Lambert really!!

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ipswichtownNo1

Lambert really!!

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:41 pm

For weeks we have been stumbling along, picking up a few points here and there and slowly slipping down the table just like last season. Lambert has been stead fast in saying its , injuries, its the youngsters, its the press and fans on social media to blame for being negative. In my opinion the players did ok for the first 50-60 mins, probably the most threatening they have for 3-4 games, yet lambert now says we played bad and cant play like that and expect to win after defending total dogshite for weeks on end. Its funny how this change of heart from lambert coincides with the return of fans in the ground. At the end , they booed until lambert went down the tunnel then clapped the players going off. Lambert has picked up on this and is now throwing the players under the bus to deflect the negativity towards him. Back in full pr paul mode. Well i doubt this will work anymore, he is to blame for todays performance, be that through lack of preparation or tactics or coaching.
Last edited by ipswichtownNo1 on Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Lambert really!!

Post by Bluemike » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:49 pm

The only thing I disagree with there is the played ok for 50/60 mins, I thought we were dross throughout today. A couple of weeks ago I turned and wanted him gone then read a few things that maybe had me wondering if I was right or hasty, well today I now know I was right to start with, please just f*ck off Lambert before another season goes down the pan.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:01 pm

At least he's speaking the truth, finally. I'm sorry I can't put all the blame on Lambert. The players have to be held responsible at some point ffs! If they're not motivated to play their arses off in front of home fans for the first time this season there's not much else Lambert can do. It begs the question, are our Academy grads even good enough for League One? A new manager as this point wouldn't change a f**king thing! Btw, I'm not a Lambert fan just being realistic. :astroll:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:16 pm

:roll: It Needs that Banner put up again the one they displayed at Playford road training ground a couple of weeks ago, ready for the next home game against Burton Albion, THANKS FOR THE BEERS PAUL BUT THE BAR IS CLOSED NOW.
TODAY YOU SHOWED HOW F*****G ENEPT YOU ARE, try organizing a decent 4 4 2 attacking formation which we the fans know will work you plonker.

:? I still reckon that even when most of the injured players are back you will still F**kit up. :evil: I think you have lost the players respect with your useless game plans and no plan B, why oh why do you persist with playing out from the back this is bloody div 1, not the premiership so adapt your game tactics to this division.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:07 am

I think that is my problem with it too. No plan B at all. Everyone around me yesterday (people were distanced but talking) was saying the same - this formation and way of playing is just not working, yet Lambert continues to bang his head against the same wall week in week out. Maybe the youngsters are not quite good enough yet but surely he can give them a fighting chance by giving them something to aim at (ie 2 strikers) and not putting them under undue pressure to play out from the back. It just makes them (and the crowd) nervous! So many times yesterday, we attacked down the right but there was no ball to play forward - jackson either had 4 Pompey players around him or he had to run to the touchline to get it and then he was isolated - you could see it happen time and time again but change was not forthcoming. He must hate it. Why not give him drinan or hawkins up with him and yes, play a few longer, higher balls in so they can challenge and jackson can sweep up any rebounds with his pace? It has to be easily a good, if not a better plan that what we are doing now doesn't it? Finally - stop this incessant sideways and backwards passing game! Someone described it to me yesterday as the most attractive, ineffective football he had ever seen and thats not a bad description!! We just go nowhere for large parts of the game and the opposition get a breather for their next counter attack.

What is most worrying is that when the fans complain at lambert about it, he digs in and does more of the same - its like groundhog day from the mccarthy era with no sign of change, just continued intransigence. I fear that Evans has found a level for this club to be at that he is happy with and therefore we should not expect a promotion push for several more years... he is happy here. The fans however are not. What matters now is what we do about it...?

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:16 am

The problem is Lambert has implemented this style and has the u23's & u18's all playang the same way. So if the first team then starts playing differently it makes a mockery of what he is trying to do. The only way we will ever change 433 to 352 or 442 is if Lambert goes. The man knows he has a long contract and does not think anybody especially us supporters know better than him because don't forget he has played for Dortmund. :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:18 pm

