blackpool FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Back to winning ways in the League?

Blackpool Win
18%
Ipswich Win
53%
Draw
29%

Total votes: 17

number 9

Re: Blackpool FC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by number 9 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Super win! Especially nice since Lambo had to shuffle the squad a bit. Maybe there is a plan B this season. Still undefeated!!

COYB!!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:02 pm

We got the win, thought for a moment they could pull it back, previous experience teaches you caution but for a 4 - 1 victory on the road is a commendable achievement even taking into consideration the opponents league placing.

Other scores seem to have gone our way so an improved ending than the last time out. Possession and shots were about equal but they don't always submit the full story. Who's up next Rochdale or something ? You got to believe even at this early stage we're looking good but there's still so much more to come. Not allowing complacency to intrude by any measure, one step at a time although another encouraging score all the same.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm

And all without Garbutt

Bristol Rovers did us a a favour also, not bad for a team who were slated when playing us. Chambers not doing too badly either.

All in all pleasing day

Ando

Post by Ando » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm

Edwards MOM for me, good substitution to bring Jackson on offered a bit more in behind. Bennett’s looks looks decent and will have plenty to offer over the season.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:06 pm

Well done lads, Top of the league :)

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Ando wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:03 pm
Edwards MOM for me, good substitution to bring Jackson on offered a bit more in behind. Bennett’s looks looks decent and will have plenty to offer over the season.
Agree with that choice of MOTM, 2 goals and certainly appearing to be the player we had hoped that we had purchased.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Surely Edwards man of the match. Took his goals brilliantly and helped out Kenlock defensively. I would imagine Lambert put him on the left to help out Kenlock... who was OK.

Weird game. I lost count of the stupid passes that Huws gave away and certainly not a game where our midfield was in contro.but at least we’ve shown we’ve got some bite going forwards.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:18 pm

What a great away win in donkey-land. Predicted that wrong ---> no change there. Even predicted "no scorer" in the Prediction League. :lol:

Brilliant to hear that Edwards not only scored twice but assisted and basically had an all round great game. Never slated that laddie because you can see he has a bit of class about him. It was the fannies in charge who were playing him in the wrong positions over the months last season. Very good player.

And Mike, ......, hmmmm, The Loons on Tuesday? Struggled against Cove today..... were even 1-0 down at HT but thankfully got a couple after the break. And it was a strong Hibs side. All sounded very lethargic on Hibs radio , but hoping their fingers are out for Station Road come Tuesday. I think it'll be a decent game. Won't predict!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:23 pm

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -4-ipswich

WHAT a goal by Chambo !!!! #fistpump

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:35 pm

Well, made a late decision at Midday to watch Ipswich, instead of my local team. Seems i would have been in for a goal fest wherever, as Wymondham won 10-3 and banishing memories of their opening day 7 goal defeat!

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:35 pm
Well, made a late decision at Midday to watch Ipswich, instead of my local team. Seems i would have been in for a goal fest wherever, as Wymondham won 10-3 and banishing memories of their opening day 7 goal defeat!
Ooh my, used to play against "That lot" at Kings Head Meadow many a times in the 80's and early 90's, Center circle was always a mud bath

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:47 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Ooh my, used to play against "That lot" at Kings Head Meadow many a times in the 80's and early 90's, Center circle was always a mud bath
Who did you play for? Probably seen you playing there, as i started watching them late 80s. Must admit KHM always used to be an awful pitch, with a huge dip in the middle.it is a better surface nowadays, albeit a very narrow pitch.
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:48 pm

Thanks for posting brief highlights there, Hallam. Bishops goal for me was the best. Great composure and slotted away B E A utifully!

And what a ball by Chambers for the 4th. If that was Lahm for Germany, we'd be talking about it for years.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:49 pm

Just watched the highlights on Sky, wow I can’t remember Ipswich looking more composed in front of goal. Just four shots on target and four goals scored that must be a recent record, and Luke Chambers opening goal must surely be his best ever in a Town shirt, can anyone think of a better one from our Captain. Two well taken goals from Gwion Edwards, either side of Teddy Bishops making it 0-3 just before HT, shame Edwards couldn’t have scored first to help me with 5 desperately needed prediction league points. Edwards second goal, Town’s fourth, what a brilliant long ball pass from Chambers, one that even Steven Gerrard would have been proud of, so good to see Town running riot in front of goal. Shame we didn’t keep a clean sheet but to me Holy looked marginally suspect with that one, it happened so quick I may me doing him an injustice, but I’ll take another look later.

Back to “Top of the League”, that’s good enough for me. I just hope the season gets finished before Covid takes hold and wrecks it for us.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:51 pm

Thank the sweet mother of Jaysus these teams are not in the higher leagues. What a mouthful for the Grandstand results guy.

Wyndmondam Town 2 Kings Head Meadow 2

(Made it a draw, guys......., high 5's all round)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:54 pm

Just checked the National League results. Kings Lynn Town are in there? Only TWO leagues below Ipswich??? FFS Lambo, keep these results going and get ITFC the feck outta here!

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:58 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:47 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:
Who did you play for? Probably seen you playing there, as i started watching them late 80s. Must admit KHM always used to be an awful pitch, with a huge dip in the middle.it is a better surface nowadays, albeit a very narrow pitch.
Spells at Newton Flotman, East Harling and Attleborough. Yes the pitch had huge hollow. Was either too hard with loads of stones coming through the surface or like a mud bath

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:08 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
And all without Garbutt

Bristol Rovers did us a a favour also, not bad for a team who were slated when playing us. Chambers not doing too badly either.

All in all pleasing day
Exactly, we beat nobody and yet these nobody's keep beating so called contenders.

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:10 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:49 pm
Just watched the highlights on Sky, wow I can’t remember Ipswich looking more composed in front of goal. Just four shots on target and four goals scored that must be a recent record, and Luke Chambers opening goal must surely be his best ever in a Town shirt, can anyone think of a better one from our Captain. Two well taken goals from Gwion Edwards, either side of Teddy Bishops making it 0-3 just before HT, shame Edwards couldn’t have scored first to help me with 5 desperately needed prediction league points. Edwards second goal, Town’s fourth, what a brilliant long ball pass from Chambers, one that even Steven Gerrard would have been proud of, so good to see Town running riot in front of goal. Shame we didn’t keep a clean sheet but to me Holy looked marginally suspect with that one, it happened so quick I may me doing him an injustice, but I’ll take another look later.

Back to “Top of the League”, that’s good enough for me. I just hope the season gets finished before Covid takes hold and wrecks it for us.
Well hopefully by then we will be high and dry from others around us

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:15 pm

I thought Edwards was superb today, MOTM by a distance, decent efforts from the whole team with Kenlock, Judge, Nsiala and Bishop all doing well.

I thought Jackson looked much better as a threat than Hawkins tbh and when match fit will be an asset.

When you look at no KVY, Ward, Nolan, Downes, Norwood, Drinan, Skuse, etc etc we really should be up there this time around.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:08 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:
And all without Garbutt

All in all pleasing day
Exactly, we beat nobody and yet these nobody's keep beating so called contenders.
Would Garbutt actually fitted into this Ipswich team? I don't think he would just of walked in.
Yes Mike strange how Rovers after going behind turned it around. Long way to go so they could still drop down

Chambers pass for Edwards 2nd goal. If that was anybody else some members would be raving. Great away performance by all, long may it continue

Bishop's curling strike was subline, no panic, cool as ice and so great to see

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:23 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:58 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:47 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:

Spells at Newton Flotman, East Harling and Attleborough. Yes the pitch had huge hollow. Was either too hard with loads of stones coming through the surface or like a mud bath
Were you fortunate enough to play alongside (the) Clive Woods when he played for Newton Flotman in his later years? Ah, Attleborough, and hence the "that lot" comment 😂.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:32 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:08 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:
And all without Garbutt

All in all pleasing day
Would Garbutt actually fitted into this Ipswich team? I don't think he would just of walked in.
Yes Mike strange how Rovers after going behind turned it around. Long way to go so they could still drop down

Chambers pass for Edwards 2nd goal. If that was anybody else some members would be raving. Great away performance by all, long may it continue

Bishop's curling strike was subline, no panic, cool as ice and so great to see
Chambers ball was a dream and Edwards take to bring it down was sublime, strange as it may sound I thought we were nothing more than ok today but won at a canter, it augers well, I just feel it is so so different this season, albeit early days.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:14 pm

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Chambers has been very good at right back-best I have seen him play. Toto excellent bar the 1 or 2 aberrant passes. Kenlock just about OK but did lose the ball/ man on a few occasions. Huws was particularly poor today. Nolan a much better fit at the moment Great result😊😊

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm

Chambers performances have gone under the radar a bit but yes he has done very well and chipped in with Two goals already

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:14 pm
Chambers performances have gone under the radar a bit but yes he has done very well and chipped in with Two goals already
He has been excellent this season. Getting forward has never been part of his game but he has adapted superbly. At his age i didn't think he could do it but he's hardly put a foot wrong.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:18 pm
What a great away win in donkey-land. Predicted that wrong ---> no change there. Even predicted "no scorer" in the Prediction League. :lol:

Brilliant to hear that Edwards not only scored twice but assisted and basically had an all round great game. Never slated that laddie because you can see he has a bit of class about him. It was the fannies in charge who were playing him in the wrong positions over the months last season. Very good player.

And Mike, ......, hmmmm, The Loons on Tuesday? Struggled against Cove today..... were even 1-0 down at HT but thankfully got a couple after the break. And it was a strong Hibs side. All sounded very lethargic on Hibs radio , but hoping their fingers are out for Station Road come Tuesday. I think it'll be a decent game. Won't predict!
Marko, you should walk it but you just never know, I would prefer we had played a game but at least we are fresh lol. I think it will be 3 or 4 nil to the Hibees.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:22 pm

So pleased we arranged today’s match at Blackpool which could so easily not have happened leaving us with a free weekend and a loss of momentum. If the League Table is anything to go by our next match v Accrington Stanley at Portman Road will be our toughest test so far but today’s game will have been great preparation and a good confidence boost.

If we can repeat today’s performance bring em on.

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:14 am

Only 5 games in and the squad is already been put to the test. Both first choice full backs been missing. In form Nolan injured, Downes out Only two fit strikers. We can’t afford anymore injuries if we are to maintain momentum. Unlike many other clubs We are fortunate to have the numbers that hopefully will keep us in the mix all season.