Retrospective red card ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Retrospective red card ?

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:30 am

I see Liverpool’s Van Dyke is now probably out for the season (ACL surgery) following that horrendous “tackle” By Jordan Pickford.

Anyone else feel he should be red carded for that challenge retrospectively? I cant believe the officials chose to ignore it on VAR, unbelievable really!

Thoughts guys ?

Steve and Jo

Re: Retrospective red card ?

Post by Steve and Jo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

Totally unbelievable

Don't need VAR for this, whether Van Dyke was off side or not Jordan Pickford should of been sent OFF!!!

What's more VAR did not, chose not or whatever to see to see this, yet it can see an offside when the Liverpool player was actually onside near end of the game.

It's a total joke. I thought VAR was there to see a clear mistakes or intervene when the officials on the pitch missed an incitant, what are they thinking? So can put lines up and take ages to see an offside, differ, scratch there heads and still get it WRONG, yet a terrible lunging tackle goes unpunished. Yes Van Dyke was offside but the laws of the game still says action could and should of been taken against Pickford, like it did for the Everton player being sent off right at the end of the game. I hope Oliver the referee, the two assistants, the forth official and whoever was looking at that screen are ashamed of themselves. This season VAR and all around it is totally killing the game. Imagine if there were fans in the stadiums this season and with the controversial decisions VAR controllers have made, stupid handballs etc..

For me it's not VAR that is totally the issue here, but the dickhead controlling it

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:04 am

I've said from day one VAR is a total joke and ruining the game, this abhorrent c*ck up pretty much sums it up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:23 am

The technology is not a joke in my opinion, but they way it’s used by humans. Common sense should prevail.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 am

Could feel the anger in that post Steve & Jo..... and in complete agreement with every part of it. Very nasty and completely intentional challenge on VVD.

Next Mersey derby..... wouldn’t be shocked to see a Liverpool player perform a King Roy C*nt style vengeance attack on Pickford. Wouldn’t be right, (of course not, violence is never a solution) .....but wouldn’t be surprised.

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:07 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:23 am
The technology is not a joke in my opinion, but they way it’s used by humans. Common sense should prevail.
Agree completely.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:31 pm

Andym wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:07 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Agree completely.
Agreed x2

You see it very (very very) successfully employed in other sports, football is just so badly run, it's really quite staggering.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm

Then why couldn't common sense prevail with a Ref and Two linesman as it has for 150 years instead of this Americanised bullshit messing the game up.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:55 pm

The players themselves should take part blame for the incredibly shyte VAR being in the game. Their simulation needed dealt with. I'm not sure VAR is helping in that area though.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:11 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Totally agree and why i said "For me it's not VAR that is totally the issue here, but the dickhead controlling it"

What common sense? i think that's all gone out when they started drawing nice lines on the screen. For me Offside can only be given by VAR if there's clear space between blue and red line. There was none for the Liverpool game. In fact the system showed he was onside yet the idiot choose offside!!

Whether its ref on the field or a bloke off the field looking at a screen it comes down to their opinions

What's the difference between not sending Pickford off to sending the Everton player off towards the end of the game? Both incidents happened after the ref blew up for prior foul. Crazy and will we get answers from the so called know it all powers to be who obviously know far more than us poor mortals?
Doesn't help Van Dyke, really wish him a speedy recovery

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:27 pm

Van Dyke, what a d*ck.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:59 pm

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:48 pm
Then why couldn't common sense prevail with a Ref and Two linesman as it has for 150 years instead of this Americanised bullshit messing the game up.
American Lives Matter! :lol:

I still don't understand why a decision can't be retro. Yes, there's an explanation but it sounds like bollocks to me...if the ref saw it we don't want to re-referee. Re-referee sounds like that free stream of p*ss that always runs down your leg after thinking you've finished!

I don't think technology is the issue; it's the policies that are written by humans.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:48 pm
I don't think technology is the issue....
Sounds like your prostate is the issue, 9!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:48 pm
I don't think technology is the issue....
Sounds like your prostate is the issue, 9!
Probably! :roll:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
100% Liz, all the issues with VAR relate to poor interpretation of the rules, the same applied to Jordan Henderson’s late winner being ruled offside. Whatever happened to the rule, level is onside.
Back to the original post, Pickford should definitely have been given a retrospective red card as there should be no acceptance of tackles like that in the modern game.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:23 pm

Yep I'm in agreement with that also. It's taped, it's tantamount to assault and I see no reason why violence that has not been properly punished by the referee shouldn't be punished later (with the ref's agreement of course).