Sadly I am of the opinion that he has lot it massively and needs replacing, he has no drive, no charisma and no passion, if he instills the same feeling in the players as he does me with his p*ss boring interviews then no wonder they are not motivated.
I lose count of the number of bloody sideways or backwards passes, its ridiculous and so boring, we get to their box and then work it back to Cornell ffs, this playing out from the back isn't working and never has. He may have injuries but he still picks the wrong formation and starting Eleven, he then compounds it by making the wrong substitutions, I have never once wanted Town to lose a game, NEVER, but if losing the next Two or Three ensured his departure I would take that hands down because it would still be plenty of time to salvage a season that is rapidly going down the pan again, this is a massive season, failure to go up this season and we will never get out of this division thanks to the salary cap, our advantage of being a big club will be gone, although we could get out of this division, trouble is it would be downwards, sorry but its Lambert OUT.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:18 pm
Sadly I am of the opinion that he has lot it massively and needs replacing, he has no drive, no charisma and no passion, if he instills the same feeling in the players as he does me with his p*ss boring interviews then no wonder they are not motivated.
I lose count of the number of bloody sideways or backwards passes, its ridiculous and so boring, we get to their box and then work it back to Cornell ffs, this playing out from the back isn't working and never has. He may have injuries but he still picks the wrong formation and starting Eleven, he then compounds it by making the wrong substitutions, I have never once wanted Town to lose a game, NEVER, but if losing the next Two or Three ensured his departure I would take that hands down because it would still be plenty of time to salvage a season that is rapidly going down the pan again, this is a massive season, failure to go up this season and we will never get out of this division thanks to the salary cap, our advantage of being a big club will be gone, although we could get out of this division, trouble is it would be downwards, sorry but its Lambert OUT.
I think you’ve got it there, Mike.... he’s doesn’t appear to have nothing more to offer. No passion or no ideas..... all he’s got is just the waiting game until his best players are fit. Whenever that is. And that’s no guarantee of good results if they are fit as he looks tactically clueless. He’s looking like a dead man walking more and more and I think Lambert would be relieved to go. It’s up to ME now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:51 pm

Yes. Waaaaay last season, the pressers echoed volumes of no drive and, well, surrender basically. That was before witnessing any football.

I do realise Delia got her Canaries up using almost the same relegated group and Lambo motivated that lot, but there were a couple of decent pricey signings to top up the promo push........., Lamberts demeanor may be that he is realising that he isn't able to (or allowed to) attract championship level players and he knows he's struggling. Out of his depth if you like.

Opinion alert: What he is doing now is what every Tractor Boy . com member could do. Shuffling and dealing players looking for the winning hand. But as said, out of his hands because as the saying goes, and let us say it politely -------> He can only pee with the knob he's got.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:25 pm

Sadly, we are what we are. ME & Lambert (& before him Hurst) have managed to let this club sink to nothing more than a run of the mill third division team with a clueless & inept run of the mill third division manager.

It hurts, it really does. Listening to the passion of a couple of the phone-in chaps post match yesterday really brought it home to me. It's depressing to think of the state this club is in, especially as their seems to be no light on the horizon. As has been said already, even with a full strength team I doubt things would improve. The manager really should admit he is floundering & resign: something that I cannot see happening.

Very, very depressing.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:32 pm

I actually believe that he will resign, Billy. The longer it goes on......, he'll quit. Burton game very significant. As Bluemike says, NEVER wish for a loss, and not really wishing the loss v Burton, .... (((the players themselves along with Lambo's tactics will take care of that))) ...., but all becoming very intriguing indeed. Especially after watching the fans speak post match on the Pride of Anglia youtube page.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:32 pm

I actually believe that he will resign, Billy. The longer it goes on......, he'll quit. Burton game very significant. As Bluemike says, NEVER wish for a loss, and not really wishing the loss v Burton, .... (((the players themselves along with Lambo's tactics will take care of that))) ...., but all becoming very intriguing indeed. Especially after watching the fans speak post match on the Pride of Anglia youtube page.
I’m not sure he will resign, Marko. Is he likely to get another managerial job after this? Think he’s wanting the biggest payoff he can get.

Maybe he’s trying his best to make Marcus make the first move with these insipid performances.

I think Lambo wants to get this over and done with quickly so he can enjoy a quiet Christmas at home.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:06 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:52 pm
marko69 wrote:

I’m not sure he will resign, Marko. Is he likely to get another managerial job after this? Think he’s wanting the biggest payoff he can get.

Maybe he’s trying his best to make Marcus make the first move with these insipid performances.

I think Lambo wants to get this over and done with quickly so he can enjoy a quiet Christmas at home.
Your a million miles out if you think that's how Paul Lambert operates as an individual.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:16 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:52 pm
marko69 wrote:

Yep, no doubt bang on with that.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Any suggestions on who might replace Lambert if he does leave?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Big Sam ....., to get the club back to the 2nd Tier.

People will suggest Garry Monk, but ----> NO!

It'll need a Big Sam, 'Arry, Warnock type to get out this league. IMO of course.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:41 pm
Big Sam ....., to get the club back to the 2nd Tier.

