Marcus makes a Statement......

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Marcus makes a Statement......

Post by marko69 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:06 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:30 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:49 pm
Cue the post:
“Who’d you replace judge with?”
Easy. Dobra. :wink:
YEAH!!!! (High 5!)

Can I interest you in a 5 years parts / labour service plan?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:44 am

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:19 am
Great Post Dubai, sadly I have been led to believe that some form of protest is planned for Saturday, I sincerely hope it's nothing more than gossip.
I hope that any protest is restrained and the 2000 who go there are mostly interested in the game.

It’s a big game. Not just because it’s a six-pointer and it’s the first game back after so long away, but if we can get a win against a big club then that should be a massive psychological lift for the players.
I’m disappointed in Lambert’s management over the last year and if I was to look only at our performances Im also disappointed- but amazingly we’re still third. The major factor here is that the league isn’t that strong and we don’t have to be that good (at the moment) to keep in touch. Beating a rival - finally- would be massive.

I think for this game fans should go with an open mind and try and be positive. If we play sh*te - then they have their right to vent their displeasure. If there’s any planned negative disruption by the fans during the game then it’ll enforce Lambert’s stance about the fans. Evans knows already the feeling of the fans - I’m not really sure what more they will achieve on match day.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:13 am

Agree with all that. Quite excited about the game, might buy the iPlayer access.....

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:03 am

In my opinion any protest on our first match day with fans would be inappropriate timing. What the team needs is an amazing show of vocal support like never heard before from 2000 passionate fans to make the team realise how important they are to the locals.

I’ve only watched a couple of games on tv with 2000 fans and it’s amazing how much vocal support can be achieved by so few.

Town fans, please don’t let your team down.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:12 pm

well as usual Charny it'll be the minority that c*cks it up for everyone else. I get the feeling the Club may well have screen out any fans that sit in the"section 6" area of the ground, in their not so "random" ballot .

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:09 pm

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/decemb ... -finances/

More fans (it seems to me) are feeling that ME statements are all smoke and mirrors, and possibly his choice of words/phrases doesn't endear him to fed-up fans. Looking at this, he has apologised for recent poorly-chosen comments, as well as taking on board his past mistakes. He also seems to be trying to do his bit for football finances in general. Hopefully he can use his business acumen to be a driving force for change, even if achieving a seismic modal shift in how football is run looks to be an impossible task.

For me, the team bus, with Marcus driving it, has spluttered to a halt in recent years. While many might not trust him in charge of this large vehicle, the best way to get it moving again is if we all get behind it and push.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Many fans, on here and the TWTD machine were of the thinking that even Mevans’ 25 minute interview pre-Hurst was “just words”. Wind & pish if you like for a more accurate description.
Forever grateful for his wallet, but he’s full of patronising sh*te which I’d be as well if I was losing cash like he is.

But I think more are at the back of the bus pushing, Azzurro after the “despondent” Lambert press interview @ Plymouth.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:10 pm

Are Season Tickets already on sale? :lol:

Disgruntled Ipswich Fan: Mr Evans, I've been a fan of ITFC more than 60 years. I've followed this club through great successes and demoralizing failures. It breaks my heart to witness the demise of my beloved team at the hands of you and your mistakes. None of us wished for this!

Evans: I'm sorry. Should I put you down for next year's Season Ticket?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:35 pm

You're not that old are you. Evans is just sporadic platitudes with no end product. I wish some of the senior Cobbolds were alive, they could just sit the owner down and explain the needs of the fans and although never to be replicated, the success and history of past years, what it meant to once be involved in something beyond wildest expectation. It's just a continuous journey of misadventure since he's come in. Maybe we can't get another buyer, maybe Evans has no intention of selling up and remain where he's at, that's what worries you the most. Imagine another 13 years of the same ownership, hell I don't know where it will end.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:39 pm

Marcus putting us up for sale for £35 million, wait and see what happens after Christmas, says he's pissed off keep losing money, :roll: well can I suggest you look to either the middle east or Russia for a buyer, or how about knocking on Mike Ashley's door once he's sold Newcastle, could be a nice little earner :D :D

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm

2018?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Any reputable links for this story Ash or just idle gossip ? I'm suspecting the latter unfortunately

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:50 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:47 pm
Any reputable links for this story Ash or just idle gossip ? I'm suspecting the latter unfortunately
Story from 2018 from a Google search.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror ... 694313.amp
https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... evans/amp/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:56 pm

As I suspected

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:16 pm

:shock: A Wishful premonition BM for 2021, he should get £35 million as it stands in today's market :roll: but will he do it ????

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:49 pm

35 quid would be a steal

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:44 pm

I know I keep banging on about Roy Keane and I really do apologise for that........, but its because of that one man that I personally cannot go all out "Mevans GTF"
Yes, Marcus hired him, but more than 75% of the fanbase welcomed the appointment. But Keane really did start the "fall" because Mevans was 100% stung and he quickly realised that football wasn't going to be easy......
RK: "EPL in one season."
?????
That scarred Marcus DEEP.

He really does need to TRY & sell up and get back to concentrating on fleecing people for corporate tickets to big events.

People remember Norwich......., but forget Southampton sliding to L1 the year KING K*NT took over. They're now sitting 3rd in the EPL. It can turn around. You have to believe. Otherwise, what else is there?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:22 pm

Completely right on The Keane thing, I was against it from the moment it broke on Sky Sports, abysmal day in our history.