Plymouth Argyle vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How's this one going to play out?

Plymouth Win
31%
Ipswich Win
38%
Draw
31%

Total votes: 16

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Charnwood » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:14 pm

Quote from valleyroad

“...Tensions are high amongst fans you say, well damn right they should be because you are in League One when you could have been sitting in middle of Championship with more potential of an investor taking over to fund the club.

At least we now have clarity that valleyroad isn’t an Ipswich Town fan. Maybe he is the Canary as some of you suspected or maybe just a troll who likes to occasionally stir the pot.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:14 pm
Quote from valleyroad

“...Tensions are high amongst fans you say, well damn right they should be because you are in League One when you could have been sitting in middle of Championship with more potential of an investor taking over to fund the club.

At least we now have clarity that valleyroad isn’t an Ipswich Town fan. Maybe he is the Canary as some of you suspected or maybe just a troll who likes to occasionally stir the pot.
Aw man honestly I watched Ipswich in the early 90's as a season ticket holder and have followed them ever since. Look for their result every week and have good memories of my time in the Town when I worked there.
How Norwich run their club currently maybe be a model worth looking at, what do you think ?
Last edited by valleyroad on Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Quote from valleyroad

Aw man honestly I watched Ipswich in the early 90's as a season ticket holder and have followed them ever since. Look for their result every week and have good memories of my time in the Town when I worked there.

“Look for their result not our result”.. says it all for me. I used to watch Leicester City every week when I lived in Leicestershire and Forest every week when I in Nottingham and I still look for their results every week, but it doesn’t make me either a City fan or a Forest fan, it just shows my love of the game goes beyond supporting one club.

This is an Ipswich Town fans site and as a visitor you should respect that.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:34 pm

You’ve got 4 posts up there with the intention of adding one sentence. You want it tidied up? You did say something the other week of your posts being deleted....... I’m asking first?

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:34 pm
You’ve got 4 posts up there with the intention of adding one sentence. You want it tidied up? You did say something the other week of your posts being deleted....... I’m asking first?
Oops sorry Marko I’ve just done it before I read the above. 🙃

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:40 pm

Oh well. Whoever tidied it up deleted the very sentence you were trying to add ! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:41 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:39 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:34 pm
Oops sorry Marko I’ve just done it before I read the above. 🙃
:lol:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:49 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:40 pm
Oh well. Whoever tidied it up deleted the very sentence you were trying to add ! :lol:
Sorry about that, thanks for tidying :lol:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:52 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:33 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:24 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Quote from valleyroad

“Look for their result not our result”.. says it all for me. I used to watch Leicester City every week when I lived in Leicestershire and Forest every week when I in Nottingham and I still look for their results every week, but it doesn’t make me either a City fan or a Forest fan, it just shows my love of the game goes beyond supporting one club.

This is an Ipswich Town fans site and as a visitor you should respect that.
Correct and I do respect the site.
I am giving replies that you might be uncomfortable with but they are worthy of debate.
That is not disrespecting the site and is not my intention.
I'm not trolling anybody btw, just trying to add a different perspective to some of the comments written by some on here

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:07 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 am
rossi wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:03 am
valleyroad wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:12 pm

Winning league one and championship is never a fluke. Lazy comment
Oh look - ValleyRoad is back again. Let the puerility and ignorance begin :roll:
Maybe if you could have the ability to see that throwaway comments about Lambert winning League One and the Championship by a fluke are just utter nonsense then you won't see it as puerile.
I suggest that before you make derogatory remarks about a post you fully read, digest, and comprehend it before you comment: instead of jumping in blindly just looking to provoke people.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 pm

No Valleyroad, you don't respect the site at all, you come on here to stir the pot and wind people up, you know which subjects to do it with too, in the space of a few posts you've had a dig at at least Three regular posters, now we may not always all get on on here or see eye to eye with each other but we are all Town fans and ultimately want the same goal, success for OUR club.
I rarely play the Mod card but I'm telling you to cut the crap, in the past we've had posters from other clubs on here who have joined in and been made welcome, sadly we've had others who are intent on trolling etc and they have been removed, which route we take is down to you.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:06 pm

I say ban the pr*ck! I'd rather have Derik on here instead of vulvaroad.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:39 pm

No thanks, I’m quite enjoying life on TB now thanks without the constant sniping from the former poster you’ve mentioned.

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:43 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:45 am

Tensions are high amongst fans you say, well damn right they should be because you are in League One when you could have been sitting in middle of Championship with more potential of an investor taking over to fund the club.
Although I disagree with a lot of what you say (my argument has always been that if we have league 1 funding let's play in league 1 rather than be boringly negative to stay in the championship), I have always believed you were an ITFC fan as you claimed to be and were as entitled to your view as the rest of us, even if it seems to be just a single view repeated at every opportunity.

I'm not so sure now; I'm pretty sure if I was commenting on the Club's fortunes, even from a distance and on the occasions I got the chance too repeat my only view, I would say "we" rather than "you". You are obviously so far removed from being a Town fan even if you once were that I don't think your opinion is worthy of my time and really would prefer not to read your opinions any more.

There are people on this forum I feel are always too positive; I'm sure they feel I'm always too negative. But at least we have a range of opinions and comments to back up our feelings rather than a single thought. I for one would prefer it of you didn't bother to post on this forum until you have anything more to add rather than endless bleating about MM being our saviour - even if that is true it has become as repetitive and boring as his football became.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:55 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:39 pm
No thanks, I’m quite enjoying life on TB now thanks without the constant sniping from the former poster you’ve mentioned.
I was just making a point, dear. We all know Derik went too far. I really don't want Norwich fans on our site though, if we can help it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:59 pm

I know #9....is Valley Road a budgie then?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:07 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:59 pm
He chirps like a canary!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:46 pm

"I watched Ipswich in the early 90's as a season ticket holder and have followed them ever since. Look for their result every week and have good memories of my time in the Town when I worked there." Quote from VR

Yet as one of our moderators pointed out you invariably refer to us as you or your/e, indicative of a viewpoint from another allegiance. All a bit ambiguous but sure the truth will show itself sooner of later. Personally I don't think you're causing that much of a ruckus, seen over the years (perceived or actual) rival fans causing far more of a disturbance. If you favor Green and Yellow colors that just admit it and people can move on, that way it will be a lot easier. If you are one of us then I take the time to apologize unreservedly. Said my piece I don't want to make an issue of it.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:07 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:59 pm
He chirps like a canary!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:49 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:46 pm
"I watched Ipswich in the early 90's as a season ticket holder and have followed them ever since. Look for their result every week and have good memories of my time in the Town when I worked there." Quote from VR

Yet as one of our moderators pointed out you invariably refer to us as you or your/e, indicative of a viewpoint from another allegiance. All a bit ambiguous but sure the truth will show itself sooner of later. Personally I don't think you're causing that much of a ruckus, seen over the years (perceived or actual) rival fans causing far more of a disturbance. If you favor Green and Yellow colors that just admit it and people can move on, that way it will be a lot easier. If you are one of us then I take the time to apologize unreservedly. Said my piece I don't want to make an issue of it.
Ha ha the Valley has been “outed” 👍

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:50 pm

Just don't reply to such posts they will soon f##k off to another site hopefully.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:59 pm
No Valleyroad, you don't respect the site at all, you come on here to stir the pot and wind people up, you know which subjects to do it with too, in the space of a few posts you've had a dig at at least Three regular posters, now we may not always all get on on here or see eye to eye with each other but we are all Town fans and ultimately want the same goal, success for OUR club.
I rarely play the Mod card but I'm telling you to cut the crap, in the past we've had posters from other clubs on here who have joined in and been made welcome, sadly we've had others who are intent on trolling etc and they have been removed, which route we take is down to you.
1. Abuse and ultimate removal of Mick McCarthy, resulting in relegation to League One. A place a club like Ipswich Town should never be. Owner didn't want it but fans forced it.
2. Continued abuse of Evans as owner. Came in with good intentions. Appointed managers who had been over the course of winning the Championship, funded the club well initially and overall I think has been unfortunate. Now can't with his resources fund it to the level that fans want. Supports his managers to the hilt. So nothing will change on that front until someone is prepared to invest in the club. IMO that would have had a much better chance of being achieved in the Championship.
3. Abuse of Lambert which is starting to go down the MM route. Lambert hasn't reacted like MM yet but its not a million miles away if results slide in the next few months. He is a manager with a decent recored if people actually care to look deeply at his record and reasons for leaving clubs. He has been over the course and knows what is required but needs time. Something ME is prepared to give but from afar I'm not seeing it from the fanbase.

These are the 3 main points I come on here and bring up as IMO they are all relevant to where Ipswich Town are as a club.
I'm not a Norwich fan but Norwich City run their club correctly and have done for a number of years. Ipswich would be wise to follow.
So if you have a problem with that then so be it.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:15 pm

I actually don't have a problem with good, honest debate about anything at all, what I have an issue with is the nature in which it is put across to get under the skin of other posters. I can count several occasions you have put short sharp reposts on the forum aimed at people that don't agree with you, calling them out with such things as "lazy comment" or questioning someone elses "ability" to see their opinion is "utter nonsense", that is personal and inflammatory.

The other thing is your obsession with defending all things MM, it's gone, finished and has been debated over and over again, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with the bloke. I don't recall rubbing shoulders with you at Brentford, Lincoln or any of the other away games where tensions were so high between him and the fans that it was spilling over into unsavoury confrontation, it's ok looking at it from the outside but as Town supporters we had had a gut full of him and being constantly reminded of it with digs inferring we are to blame for our current situation is not going to win you many friends, so I will say it again, join in with good debate by all means but cut the digs and wind ups.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:17 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm
Bluemike wrote:
1. Abuse and ultimate removal of Mick McCarthy, resulting in relegation to League One. A place a club like Ipswich Town should never be. Owner didn't want it but fans forced it.
2. Continued abuse of Evans as owner. Came in with good intentions. Appointed managers who had been over the course of winning the Championship, funded the club well initially and overall I think has been unfortunate. Now can't with his resources fund it to the level that fans want. Supports his managers to the hilt. So nothing will change on that front until someone is prepared to invest in the club. IMO that would have had a much better chance of being achieved in the Championship.
3. Abuse of Lambert which is starting to go down the MM route. Lambert hasn't reacted like MM yet but its not a million miles away if results slide in the next few months. He is a manager with a decent recored if people actually care to look deeply at his record and reasons for leaving clubs. He has been over the course and knows what is required but needs time. Something ME is prepared to give but from afar I'm not seeing it from the fanbase.

These are the 3 main points I come on here and bring up as IMO they are all relevant to where Ipswich Town are as a club.
I'm not a Norwich fan but Norwich City run their club correctly and have done for a number of years. Ipswich would be wise to follow.
You’ve never watched an Ipswich game under MM or PL - so f*ck off.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:32 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:17 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm
Bluemike wrote:

You’ve never watched an Ipswich game under MM or PL - so f*ck off.
Watched plenty on SKY when Ipswich in Championship, never missed one. Watched FA cup game recently on BBC website also.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:35 pm

You might not be a scummer but you sure as hell are a TROLL !

I can see a ban coming very soon for you, and you’ll have d brought it on yourself .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:09 am

Vulvaroad ? :lol:

Think everyone is onboard believing that Saturday’s comeback win was just superb and to be applauded.
It’s onto Pompey now to make us “BELIEVE”. Let’s face it, only consistency and winning is going to make McCarthy lovers wind it in a bit.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:12 am

Play two strikers up front snd we might just do it Marko 👍

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:20 am

Watch that lay off by Hawkins again, was superb.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:29 am

Great finish by Nolan. He’s a funny player.

He’s a good finisher and when he’s positive he looks decent. Too often, though, he goes into his shell and passes sideways and slows the ball down.
He’s one of the senior pro’s who need to step up a bit more often.