People will suggest Garry Monk, but ----> NO!

It'll need a Big Sam, 'Arry, Warnock type to get out this league. IMO of course.
Big Sam may be busy...https://www.thesun.co.uk/who/sam-allardyce/
Warnock's still at Middlesbrough, isn't he?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Pochettino? He busy? :D

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:21 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Alan Stubbs is out of work !

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:17 pm
Alan Stubbs is out of work !

Think Gary Monk type figure is what you are looking at though.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:43 pm

I think Evan's will have a tall task convincing any recognized manager to take over. It's not like a new manager will get any money to bring in players who can turn things around. It'll be like playing poker with a sh*t hand always. I think Lambert will ride out the season and when/if things get really bad, he'll leave and Dyer will take over as care taker manager. If Dyer improves results, ME will then give him a 5 year contract. :lol:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:50 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:43 pm
I think Evan's will have a tall task convincing any recognized manager to take over. It's not like a new manager will get any money to bring in players who can turn things around. It'll be like playing poker with a sh*t hand always. I think Lambert will ride out the season and when/if things get really bad, he'll leave and Dyer will take over as care taker manager. If Dyer improves results, ME will then give him a 5 year contract. :lol:
I think you may not be far out there. I'd give Lambert to the end of the season and take stock. Changing manager at the moment is not the right move

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:58 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:50 pm
number 9 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:43 pm
I think you may not be far out there. I'd give Lambert to the end of the season and take stock. Changing manager at the moment is not the right move
Yep changing manager now won't improve much in my opinion, but I can understand why the majority want Lambert out.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:00 pm

But if we get the core players bs knob the team and a manager that knows what he’s going , we might, just might pull off a top 6 place over second half of the season. I’m of the view now that Lambert has actually lost the dressing room. He doesn’t know how to get the best out of the squad .

At any other Club, Lambert would have gone a month ago I think. His win ration since being here is truly abysmal isn’t it .

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:00 pm
But if we get the core players bs knob the team and a manager that knows what he’s going , we might, just might pull off a top 6 place over second half of the season. I’m of the view now that Lambert has actually lost the dressing room. He doesn’t know how to get the best out of the squad .

At any other Club, Lambert would have gone a month ago I think. His win ration since being here is truly abysmal isn’t it .
Don't think Lambert has lost the dressing room at all. Not good enough at the moment against top 4 or 5 clubs but get a fit squad and a couple of decent additions in jan and they won't be far off play offs. Not good enough for top 2. Long haul for the club, was never going to be easy getting out of League One, despite what some think. Bigger and better clubs than Ipswich have struggled before.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Suppose it’s all about opinions, Hallamski. Don’t think he’s lost the dressing room as such, just think the guy has run out of ideas. He’ll get respect no doubt from the players, but it ain’t working.
Maybe it’s all just as simple as the players being sh*te? Or, to put it another way...... they’re just not as good as lambert thinks they are, or wants (needs) them to be.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:33 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:50 pm
Suppose it’s all about opinions, Hallamski. Don’t think he’s lost the dressing room as such, just think the guy has run out of ideas. He’ll get respect no doubt from the players, but it ain’t working.
Maybe it’s all just as simple as the players being sh*te? Or, to put it another way...... they’re just not as good as lambert thinks they are, or wants (needs) them to be.
Or maybe the job in League One needs longer than 1.5 seasons ? Sitting in 6th place and going through injury spell but the points are on the board even though others have games in hand. Ipswich need to stick together and tough it out over Dec/Jan and get momentum going into final few months of the season. All to play for.
Don't think Lambert has ran out of ideas also. He's good enough to get Ipswich up and works his butt off for the cause.
Needs a good window in Jan also.
Last week after Plymouth, Lambert was getting a fair wind again. This week its back to all sorts of abuse.
Fans need a reality check and have needed one for a long time.
Definitely not the time to sack Lambert or for Lambert to walk away.
Take stock at the end of the season.
His 5 year contract will be full of caveats and get out clauses on both sides, so not a huge amount to worry about.
Last edited by valleyroad on Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
Not a chance Paul Lambert will quit when currently 3 points off second place, even with a defeat against Burton.
Its not in Lambert's DNA to quit either.
Very much doubt Burton will win at Portman Road

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Well 🤷‍♂️ ..... the results will be the deciding factor. I’ll leave it at that for my part, especially when it’s a highlights reel I only see. Probably rely too much on other fans views, especially yesterday after Portsmouth on YouTube channel. But ——-> results. That’s it.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:49 am

Eddie Howe could do the same he did at Bournemouth if fancies a challenge.