Kevin Beattie, A true Town Legend.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Ando

Re: Kevin Beattie, A true Town Legend.

Post by Ando » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:26 am
I responded to Mikes post. Its up there after his post. In fact you quoted from it.

To be clear......, I honestly couldn't give two hoots if Kevin Beattie was an angel or not. My issue is this present day social media phenomenon of; "not be too controverial", then proceeding to hang something (which COULD be big, COULD be small) in the air with no explanation. Then you yourself even said, "I'll leave it at that"..... when you started it all. :lol: :lol: Was the intention to just let people know that you know stuff and its not all rosy? Maybe Charnwoods thread title annoyed you? He's not a TRUE legend?

I dunno. I apologise for going on but when people post stuff that has others scratching their head, I need to ask why. Was personally on the Facebook thing for a about month about 8 years ago and had to leave. Mainly for that reason. It's riddled with the "I know stuff and I ain't elaborating but just wanted you to know that I know stuff" people.

Anyway, over and out......, daughters birthday today and she is an absolute legend.
Hope your daughter had a great birthday, difficult to celebrate in these difficult times.

I will add no more to the thread as I sit here scratching my head on how we reached this point. But I am done.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Kevin Beattie, A true Town Legend.

Post by Charnwood » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:18 pm

I can’t believe some of you guys managed to turn a well intended post about our legendary player Kevin Beattie into an internal argument about the possible darker side of his life. To be honest I find this quite sad and difficult to understand especially given how many special memories he left us with.

I started the thread (now wish I hadn’t) and will now exercise my Moderator privilege to lock it. Hope you all agree with this decision.