PAULO ROSSI — R.I.P.

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

PAULO ROSSI — R.I.P.

Post by marko69 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:40 pm

Way too young @ 64. What a player he was.

Spain 82, 2nd fave World Cup after Italia 90.

I remember after the Brazil v Italy 2nd phase group game that Italy won @ Espana 82, me and my cousin and a few others went down the park for a game.

Cousin Scott: “Im being Rossi.”
Me: “you cannae be Rossi.”
“How no like?”
“Coz yer fat and ye cannae run. And you’re sh*te.”

Think he went home and grassed me to his mum!

RIP Paulo Rossi.

AzzurroMark

Re: PAULO ROSSI — R.I.P.

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:01 am

Riposa in pace Paolo Rossi, an Italian icon.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:46 pm

People seem to only remember for what we achieved at the World Cup in Spain, maybe many are largely ignorant to other accomplishments. Didn't he play for Juventus and part of the '85 Cup European winning team ? Rumor is after '82 he never had to pay for a meal or drink in Italy again but make what you will of it.

Barbara Windsor also passed on today, wanted to give it a mention. Don't think any of the original Carry On list are alive no longer but something of a British icon there. Condolences to both families.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:04 pm

A tribute to "pablito" on Football focus today.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Just watched Football focus and Paolo's thoughts about winning the World Cup in 82 really reverberate with me.

"...it makes you think about what happiness is, or perhaps what it isn't. Happiness is a second, or a fraction of it. And then it's gone."

Molto profondo!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:55 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:10 pm
Just watched Football focus and Paolo's thoughts about winning the World Cup in 82 really reverberate with me.

"...it makes you think about what happiness is, or perhaps what it isn't. Happiness is a second, or a fraction of it. And then it's gone."

Molto profondo!
Wow. Just noticed this and can sort of relate to it, Azzurro.

Can definitely understand that split second happiness over something so momentous. Was my cousin Scott who brought this thinking to my attention when he was having a bad year in 2016.
Hibs won the Scottish Cup that year and he described it as uncomprehending but back to the reality tomorrow. I remember saying, “what, thats it? Over?”
“Yep, that’s it. It’s brought a very welcomed distraction but that’s it; onto tomorrow.”

Was a bad year for him right enough but I can relate to it. I think it’s because of this thinking that anger can be expressed towards players salaries. They really aren’t worth even a quarter of their tag in relation to life’s itself.

Anyway, very profound ....... but still, Lambo out!