Paul Mariner

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Paul Mariner

Post by Bluemike » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Blues legend Paul Mariner says he’s “fighting” and has “incredible people looking after [him]” having undergone serious surgery.

Mariner’s Town strike partner Alan Brazil revealed on talkSPORT late last week that the 67-year-old had had a major operation, understood to have been to remove a brain tumour.

The England frontman (pictured above with team-mate Terry Butcher on his most recent visit to Portman Road in December last year), widely viewed as the greatest in the Blues' history, subsequently received messages of support from fans of all his clubs, Chorley, Plymouth, Town, Arsenal and Portsmouth, on social media and responded to one from the Talking Town podcast earlier this morning.
My thoughts are with Paul and his family for a full and speedy recovery, one of our all time greats.

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Paul Mariner

Post by marko69 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Bloody hell, another injection of perspective. :shock:

Get well soon, Paul Mariner (legend) and well wishes to you and all the family.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Read the article on the EADT. Hoping Mariner makes a full recovery and has many years left to offer. Recall being sold to Arsenal many years back, if he had stayed on the club may have avoided relegation in '86 but what's done is done. Get well soon, best to the family et cetera.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:13 am

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Paul Mariner. Watching you playing up front for Town was so exciting and legendary. As Marko said it certainly puts life into perspective.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:36 pm

where is PM having this treatment ? USA or UK ? I ask because I thought he lived in the States.

My Uni friend had a Brain Tumor diagnosed 10 years ago, and has been under "treatment" ever since. Its a barsteward , and now with CovId her treatment has been halted for a year. This could be literally life or death for her.

Get well Paul ...and more to the point SURVIVE ...(and to my friend Gill too)