Andre Dozzell signs new 3 year contract

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Andre Dozzell signs new 3 year contract

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:11 pm

Now while I wholly welcome this news , the cynic in me says ,” oh well we can now command a decent League One level price for him when leaves ( along with Downes) in the summer !

Ipswich Town FC
@IpswichTown
·
28m
🗣 “I’ve been at the Club since I was 8-years-old, I’ve always been here, my dad played here.”

Andre Dozzell spoke to iFollow Ipswich after becoming the latest homegrown Blue to sign a new long term contract.

Andym

Re: Andre Dozzell signs new 3 year contract

Post by Andym » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:36 pm

I think you're right. But it's better than losing him for peanuts in January or nothing in the summer.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:53 pm

True. It’s just us ( Evans) all over isn’t it . Finding it very difficult to find anything positive about the Club atm

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:31 pm

I'm shocked I was sure he would be off in the summer especially as I didn't think we would be able to give him a good enough contract, this is very good news.👍

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:39 am

I’m sure Evans said, “Andre I’m gonna give you an offer you can’t refuse. If you don’t sign you’ll be swimming with the fishes.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 am

Whether he goes or not this can only be good news, let's not knock the club with everything as it can become destructive and makes Lambert’s comments about the fans correct.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:13 am

Well that is great news, well done itfc. Its ok saying its so we can get more money for him if he is on a longer contrat BUT look at it this way.
Andre didnt have to sign that contract. If he really wanted away from itfc then the simple thing to do would run this one down. Maybe, just maybe this is the first green shoot of the marcus plan to start building a team around our own youngsters. Supporters have been crying out for the youth players to get more game time since MM. We are now seeing them slowly get more minutes, dobra, lankaster, drinnan, bishop , downs, woolfenden and mcgavin are all getting a chance. ( and el miz on loan getting more experience) If they can prove themselves and get into the team it would be something great to build on .
Is this the plan?? Is this the reason for Evans saying he is pleased with the things we dont see on a daily basis and the reason for Lamberts frustration with the media and fans, the fact that maybe we need to be more patient and allow something to develope at itfc. If you think about it, everything else is in place for this to work, the acadamy which by all accounts is a good one and klug and dyer working with the youth players. we have been unlucky in the injuries forcing these youngsters to play too much too soon rather than getting 20-30 mins from the bench.
I know people will shoot me down and say its evans way of trying to keep fans happy at the moment by giving him a 3 year contract and maybe you are right, i just feel on reflection and out of frustration fans ( including myself) may be over reating at the moment. We did well when we didnt have all of these injuries and no matter what league we are in, that many forced changes will affect any team especially when throwing in youth players who really could do with easing into the squad rather than the deep end. Its been a very long decline and i know how frustrated we all are, but maybe , not this season but next, we may start getting a team of good young players who will have the experience to build something. Who knows, we still have plenty of time this season to get the results we need, as lambert rightly says, we are still 5th in the league with almost one arm tied behind our backs. Even with a bad run this month, come january with players returning i dont think we would have slipped far enough down the table not to push on again and go for promotion. Evans and Lambert are going nowhere, so as hard as it is at this time , maybe its time to continue to give our much tried and tested support to the players that we do have available, not start calling for heads.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:21 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 am
Whether he goes or not this can only be good news, let's not knock the club with everything as it can become destructive and makes Lambert’s comments about the fans correct.
I agree. Let's enjoy this positive news and not look a gift horse in the mouth, afterall (for whatever happens in the future) this surely is a gift to the club!
I deliberately chose not to comment on Marcus Evans' statement, for while i can see many reasons for shooting it down in flames, i want to look for positives in these miserable times. ME does indeed have "all" the facts and perhaps he feels that it is best to stay as we are. This could have been made purely from a financial point of view, and that is his right. .
For me, NO owner is going to keep a manager in place who he/she sees as failing. ME will know when to bring that curtain down on PL, for all we know he could already be looking for potential replacements, but whatever he does he is hardly going to come out and announce it.

Going back to Andre, i thank him for doing something which benefits the club. His big(ger) pay day WILL come, probably sooner than later, but let's enjoy his talents while we have them.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:21 am

Very well said Itno1, I must admit my head is all over the place with Lambert and co right now and on Tuesday I had had enough, Evans statement did nothing to lift me but you could well have a point about us all being fed up and over reacting and there is zero doubt we have got to Fifth with one hand tied behind our backs, One thing is certain, if things were that bad behind the scenes Dozzell would One Hundred percent not be signing that contract. Right now I am about as mixed up and confused with ITFC as I have ever been in my life, love them to bits one minute, hate them with a passion the next.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:13 am
Well that is great news, well done itfc. Its ok saying its so we can get more money for him if he is on a longer contrat BUT look at it this way.
Andre didnt have to sign that contract. If he really wanted away from itfc then the simple thing to do would run this one down. Maybe, just maybe this is the first green shoot of the marcus plan to start building a team around our own youngsters. Supporters have been crying out for the youth players to get more game time since MM. We are now seeing them slowly get more minutes, dobra, lankaster, drinnan, bishop , downs, woolfenden and mcgavin are all getting a chance. ( and el miz on loan getting more experience) If they can prove themselves and get into the team it would be something great to build on .
Is this the plan?? Is this the reason for Evans saying he is pleased with the things we dont see on a daily basis and the reason for Lamberts frustration with the media and fans, the fact that maybe we need to be more patient and allow something to develope at itfc. If you think about it, everything else is in place for this to work, the acadamy which by all accounts is a good one and klug and dyer working with the youth players. we have been unlucky in the injuries forcing these youngsters to play too much too soon rather than getting 20-30 mins from the bench.
I know people will shoot me down and say its evans way of trying to keep fans happy at the moment by giving him a 3 year contract and maybe you are right, i just feel on reflection and out of frustration fans ( including myself) may be over reating at the moment. We did well when we didnt have all of these injuries and no matter what league we are in, that many forced changes will affect any team especially when throwing in youth players who really could do with easing into the squad rather than the deep end. Its been a very long decline and i know how frustrated we all are, but maybe , not this season but next, we may start getting a team of good young players who will have the experience to build something. Who knows, we still have plenty of time this season to get the results we need, as lambert rightly says, we are still 5th in the league with almost one arm tied behind our backs. Even with a bad run this month, come january with players returning i dont think we would have slipped far enough down the table not to push on again and go for promotion. Evans and Lambert are going nowhere, so as hard as it is at this time , maybe its time to continue to give our much tried and tested support to the players that we do have available, not start calling for heads.
Thank you for this great post. It says a lot of what i wanted to say. I composed my earlier comments before seeing this post (posting shortly after). It is frustrating being a Town fan, we all want the best (with varying thresholds on what is acceptable), but sadly it feels like these frustrations appear to have our opinions in more of a minority than ever before.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:35 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 am
I agree. I'm certainly not knocking it. We all know contracts aren't worth much except for raising a player's value. But I think the fact he's accepted one means he's been made a decent offer.

He might actually have got a better deal had he signed last year before the salary cap was introduced.

Whatever. It's very good news.

And just read some of the longer comments above. Points very well made.
Last edited by Andym on Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:35 am

I bet the posters on TWTD will be saying this is some sort of conspiracy theory to appease the fans and buy PL more time. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:58 am

I think it’s good however it ends up.

It does seem like it’s strategically timed to maybe take the heat of Lambert / ME, but that’s being a bit cynical. It would be a kick in the teeth if he walked away for nothing. The best thing is to get out of this league. No player with any potential will stay here under the salary cap when they can earn far more higher up the leagues.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:58 am

It does seem like it’s strategically timed to maybe take the heat of Lambert / ME, but that’s being a bit cynical. It would be a kick in the teeth if he walked away for nothing. The best thing is to get out of this league. No player with any potential will stay here under the salary cap when they can earn far more higher up the leagues.
Do you post on TWTD by any chance? :wink: :lol: :lol:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 am
tangfastic wrote:

No, I don’t. I read posts, though. If anything, that comment would be considered tame. Too much hysteria on TWTD and it’s making me want to nudge back towards the PL camp. I can understand Mike’s dilemma at the moment.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:51 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 am

No, I don’t. I read posts, though. If anything, that comment would be considered tame. Too much hysteria on TWTD and it’s making me want to nudge back towards the PL camp. I can understand Mike’s dilemma at the moment.
Totally second that and precisely the reason why i do not bother with that site anymore, unless in a shared link on here. I decided to scroll down beyond ME's statement and the comments i read totally justified my stance.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:50 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:23 am
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:14 am
tangfastic wrote:

I wish I understood it Tang, I am as confused as it is possible to be right now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:00 pm

I agree with most of everything above but what seems to be brushed under the carpet is the horrendous training ground injury issue???

GREAT! Blood the youngsters, that’s the plan, superb......... Oopsy! That’s Downes out for years! Oopsy...... Dozzells gone, (touch wood) ..... then what?

It’s just round and round and round and round and round and round propaganda bullshit. I still can’t believe how lightly Mevans is “getting away” with Ipswich Town being in the THIRD tier and class acts like Wycombe are higher.

Anyway......, 2 or 3 nil v AFC, INTER, REAL Plymouth and things will feel A LOT better.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:37 pm

While I’m really trying not to go over the top regarding Lambert and can understand fans like Mark trying to see the positives, it doesn’t suddenly make Lambert a good manager. I’m totally underwhelmed with the job he’s done over the last two years.

That guys been given so much. A very long honeymoon period where the fans didn’t blame him for relegation. He had 6-7 months to plan for League One because we knew in Jan/Feb we were down. Evans bankrolled a massive squad for League One. How many managers get that treatment from both fans and owner. It’s was down to Lambert to put it all together and make it work. And he hasn’t so far. The positives he’s given us have been the PR work to unite the club and the fans ( which has sadly disappeared) and twice starting League One well. Apart from that, it’s been poor from him.

Honestly, if someone can add more positive things that Lambert has achieved then that would be great - but all he’s got now are excuses, like the injuries. These are genuine excuses, but they can’t go on forever. He has to start consistently winning matches.
In the last year, we’ve lost more matches than we’ve won - in League One!

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:32 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:37 pm
I’m totally underwhelmed with the job he’s done over the last two years.
If you were to ask me "to date, have we performed to the level i would have anticipated 2 years ago", of course i would truthfully answer no.
However, nor would i want to have had 6 managers in the last 5 years, as have Sunderland, in a quest for improvement without being any further advanced.
Will support PL for the time being still. I guess i am just pretty tolerant in general. Will try to remain positive, which trust me is not easy, as we all know. :lol: