Players contract situation :

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Players contract situation :

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:08 pm

source EADT today : ( not sure what the * means though as EADT doesn't say )...But a big clear out likely in the summer it seems .

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Donacien*, Chambers, Ward, Huws, Judge*, Wilson*, Sears*, Jackson*, Bishop*, Nsiala*, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Wright, Skuse*, Edwards, Drinan, Przybek*, Folami*, Morris*, Cotter, Clements*, Gibbs*, Andoh*, Z.Brown*, K.Brown*, Hughes*

Downes*, Norwood*, Lankester*, Kenlock*, Ndaba*, Crowe*, Smith*, Simpson*, Crane*, Holy, Nolan, Cornell*, Hawkins*, McGavin*, Chirewa*

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

EDIT : Ooops , the thread title looks almost painful doesn't it :lol: , can that be altered please by some kind admin body . ta x

Tangfastic

Re: Players contractsituation :

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:08 pm
source EADT today : ( not sure what the * means though as EADT doesn't say )...But a big clear out likely in the summer it seems .

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Donacien*, Chambers, Ward, Huws, Judge*, Wilson*, Sears*, Jackson*, Bishop*, Nsiala*, Nydam*, El Mizouni*, Wright, Skuse*, Edwards, Drinan, Przybek*, Folami*, Morris*, Cotter, Clements*, Gibbs*, Andoh*, Z.Brown*, K.Brown*, Hughes*

Downes*, Norwood*, Lankester*, Kenlock*, Ndaba*, Crowe*, Smith*, Simpson*, Crane*, Holy, Nolan, Cornell*, Hawkins*, McGavin*, Chirewa*

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

EDIT : Ooops , the thread title looks almost painful doesn't it :lol: , can that be altered please by some kind admin body . ta x
The asterisk * means the club has an option to extend the contract by a year.

Out of the 2021 bunch, it’s noticeable that Edwards (who could be considered an asset ) doesn’t have that option and could walk away on a free. There’s a lot there who the club will happily say goodbye.

Tinytown

Re: Players contract situation :

Post by Tinytown » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

The ones in RED i would let go, Chambers could stay as a coach.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:16 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:15 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

Out of the 2021 bunch, it’s noticeable that Edwards (who could be considered an asset ) doesn’t have that option and could walk away on a free. There’s a lot there who the club will happily say goodbye.
Thanks for that Tang 👍..... I can see Town definitely letting quite a few of those players leave , option or no option. This salary cap is going t9 guide Evans/ Lamberts decisi9ns 9n who to keep or offload isn’t it.

I can see Chambers and Skuse finishing their playing careers this season. What happens next wit( either of them is anyone’s guess. Personally I’d keep them at the Club a social and coaching capacity with the young players we have. Both do roles along these lines already I think.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:18 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:44 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

The ones in RED i would let go, Chambers could stay as a coach.

I would probably add Nolan and Kenlock to those you have in red

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:32 pm

But Mr Hallam they still have 18 months left so they won't be going in the summer.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:49 pm

If we’re in League One, we really need to offload as many fringe, injury-prone, under-performing senior players as possible. If we’re going to bring in decent senior players on decent wages with the salary cap it’s possible if we trim the senior players and use the under 21’s as backup. In many ways we’re doing that anyway with the injuries.

I wonder what percentage of our player budget is actually fit enough to play? Big chunk of the playing budget is injured and players like Donacien, Huws and Kenlock rarely get a game. When we’re trying to keep within the 2.5 million budget limit, a huge chunk of that isnt even making it on the field.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:32 pm
But Mr Hallam they still have 18 months left so they won't be going in the summer.
That’s an awfully polite post, Tiny. Good to see such manners.

I don’t think it was the smartest move to give Kenlock such a long contract. He’ll be difficult to shift.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:38 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:49 pm
If we’re in League One, we really need to offload as many fringe, injury-prone, under-performing senior players as possible.
That's pretty much all of them, don't you think? Maybe not Chambers, but he's on his last legs anyway.

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:40 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm
Tinytown wrote:

I don’t think it was the smartest move to give Kenlock such a long contract. He’ll be difficult to shift.
Not forgetting the fact Mr Hallem is in fact a female last time I met her👍.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:03 pm

Ando wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:40 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:59 pm
Tinytown wrote:

Not forgetting the fact Mr Hallem is in fact a female last time I met her👍.
When was the last time you met him/her/ add in other pronoun? Gender fluidity is a thing these days.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:51 am

I met Liz 18 months ago

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:33 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:16 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:15 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Ipswich Town contracts

Season-long loans
McGuinness, Bennetts

Vincent-Young*, Dobra*

Woolfenden*, Dozzell*

Thanks for that Tang 👍..... I can see Town definitely letting quite a few of those players leave , option or no option. This salary cap is going t9 guide Evans/ Lamberts decisi9ns 9n who to keep or offload isn’t it.

I can see Chambers and Skuse finishing their playing careers this season. What happens next wit( either of them is anyone’s guess. Personally I’d keep them at the Club a social and coaching capacity with the young players we have. Both do roles along these lines already I think.
Skuse as a coach, Liz? The only time he would be any good as a coach is if the rules of the game changes and there were points to be had for negativity, passing the ball badly backwards and sideways. But come to think of it, we're already pretty good at that so hardly in need of a coach :D

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Lol yes ok Gary, I get your point. But he has I think got all his badges , and I think he’ll have a lot to offer our kids at the club even if his playing days are over .

And yes Ando we did meet ... blimey was it really 18/12 ago though ???

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:58 am

Chambers and Skuse are great pro’s. Certainly take care of themselves considering the number of games they’ve played. And obviously very well respected within the club. So I can see that angle about them being coaches here. The major thing, for me, is they’ve been the most senior players here during one of the worst periods in our history. Not their fault, but begs the question - Do we need something different?
From their side, could they learn more and also different techniques at another club? If they do coach here - will they just be coaching the same things? It’s not as if it’s The Liverpool Boot Room where there was a succession plan based around a very successful winning formula. Ours recent tradition has been that of decline. Something needs to change.

If they do coach here - I hope they’re brought in for the right reasons and not for sentimental reasons. I wouldn’t be against seeing Skuse and Chambers here as part of the coaching or managerial staff - but wouldn’t it be better to get some experience elsewhere first? Maybe at a club which has recent successful coaching history.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:36 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:58 am
...but wouldn’t it be better to get some experience elsewhere first? Maybe at a club which has recent successful coaching history.
Like Hurst @ Shrewsbury? :shock:

rossi

Post by rossi » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:14 pm
Lol yes ok Gary, I get your point. But he has I think got all his badges , and I think he’ll have a lot to offer our kids at the club even if his playing days are over .

Ha Ha - I've still got a badge I had when I was a kid as a member of the Tufty Club - maybe I should get a job as a road safety officer :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:27 pm

Tufty club :lol: lmfao

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:41 pm

rossi wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:15 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Ha Ha - I've still got a badge I had when I was a kid as a member of the Tufty Club - maybe I should get a job as a road safety officer :lol:
Oooo I ALWAYS. Wanted to be in the Tufty Club, but at 33yrs I thought it might be my chance had passed me by ... :lol: