Lambo's Job safe

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Lambo's Job safe

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:30 pm

Town general manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says owner Marcus Evans has no plans to make a managerial change despite being aware of fans’ frustrations regarding performances and results under boss Paul Lambert.

The Blues have lost seven of their last 10 in all competitions and five of their last eight in League One, dropping to sixth in the table ahead of tonight's game at Oxford United as a result.

Speaking to BBC Radio Suffolk as part of a longer interview being broadcast at 6pm this evening, O’Neill said owner Evans is well aware of supporters' concerns.

“He understands their frustration, obviously I communicate with him,” he said.

“He can hear and see things and see what’s around him and even though the supporters aren’t at the stadium there are ways that they have voiced their opinions.

“He’s aware of that and fully supportive in trying to help the football club get back to the better times.”
Oh well, League One it is then...

Andym

Re: Lambo's Job safe

Post by Andym » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:50 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:08 pm

A very good but sobering article, Evans really has to act and act now, never wanted us to lose a game, never ever, but tonite...... just maybe its best in the long term.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Well if it’s reached national news level that’s pretty embarrassing for Evans.

There’s more and more dissatisfaction building - somethings got to happen.

It’s pretty ironic that Covid has cost many people their jobs and livelihoods, yet it’s probably kept Lambert in his job. And he’s even using Covid as an excuse for the injuries and, hence, the poor form.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:08 pm

In the end, though, Evans is the only person who can begin arresting Ipswich’s decline. They are in deep trouble and are running out of chances to wake up and put things right. Anyone choosing to take the club off his hands could still peruse an inviting prospectus: a rich history, a genuinely excellent academy and, more importantly than ever, one of the most progressive women’s setups in the country.
Oh well, at least we're top of the league as far as women go. :roll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:43 pm

I’ve had enough of the whole bloody lot of them at this Club now tbh. I just wish Evans would accept an offer and p*ss off, taking Lambert and his back room staff with him.

Absolutely NO manager will succeed at this Club under Evans ownership, (despite him saving us from going under 15 years ago). We will be League One next season and probably League Two the season after as the wage cap will wipe out any supposed advantage we currently have .

Such totally depressing times ......

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Thread title is not good reading.

Bad timing really because Paul Hurst is turning things around at Cunthorpe. Could’ve lured him back.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Bad timing really because Paul Hurst is turning things around at Cunthorpe. Could’ve lured him back.
Taking the p*ss right?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:33 am

Sorry Ando....... horrendous typo, meant Scunthorpe.

Seriously though, going to places like Harrogate and putting 5 past them? He needs to be taken very seriously as a candidate.

Shouldn’t joke really. Going to places like Harrogate could be a reality in the coming years. 🤦‍♂️

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:56 am

Well, where do we go from here?

After another uninspiring performance last night our manager is secure in his job while his team are playing dire football. And guess what, it's the fans fault. Trying to play Premier League football with Div1 players is definitely not working, but that seems to be beyond Lambert's mental capability of understanding.

I originally thought that when he signed Hawkins we were in for some good old-fashioned punts up the middle & wingers going to the byline and knocking some decent crosses in for the big man to lay-off. Old fashioned I know, but I would rather see that than this tippy tappy sideways passing at the back with no end product.

We have been sussed, as has been said by others & our manager seems to have no alternative.

Never mind, it's comforting to know that at least his job is safe in these Covid ridden times. tw*t.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:31 am

I get the feeling Evans is waiting to reach that potential “ trigger point” clause in Lamberts contract. Which will probably be..
.” need to be in the top 6 at Christmas “. If we are not then Evans may have a great out of jail clause. We’ll see.

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:31 am
I get the feeling Evans is waiting to reach that potential “ trigger point” clause in Lamberts contract. Which will probably be..
.” need to be in the top 6 at Christmas “. If we are not then Evans may have a great out of jail clause. We’ll see.
I think this is probably right Liz

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:30 pm

I can’t imagine for one minute Marcus Evans wanting to get into a compensation payout situation given his potential business losses during Covid 19 and may prefer to sit it out in the hope that Paul Lambert walks but this could be a long wait. Mr Evans may well be regretting extending PL’s contract to 2025 at the start of the year which at the time looked a risky and potentially expensive decision. Hopefully he included some under performing break clauses to protect both himself and the football club but given our current position in the table these could be some way away from being triggered.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Hi just reading through a few posts and noticed this. Paul Hurst was sacked by Scunthorpe back in January, just thought i would let you know.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:09 pm

Hahaha! I googled a page and it said “current team” Scunthorpe. Just went back and it’s dated August 2019!

Wow. That guy fell from a high height after Shrewsbury.

Ok....... who’s at the Cunty Thorpes? If Lambos face trips even more......, get that guy.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:17 pm

It isn’t going to happen in a million years is it !

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... ith-celtic

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 pm

Telling you right now......., Lambert WILL NOT be an upgrade on Neil Lennon. Absolutely no chance.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:37 pm

:lol: WE know that , but do the Celts ?..

I know one thing though, if Lambert feels he has half a chance of getting that job he WILL walk away from Town. He has history of doing that ( Col U, Scum ....Villa?)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:42 pm

I mean at ANY club.

Lennon to Ipswich? You guys may not like that...., but i'd take that!

But..... too blue for lenny.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:31 pm

Lol yer I get that marko !

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:28 am

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:37 pm
:lol: WE know that , but do the Celts ?..

I know one thing though, if Lambert feels he has half a chance of getting that job he WILL walk away from Town. He has history of doing that ( Col U, Scum ....Villa?)
You forgot to add Blackburn to the list ? Lambert would most likely leap at the chance to go back to East Glasgow but f*ck that, I don't want him returning there, not in a managerial capacity. Fans would be jumping in the Clyde with concrete shoes, hell no.

Let's be real here no team in England outside the top two divisions would hire him (today) if available, unless they're masochists or just plain stupid.
Only leaves this league and L2, sure you got the Conference or whatever it is now but can't see Lambert falling away that far to re-enter the job if or when his time here is terminated.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:55 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:42 pm
I mean at ANY club.

Lennon to Ipswich? You guys may not like that...., but i'd take that!

But..... too blue for lenny.
I’d take Neil Lennon any day in preference to Paul Lambert but it would be such a huge step down it’s almost impossible to even think of ever happening.

I used to watch him regularly playing for Leicester City and he was a driving force in the team and so inspirational.

My only concern is his issues with depression, not sure how he would cope with that working at Portman Road with Marcus Evans.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:20 am

We all have to deal with under Evans so why shouldn't Lennon lol.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:45 pm

ONLY from a fan base standpoint is Ipswich a 100% step down (circa 55K packed into Parkhead) ..., but from a managing a football club on the field standpoint ——> not even close to a step down.

Only The Sevco are consistent challengers and maybe Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts (when in the top league) will give them a scare.

I see the Ipswich Town job as being a major step UP in footballing terms for Lennon should the conversation ever arise, which it won’t.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:32 pm

Lol they don’t like Lambert up in Green & white half of Glasgow
do they 😂

https://thecelticblog.com/2020/12/blogs ... mpredirect

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Highly illiterate piece of writing there, Hallam ——> must be real. Only a Celtic fan could do this. :lol:
JOKING, Saint!
no I’m not

Didn’t realise Lambert had sympathetic thoughts for the now expired Rangers F.C. though. Wow! :shock: