Scotland win

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Scotland win

Post by hallamblue » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:25 pm

Weyhey, a happy ( likely soon to be pissed) marko ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘
Well played ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

Shed on tour

Re: Scotland win

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:48 pm

Hallam
Yep Friday 18th June 2021 should be interesting as I sit there watching the game with my ticket in my hands as the game is played behind closed doors.
Well done the jocks for qualifying.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 am

Iโ€™ve put the date in my diary Shed ๐Ÿ‘ :D

As soon as I ever hear this fixture mentioned my mind zips back to that 5-0? Win decades ago , when the Scottish fans invaded the pitch - one sat in top of the crossbar in one of the goals lol . TWTD !!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:23 am

hallam
Having paid for my ticket for the game last February I'm hoping I will finally get the chance to attend it. :lol:
As it will be my last tournament following England it would be great to have the opportunity to be at another England/Scotland fixture. Was never going to the 2022 World Cup. Having attended the World Cup in Germany in 2006 I have no doubt that when they host Euro 2024 it will be a fantastic event but by then I will be quite happy to watch it on a beach somewhere.
Have to say following England home and away for the past 20 years has been a great adventure and I have made many friends from other clubs, dare I say even with some of that lot up the A140. :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:26 am

Says it all when Marshall didn't even know they'd won!!
:lol: :lol:

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:48 am

Bluemike wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:26 am
Says it all when Marshall didn't even know they'd won!!
:lol: :lol:
I'm sure he thought the ref was going to say it had to be retaken as he might had moved off his line.
Good job the group games aren't decided on penalties as the way the Jocks have been taking them in their last two shootouts England wouldn't stand a chance. The way they have been putting them away I reckon they have been playing some Germans in disguise. :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:55 pm

hallamblue wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:27 am

As soon as I ever hear this fixture mentioned my mind zips back to that 5-0? Win decades ago , when the Scottish fans invaded the pitch - one sat in top of the crossbar in one of the goals lol . TWTD !!
Wasn't that 1977 and Scots won 2 - 1. Would never be allowed today, it reached cult status over time.

Didn't know they had been involved in a game last night let alone qualified for a major tournament. Not really interested in international "football" but well done for getting there. Keaton and Harold Lloyd must have been making movies last time they participated in a World / Euro competition.

Wish them well, Wales got to the semi-finals last time out so all things are possible. Scots are something of an enigma on the World stage, how can a team over time that has assembled names like John White, Dalglish, Law, Baxter, Willie Henderson, MacKay, Souness et cetera not ventured beyond first round of a knockout competition. You beat Netherlands eventual Finalists and f*ck up against Peru and Iran for example. No need for reference have assembled a comprehensive knowledge of past history and "accomplishments".

Do they play the English in next years tournament ? It's been mentioned here and there but would never have known until viewing it. Hope they win that one, seriously, for all past failures and disappointments they deserve something back.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:08 pm

Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:25 pm
๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ What a night Hallam, and big kiss to you for the thread. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

My English nephew on text last night.
โ€œUncle Mark, why is my mum so excited? Youโ€™ll be knocked out and humiliated first round.โ€

Never liked that wee Winchester b*stard.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:10 pm

saint jude wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Wasn't that 1977 and Scots won 2 - 1. Would never be allowed today, it reached cult status over time.

Didn't know they had been involved in a game last night let alone qualified for a major tournament. Not really interested in international "football" but well done for getting there. Keaton and Harold Lloyd must have been making movies last time they participated in a World / Euro competition.

Wish them well, Wales got to the semi-finals last time out so all things are possible. Scots are something of an enigma on the World stage, how can a team over time that has assembled names like John White, Dalglish, Law, Baxter, Willie Henderson, MacKay, Souness et cetera not ventured beyond first round of a knockout competition. You beat Netherlands eventual Finalists and f*ck up against Peru and Iran for example. No need for reference have assembled a comprehensive knowledge of past history and "accomplishments".

Do they play the English in next years tournament ? It's been mentioned here and there but would never have known until viewing it. Hope they win that one, seriously, for all past failures and disappointments they deserve something back.
Yep, the Iran game is a thorn in the side. How the 78 team (only home nation in Argentina) drew that game is beyond comprehension. But...... Archieโ€™s goal v Holland. Worth it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Archie Gemmill skipping through to Bury "that goal" is one of my all time World Cup highlights

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:26 pm

marko69 wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:08 pm
๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ What a night Hallam, and big kiss to you for the thread. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

โ€œUncle Mark, why is my mum so excited? Youโ€™ll be knocked out and humiliated first round.โ€

ha ha Im SO pleased for you marko, I really am. Reckon we should meet up for a drink in Wembley Way before the game!lol

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:27 pm

saint jude wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Actually Saint , I think now you might right . Time does scramble the brains a little.... :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:57 pm

Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:26 pm
marko69 wrote: โ†‘
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:08 pm

ha ha Im SO pleased for you marko, I really am. Reckon we should meet up for a drink in Wembley Way before the game!lol
Sounds like a plan, Hallam. My son has already said he wants to watch the game in Trafalgar Square! :shock: (We wouldn't be able to get tickets even if crowds were allowed in)
But as long as there is plenty omeprazole, a few bevvies would be good. :D

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:30 pm

Youโ€™ll never believe it Marko but Iโ€™ve only been to two England v Scotland games in my life and Scotland won both times. My first was my first ever visit to Wembley in 1967 and it was Englandโ€™s first defeat after winning the World Cup, Result 2-3 to Scotland, with four of the five goals coming in the last 10 mins. Scotland were never behind after Denis Law scored midway in the first half. England fielded 10 of the team that won the World Cup with Roger Hunt making way for Jimmy Greaves.
My second game was the famous Scotland 1-2 victory ten years later in 1977 when England fielded two Town players Mick Mills & Brian Talbot who I went to school with.
As best I recall Scottish fans invaded the Wembley pitch after both games not just the 77 game when they broke the crossbar.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:06 am

Well youโ€™re definitely banned from the summer game then Andy !!!! :lol:

Ando

Post by Ando » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:36 am

The only thing Scotland will bring to the Euros is 3 points to England๐Ÿ˜‚.

Letโ€™s be honest it was harder not to qualify.