Plymouth Argyle vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How's this one going to play out?

Plymouth Win
31%
Ipswich Win
38%
Draw
31%

Total votes: 16

hallamblue

Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:01 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:01 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:00 pm
League table looks pretty good viewing again. Rather have points in the bag than games in hand!
Agree totally.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:01 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:58 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:56 pm
f*ck me, no wonder lambert is fecked off. We win and still not good enough. 10 men or not who gives a fig. I can only imagine the comments had we not beaten ten men . Geesus h !
Spot on No1, spot on. :D
Well......, come on now! It's the first win (and goals) for a few games. Lambert needs to show his managerial nous by building on this and getting the troops fired up. Go on a run. Show the fans that his Norwich days weren't a fluke. Let's not all jump on a cozy "no wonder lambo" bandwagon.

Keep earning your dough, Lambo.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:02 pm

Hell a win didn't see that coming when logging on. Possession actually counts for something this time. 3rd in the League despite the poor scores of late, it's a welcome relief. Catch up with game highlights later for better insight to what occurred out there. Most relieved individual out of all this has got to be Lambert. Got a bit more room to maneuver but (there's) still so much more to do before you can really plan ahead.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:04 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
f*ck me, no wonder lambert is fecked off. We win and still not good enough. 10 men or not who gives a fig. I can only imagine the comments had we not beaten ten men . Geesus h !
Who’s moaning?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:10 pm

I was midway through the second half cus we were awful.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:11 pm

We’ve gone from 7th ( earlier today) to 3rd . Get in there 👍

I don’t think we’d have even scored had they not gone down to 10 men . But I don’t give a stuff . We’ve had no luck this season with decisions, so I’ll take that .

Let’s just build on it now and get done first teamers back fit fit his sake !

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Well......, come on now! It's the first win (and goals) for a few games. Lambert needs to show his managerial nous by building on this and getting the troops fired up. Go on a run. Show the fans that his Norwich days weren't a fluke. Let's not all jump on a cozy "no wonder lambo" bandwagon.

Yeah i get where your coming from marco but we won, credit where credit is due. No point in moaning we only won cos of 10 men. The performance today was much better even when we were losing. Hull, league leaders, drew at oxford, lets see if their fans start calling for the managers head. This league is throwing up all sorts of random results and maybe as fans we need to be a little more patient( me included) 5 points off top, in third place with plenty of games to go and players out injured. Lets celebrate our win, say well done lads AND lambert and see where we are sitying in the new year.

patthegimp

Post by patthegimp » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:13 pm

Brilliant result. Played better too. I have actually been surprised by this division. Most of the times seem to be able to play passing attacking football and there are really no really stand out teams including ourselves. Would be very happy with a top 6 place in January with a lot of good players to come back in. Happy tonight
COYB

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:12 pm
marko69 wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:

Yeah i get where your coming from marco but we won, credit where credit is due. No point in moaning we only won cos of 10 men. The performance today was much better even when we were losing. Hull, league leaders, drew at oxford, lets see if their fans start calling for the managers head. This league is throwing up all sorts of random results and maybe as fans we need to be a little more patient( me included) 5 points off top, in third place with plenty of games to go and players out injured. Lets celebrate our win, say well done lads AND lambert and see where we are sitying in the new year.
Your posts are cheering me up I can't lie. This is a big result today, next week is tough then we have some very winnable games in December

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:21 pm

Enjoyable game,thought they passed it around well,none of that pissing about in our half,loads were saying we wouldn't score,against 10 men,well fortunately what a load of tosh that was,we should all be happy with that :D

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:22 pm

It was a better performance than recently, we moved it a bit quicker at times. Agree with BM though that some players weren't great. Dobra had a good game, my man of the match, altjoigh he tired a but.

Silly bugger to get sent off. Booked for time wasting in the first hour.

Ref let a lot go. They weren't the first team we've played this season who are spoilers. Many times in the first hslf Dobra and Lankester turned their man and were brought down. He could have booked a couple early on.

The red card and the attacking substitutions made the difference. Having been critical before, it was good to see him go for it. Left us a bit short at the back and we struggled to hang on, but that's likely when you make changes like that. If I was PL I'd be delighted that it came off.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:24 pm

@ITNO1

Oh yes, I personally am giving credit where credit is due, (check the clapping post)......, but its one game and winning v Pompey would go a very long way in telling many supporters that he's said or done something behind the scenes to create these wins. ......, and not stumbled upon success. If Lambert has stumbled upon todays win then whats the feckin point........, YOU should apply for the job? No?

At the moment, its like me employing a guy who installs a safe boiler one week then blows the f**king street up the next.

He has to get the win V Portsmouth. Enjoy the win Lambert but the pressure is still very much on.

Edit to add:
Can't speak for everyone, but I seriously couldn't give less of a fk what Hull fans are feeling or thinking about their 1-1 draw v Oxford. Its what ITFC serve up that counts.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Listen to Lambert! Sounds so downbeat... not sure if he is just trying to make a point or what but would have been interesting to see how he was if we had lost! 😱

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Two away games, 1 goal conceded, 2 scored and 4 points gained! Why that's almost automatic promotion form! :wink: :lol: :lol:

That is meant to be a lighthearted comment and by no means serious BTW. :wink:

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:24 pm
@ITNO1

Oh yes, I personally am giving credit where credit is due, (check the clapping post)......, but its one game and winning v Pompey would go a very long way in telling many supporters that he's said or done something behind the scenes to create these wins. ......, and not stumbled upon success. If Lambert has stumbled upon todays win then whats the feckin point........, YOU should apply for the job? No?

At the moment, its like me employing a guy who installs a safe boiler one week then blows the f**king street up the next.

He has to get the win V Portsmouth. Enjoy the win Lambert but the pressure is still very much on.

Edit to add:
Can't speak for everyone, but I seriously couldn't give less of a fk what Hull fans are feeling or thinking about their 1-1 draw v Oxford. Its what ITFC serve up that counts.
WOW, AND I MEAN WOW!! i dont know where this has come from marco.
I was not questioning how you feel, and yes i did see the many round of applause you gave. But saying im jumping on a lambert bandwagon was a little uncalled for. The point i was simply trying to make is lets enjoy this win for the lads and lambert who has been under pressure, regardless of against ten men. A better performance even when losing deserves some praise after the latest dross we have been providing. I also said lets see where we are in the new year so im under no illusion that one win today solves all our problems. Us town fans have had a rough ride for many years, we won today, maybe fortunate, but we won. And no, im by no means the guy who should manage itfc

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:02 pm

Very happy with that result but not getting carried away with it. No doubt it helped that they were a man down. Great to see Nolan scoring again.

Very important to get at least a point against Portsmouth especially in front of a crowd albeit small one.

COYB!

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:05 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:12 pm
marko69 wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:

Good sensible post. Manager abuse should be a bit less tonight

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:

Winning league one and championship is never a fluke. Lazy comment

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:20 pm

I heard the Lambert post match radio & was most surprised.

No criticism of any & no praise either. But I have never heard the man sound so dejected. I really cannot understand why.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:44 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:49 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:24 pm
@ITNO1

Edit to add:
WOW, AND I MEAN WOW!! i dont know where this has come from marco.
I was not questioning how you feel, and yes i did see the many round of applause you gave. But saying im jumping on a lambert bandwagon was a little uncalled for. The point i was simply trying to make is lets enjoy this win for the lads and lambert who has been under pressure, regardless of against ten men. A better performance even when losing deserves some praise after the latest dross we have been providing. I also said lets see where we are in the new year so im under no illusion that one win today solves all our problems. Us town fans have had a rough ride for many years, we won today, maybe fortunate, but we won. And no, im by no means the guy who should manage itfc
This is another key & peele text message moment. No need for the “wow” ITNO1, ....... you’ve read my post witn your back up by the sound of it. Come on , man, I’ve been posting here for 11 years..... you should know I don’t aim scorn at anyone. 🤷‍♂️
When I say, you should be manager, it’s not how you’ve taken it........ i mean if Lambo is trying to find a solution by chopping / changing then anyone can do that? I shouldve used myself as the example.
Also not totally forgotten that Lambo is dealing with a completely weird injury situation. Up here in Scotland we’ve got soggier weather, slippier pitches and arguably harder tackles, yet we’ve had less than half of the number of 1st team injuries than ITFC @ Hibs. So, I’m understanding Lambert has an issue. But if he’s left with dregs then he’s not left with many solutions hence my cat Alan could pick the team.

@Valleyroad....... lamberts success was superb at Norwich...... he inherited a team who’d just been hammered by his own Colchester United and turned them into quite a prolific side.
Do it again with Ipswich. Prove it was your managerial genius that created that sh*t.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:20 pm
I heard the Lambert post match radio & was most surprised.

No criticism of any & no praise either. But I have never heard the man sound so dejected. I really cannot understand why.
There seems to be something going on behind the scenes I think. PL said ...,” I know what needs to happen but I’ll keep my thoughts to myself “. So what’s that all about then ? 🤷‍♀️

Andym

Post by Andym » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:19 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 pm

There seems to be something going on behind the scenes I think. PL said ...,” I know what needs to happen but I’ll keep my thoughts to myself “. So what’s that all about then ? 🤷‍♀️
Yes that was very odd. Quite ominous.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:30 am

Doesn't the manager have a certain duty to inform fans of his thoughts and ideas. Sure McCarthy was like this once, kept people guessing as to his direction and what he wanted, if you got something to say then speak out. Being dismissed from position ?, somehow you doubt it.

Saw game highlights and while it never tells the full story / provides only relevant action you got to give credit to the players for pulling it back from a losing situation. Did their goal even enter the net, don't need a Russian linesman for it but seemed a bit dubious. We came back with two quick strikes, Nolan provided a fine shot and Jackson placed it well for what turned out to be the difference. Reaction on TWTD was bizarre but in no way surprising, if the team had lost there'd be negatives left and right but you could sense the relief that the victory presented.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 am

If Lamberts main gripe is against the media ( reporters), and apparently TWTD’s Phil Ham , then surely all he has to do is refuse to do any interviews? 🤷‍♀️

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:45 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 pm
marko69 wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:

Why are you so bloody confrontational? You come on to stir the pot and then p*ss off for months on end, bleating on about Mick p*ss boring Mccarthy years after he's gone, tensions are high among Town fans right now and we can do without scummers stirring the pot, personally I'm happy to bite cus I find you really rather sad visiting another clubs site , never once have you had a good or positive thing to say about ITFC which in itself is the biggest give away, you may fool some, you certainly don't fool me.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:51 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 am
If Lamberts main gripe is against the media ( reporters), and apparently TWTD’s Phil Ham , then surely all he has to do is refuse to do any interviews? 🤷‍♀️
Isn’t the club/ manager contractually obliged to give an interview? If he didn’t have to do it, I’d imagine he wouldn’t.

He could be a Prima Donna and pass on interview duties to Stuart Taylor - just like Fergie used to do.

I wouldn’t want to be a manager, but as Lambert knew what he was getting into, he shouldn’t complain too much. Maybe the press puts in a few extra digs at times, but they can’t just report that every thing is rosy when it’s not. Then they’d just be the PR wing of ITFC printing puff pieces. It’s simple - get things right on the pitch and the media will report mainly good stuff.

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 am

valleyroad wrote:
marko69 wrote:
AzzurroMark wrote:

Oh look - ValleyRoad is back again. Let the puerility and ignorance begin :roll:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:45 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:45 am
valleyroad wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Why are you so bloody confrontational? You come on to stir the pot and then p*ss off for months on end, bleating on about Mick p*ss boring Mccarthy years after he's gone, tensions are high among Town fans right now and we can do without scummers stirring the pot, personally I'm happy to bite cus I find you really rather sad visiting another clubs site , never once have you had a good or positive thing to say about ITFC which in itself is the biggest give away, you may fool some, you certainly don't fool me.
I have lots of good things to say about ITFC as a club but not over the last few years because there isn't.
Tensions are high amongst fans you say, well damn right they should be because you are in League One when you could have been sitting in middle of Championship with more potential of an investor taking over to fund the club.
Loads of moronic comments about McCarthy, Lambert, Evans and others on here consistently. Maybe you don't like it being challenged ??
Fools saying I'd much rather be in League One than watch McCarthy side. If that's the case then suck it up.
What do you think you be watching if Lambert gets you up, Barcelona. No you'll be watching the same tactics as McCarthy and possibly poorer cause he won't get the loan deals MM got.
So yes maybe you see it as confrontational but maybe challenging a lot of the self entitled junk that some are spouting about the club on here is worth it.
Hardly a suprise that Lambert if utterly sick of it. Bit like McCarthy before him. Sound familiar, maybe the problem lies elsewhere and maybe the fanbase needs a huge reality check which by the looks of the comments on this forum won't be any time soon.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 am
valleyroad wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Oh look - ValleyRoad is back again. Let the puerility and ignorance begin :roll:
Maybe if you could have the ability to see that throwaway comments about Lambert winning League One and the Championship by a fluke are just utter nonsense then you won't see it as puerile.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:03 pm

IT WASN’T a fluke at Norwich FFS! That’s the f**king point! Replicate it at Ipswich! Jaysus Fkn Christ. How’s that hard to grasp?