Crawley Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread - Papa John's Trophy

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

The battle of the Towns

C-Town Win
56%
I-Town Win
44%
Penalties
No votes

Total votes: 9

Steve and Jo

Re: Crawley Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread - Papa John's Trophy

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:15 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:57 am
Tangfastics post was purely aimed at Paul Lambert, Steve & Jo. He’s using the apathy amongst fans at the moment to get his point across. All cool 👍

Think you had the classic “Key & Peele” moment there good buddy! :lol:

https://youtu.be/naleynXS7yo
ooh Marko, you really think i will spend time looking for pesky stinging nettle to whip myself? All good here and hey, i thought the gramma i used was close to being as good as another well known poster on here

Far as Lambert is concerned he can do no right. If he played few of the experience players and one or more got injured he would be condemned. Now he's condemned for playing the kids. Only way he would of been right if those kids had won

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:48 am
I do so humbly and sincerely apologise to post a comment on a previous post in this thread regarding injuries. I shall slap my wrists and of course endeavour to seek out any existing stinging nettles i can find and whip myself accordingly.

Far as the game itself i really do not know what people expect. It's a nothing game. Sure could of played few more experience players and run the risk of further injuries or just play the kids
Woah... I wasn’t commenting on your post. It was interesting about the injuries.... so appreciate you bringing it up. I was just making the comment that it must have been a nothing game because none of us mentioned it. That’s a pity as every game however pointless should throw up some thing to comment on.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:17 pm

I was meaning is there a point of a match thread on games in this cup, no issue at all with the posts that have been posted on it at all, as Tang said, no discussion on the game says it all, however my take on it was that I completely agree with the way Lambert went about the game, I don't really feel he took the p*ss out of me, others will disagree and that is absolutely their right.

I do think Steve and Jo are right in that if we had played some fringe players and they got injured all hell would break loose. Let's be honest prior to kick off everyone was saying they couldn't give a rats arse about the game, the result or the competition so why should Lambert feel any different, aside of course from being professional, but should we achieve promotion he will have been very professional where ITFC are concerned.

For what it is worth I thought Andoh looked very good while the Two subs Brown and Manley impressed me too, I think Gibbs had something about him too.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:08 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:57 am
Tangfastics post was purely aimed at Paul Lambert, Steve & Jo. He’s using the apathy amongst fans at the moment to get his point across. All cool 👍

Think you had the classic “Key & Peele” moment there good buddy! :lol:

https://youtu.be/naleynXS7yo
Haha love me some Key & Peele!

https://youtu.be/5LGEiIL1__s

Oh yeah, the football match...we were crap! :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:42 pm

But that's the thing, we weren't crap, just very young and inexperienced, the boys did ok.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:42 pm
But that's the thing, we weren't crap, just very young and inexperienced, the boys did ok.
I was just joking, mate. I'm completely behind Lambert's decision to play the young ones. We need to focus on the league obviously. I'm a bit disappointed Bennetts hasn't shown up...he looks quite good in his highlights reel.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Just want to say i taken no offence at all. I like reading and maybe i was bantering a teeny weeny bit, but honestly i meant no offence.

Just repeating i agree with Mike here. Lambert is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. I do feel some just will moan at PL for anything

Its great they have time now on the training pitch and hopefully more players coming back from injury

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:50 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 pm
I do feel some just will moan at PL for anything.
Hold my hand up to moaning about Lambert. Guilty as charged. But nothing about football. He’ll know more about football even if I lived to 468 years old. (That’d be one smelly old pishy pants bstd though)

Just his press conferences. They were actually ok when he took over from Paul (the ball is burst) Hurst.
But it’s like he’s been given a vaccine with a Sir Alex side effect. He’s just become so full of shyte, I can’t watch him anymore.

I find myself watching a Paul Lambert presser, getting irritated, then shouting , “WHO LOADED THIS DISHWASHER WRONG! COME ON. OWN UP!”

Dad, lay off the PL pressers, FFS!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:21 pm

Lol .....just out of interest marko, can you actually understand what Lambo says in his interviews, coz I’m damned if can. I don’t think it’s all to do with his accent either, he seems to mumble , and roll all into one, his words.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:30 pm

number 9 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:53 pm
Bluemike wrote:
I was just joking, mate. I'm completely behind Lambert's decision to play the young ones. We need to focus on the league obviously. I'm a bit disappointed Bennetts hasn't shown up...he looks quite good in his highlights reel.
The problem with highlights reels are they can often make anybody look good.
I mean you might have been able to make a case that Graham Harbey was a decent full back if YouTube had been around then. Ok maybe not!😂

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:21 pm
Lol .....just out of interest marko, can you actually understand what Lambo says in his interviews, coz I’m damned if can. I don’t think it’s all to do with his accent either, he seems to mumble , and roll all into one, his words.
You should embrace that, Hallam. Thank the Most High that you do not know what he’s on about.

Unfortunately, I can understand every wind & pish word. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 pm

number 9 wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Sorry, missed the humour on this occasion, I'm glad you also agree with his selection policy on this occasion. As for Bennetts, I am yet to see anything in him, he tries the fancy stuff but it never comes off, I'm not overly impressed so far.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:34 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 pm
number 9 wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Sorry, missed the humour on this occasion, I'm glad you also agree with his selection policy on this occasion. As for Bennetts, I am yet to see anything in him, he tries the fancy stuff but it never comes off, I'm not overly impressed so far.

Bennetts could of been in hot water. I thought pressing your forehead onto another players was sending off offense.. Saying that, risking going back to refereeing standards. The Ref was right there and still didn't give a pen for handball!!.. Seriously it looked a pen to me

Can't say i noticed you always moaning at PL Marko.. :wink: Just whistling

TODD66
Posting Game Moderator

Post by TODD66 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:34 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm
It is about common sense. If a player is injured then they don't play. They have a whole medical team and evidenced based practice behind their rehab these days, not as was righty pointed out the steroid jab (all Clubs used that approach). The "physios" weren't even qualified / chartered Physiotherapists.

So, with all the weight of medical science behind training, medical interventions and follow up rehab, you have to ask the question why does this Club still appear to get it so wrong ?

...and Todd, you forgot dementia ( from heading a cast iron, brick of a ball back in the day) :wink:
And I shouldn't have done really as this what eventually did for my uncle who earned an honest crust playing centre half for Shrewsbury in the 60's and 70's.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:42 pm

Do you know what strikes me Todd. Is the number of professional footballers ( playing the game in the 1970’s actually don’t seem to fair very well medically in older age and often seem to die before the supposed national average, usually in their early 70’s or younger. I don’t think that generation of professional footballer tended to look after themselves so much as the modern player, who are backed to the hilt by medical teams / science. Not sure which era of game I prefer tbh the modern , fast paced , minimalt game played on a bowling green vs the blood n guts blood bath , played on pitches resembling a ploughed field lol :lol: