Plymouth Argyle vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How's this one going to play out?

Plymouth Win
31%
Ipswich Win
38%
Draw
31%

Total votes: 16

mugen1

Re: Plymouth Argyle vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by mugen1 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:47 am

Really glad we won.

But they bloody cost me my bet on a draw :mrgreen:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:57 am

Just managed to catch the highlights, yep, what a finish by Nolan...... leaning back, ball off the top of laces into the far corner. Loved it.

And proper laughed out loud regarding Saint Jude’s reference to the Russian linesman! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Just didn't think the ball entered the goal, seen stills of the incident but largely irrelevant since we won. If the team had lost I'd make more of an issue with it. Contentious decisions in sport are part and package but don't like when we're on the receiving end. There's nothing else to add to Saturday's game.

Took a moment to view News Now for possible transfer activities here but there's really nothing to tell. Ended up seeing a link to the EADT running a feature to "a history of Roy Keane's beard". They've devoted an entire feature to the Irishman's shaving (or lack of) preferences. Ten years ago today (12/7/10) Keane's beard (grown to great length, gray and black) appeared once more while manager here after a sixth successive loss in the league. Apologize, it's been a slow morning.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:30 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:20 pm
I heard the Lambert post match radio & was most surprised.

No criticism of any & no praise either. But I have never heard the man sound so dejected. I really cannot understand why.
There seems to be something going on behind the scenes I think. PL said ...,” I know what needs to happen but I’ll keep my thoughts to myself “. So what’s that all about then ? 🤷‍♀️
Just saw a post match interview on IFollow with PL. It was in-house I think (not Brenner or Watson) so an easy ride. Christ, not only did he sound dejected, but he really looked beaten down. Have to admit I felt sorry for the bloke. And we’d just won. He might say he doesn’t feel pressure, but it looks like the situations getting to him. Can’t say I enjoy seeing a bloke looking that crestfallen.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:51 pm

No I agree Tang. It’s all very sad really as he brought such optimism to the Club ( he certainly reunited the club with the fans again). I think people forget how toxic things were under McCarthy towards the end . But for Lambert to be as he is now ( even after a win away from home), you have to ask what’s going on. He looks / sounds totally crestfallen .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:51 pm

Sounds like you both may be very correct here. I think someone “in house” should head down the local Ipswich musical store and buy a violin so it can be played while he’s speaking?

Seriously though, I’ll make a note to myself to cut him some slack until he’s got the majority of his team back. Things can definitely still turn for the better for Lambert. A win would be great v Portsmouth and a draw would be acceptable. In my opinion of course.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:44 pm

He’s down the pecking order , but I wonder if he’s trying to manipulate a deal to get out of his Town contract to make a play for the Celtic job ( which IMO he wouldn’t stand a scooby- doo chance of getting ), but he might see it differently!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:08 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:44 pm
He’s down the pecking order , but I wonder if he’s trying to manipulate a deal to get out of his Town contract to make a play for the Celtic job ( which IMO he wouldn’t stand a scooby- doo chance of getting ), but he might see it differently!
Well he’s unlikely to get a job there if he looks and sounds like a beaten man. Pressure at Celtic is way, way higher than anything at PR.
Maybe he needs a couple of days off at the spa in a fluffy dressing gown to re-fresh the batteries.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm

Have not seen the interview, but recall it was a similar time last year that PL was giving out , possibly out of character vibes. Could this be his way of trying to get what he wants? I am sure his previous comments would have helped his hand in contract negotiations?
This year could it be his way of influencing contract negotiations for players he wants to keep or shedding those he wants to see trimmed from the wage bill. Does he want ME to pull the trigger? Who really knows.
Of course he could be experiencing SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and this could go quite a way towards explaining his glum outlook, especially with the shortest day only 2 weeks away.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:17 pm

Never understood why they’d consciously look to abbreviate a condition to what the person is actually suffering.
You sad? Ok. Let’s call it sad. That’ll cheer you the f*ck up eh? 🤷‍♂️
And yes, completely understand the condition, it’s very difficult for sufferers. I knew a guy who had a tattoo shop once and Oct - March he blocked out his shop window with a massive picture of a sunny beach, otherwise he couldn’t last the entire day. Real shame for the guy.

But to call it “SAD”....... nice trigger word to help the situation.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:18 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:50 pm
Have not seen the interview, but recall it was a similar time last year that PL was giving out , possibly out of character vibes. Could this be his way of trying to get what he wants? I am sure his previous comments would have helped his hand in contract negotiations?
This year could it be his way of influencing contract negotiations for players he wants to keep or shedding those he wants to see trimmed from the wage bill. Does he want ME to pull the trigger? Who really knows.
Of course he could be experiencing SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and this could go quite a way towards explaining his glum outlook, especially with the shortest day only 2 weeks away.

There’s been thousands of managers excuses in the past .... this will be a new one.

BTW ... he’s Scottish and this is normal weather for 51 days of the year.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:11 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:18 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:

There’s been thousands of managers excuses in the past .... this will be a new one.

51 days or 51 weeks 😂

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:19 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:18 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:

Like you say, it would be a new reason (being a recognised form of depression, I would rather not use the word excuse).

Mind you, you maybe have a point with the Scottish link, it is harder to be deprived of sunlight if you don't get much in the first place! :wink: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:35 pm

Well I think if Lambert's sad he's being too negative. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:04 pm

Yes, the Big Yin is very correct....... the sky is low here.