6 Town players and Lambert test +ve for CoVid

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Magicmark

Re: 6 Town players and Lambert test +ve for CoVid

Post by Magicmark » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:13 pm

Got a feeling this season is going to be mothballed, love the political rants,personally think Brexshit has just started,poor lorry drivers stranded,most of Europe have blocked us,In Borris we trust what a plonkeršŸ™ˆ

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Magicmark wrote: ā†‘
Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:13 pm
Got a feeling this season is going to be mothballed, love the political rants,personally think Brexshit has just started,poor lorry drivers stranded,most of Europe have blocked us,In Borris we trust what a plonkeršŸ™ˆ
So Boris invented a new strain of the virus,Boris closed the border going to France but left it open France To Uk,
Boris stranded loads of foreign truck drivers trying to get home for Christmas! Yep all our Borisā€™s fault isnā€™t it?
Now look at who has caused most of this misery and I think you will find it it our good friends across the ditch.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:49 pm

Bluemike wrote: ā†‘
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:41 pm
Yeah I am mate, which one do you come under ? Or maybe all of them, you've been around for five minutes and I'm pissed off with you already, one more remark or dig at me and I'll remove you simples.
So I have been around 5 minutes, new member its called, just because your pissed off you can kick me off. Sorry your the one with issues, what have I done wrong ? apart from disagree with a couple of your posts. It is a forum not a dictatorship. Hopefully Frosty, Charnwood and Marko will see it is you that needs to calm down and if you read all my posts I have not been distrespectful in any way.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:57 pm

Yes he is an idiot, you don't even like him yourself, the lorry drivers are stranded because they are trying to avoid the tariffs that are going to be put in place,looks like the numpty is going to except a deal,was probably told his job would be on the line if he didn't sort it..The new covid strain is everywhere.Hopefully the vaccines will eliminate it,but because of underfunding the NHS are short on people who can administer it,hospitals are at breaking point,I know my partner works in main Norwich hospital,What makes me sick is Tories clapping in the house of commons that they were not going to give NHS staff a pay rise when they've given themselves several pay rises this year,Poor Boris was complaining he couldn't manage on 250 k a year. :twisted:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:58 pm

bluejacko wrote: ā†‘
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:27 pm
So Boris invented a new strain of the virus,Boris closed the border going to France but left it open France To Uk,
Boris stranded loads of foreign truck drivers trying to get home for Christmas! Yep all our Borisā€™s fault isnā€™t it?
Now look at who has caused most of this misery and I think you will find it it our good friends across the ditch.
Iā€™ve just had an argument in FB about this very thing. I was told to get a life because Iā€™d laid the chaos in Kent firmly at Franceā€™s one way door ....I not theyā€™ve not closed access to or from any other EU Country that also currently has this new strain of CoVid. Itā€™s a deliberate ā€œ punishmentā€ from the french imo for brexit. The tossas. Lol

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:20 pm

Oh and the new strain of the virus has been known about since September, this poxy Government failed to inform us until it was convenient for them.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:19 am

hallamblue wrote: ā†‘
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:58 pm
Iā€™ve just had an argument in FB about this very thing. I was told to get a life because Iā€™d laid the chaos in Kent firmly at Franceā€™s one way door ....I not theyā€™ve not closed access to or from any other EU Country that also currently has this new strain of CoVid. Itā€™s a deliberate ā€œ punishmentā€ from the french imo for brexit. The tossas. Lol
Liz Iā€™ve seen some of the crap youā€™ve put on Facebook and no surprise you got some retaliation. You write as if France are the only country to close its borders to the UK, whereas more than 40 countries across the world did exactly the same. Ask yourself the question why ? ... and the answer goes back to Boris. It was he who stood up and announced to the world that the UK had found a new variant of Covid in Kent that had already spread to London and other parts of the South East of England, and was 70% more infectious than the previous strain, and was out of control. It was he who said it was necessary to stop movement from this area and that people should not travel. The borders between England and Wales and England and Scotland were closed. If he had any sense he would have also taken control of our International border, after all isnā€™t that one of the alleged benefits of Brexit. But no, no balls Boris left it to others to protect themselves which is exactly what they did. Geography dictates that France acts as goalkeeper for the rest of the EU when it comes to road and rail access from the UK, and given how much Boris bulled up the seriousness of the new strain of Covid France announced a 48hr closure of the Tunnel to allow time to speak with leaders of other EU members to agree a coordinated approach. Just the sort of decisive leadership needed in a crisis. Unlike our clown, who gives days notice of changes every other week and wonders why heā€™s lost control of the virus which is spreading like wild fire. Just on an aside Liz, how can he say you canā€™t leave London or enter Wales or Scotland, but itā€™s ok to get on a plane and go anywhere in the world. This is the same man who f*cked up so many peoples holidays, and and the aviation industry by introducing the 14 day quarantine rule for anyone returning from a county who reached 20 cases per 100,000 population. By comparison you can get on a plane or a ferry leaving the UK where in the South East we currently have an infection rate approaching 700 cases per 100,000 people and a UK average circa 300 per 100,000 people.
The only way this links directly to Brexit, is that weā€™re no longer in the club so therefore we were informed of the decision rather than consulted with. Sadly thatā€™s what our country voted for and this is probably just a taste of whatā€™s to come, Iā€™m sure many of us can remember previous occasions when French Ports were regularly closed by the Industrial action of French Unionists. Iā€™m sure when we start boarding their fishing boats it will all kick off again. Itā€™s a shame we chose to leave the club that kept us in an harmonious relationship with our closest neighbours.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:19 am

Its not just France who've closed there borders.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:30 am

Actually I agree with most of that,my father is a politician & very much against Brexit, he's obsessed with it lol ,

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:50 am

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:30 am
Charnwood ,Actually I agree with most of that,my father is a politician & very much against Brexit, he's obsessed with it lol ,

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 am

Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:19 am
And yet Belgium and the Netherlands were letting freight in! This c*ck up in Kent is firmly the fault of the French and it has hurt European drivers the hardest as the amount of British drivers going across this time of year would be nominal.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:53 am

Charnwood wrote: ā†‘
Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Liz Iā€™ve seen some of the crap youā€™ve put on Facebook and no surprise you got some retaliation. You write as if France are the only country to close its borders to the UK, whereas more than 40 countries across the world did exactly the same. Ask yourself the question why ? ... and the answer goes back to Boris. It was he who stood up and announced to the world that the UK had found a new variant of Covid in Kent that had already spread to London and other parts of the South East of England, and was 70% more infectious than the previous strain, and was out of control. It was he who said it was necessary to stop movement from this area and that people should not travel. The borders between England and Wales and England and Scotland were closed. If he had any sense he would have also taken control of our International border, after all isnā€™t that one of the alleged benefits of Brexit. But no, no balls Boris left it to others to protect themselves which is exactly what they did. Geography dictates that France acts as goalkeeper for the rest of the EU when it comes to road and rail access from the UK, and given how much Boris bulled up the seriousness of the new strain of Covid France announced a 48hr closure of the Tunnel to allow time to speak with leaders of other EU members to agree a coordinated approach. Just the sort of decisive leadership needed in a crisis. Unlike our clown, who gives days notice of changes every other week and wonders why heā€™s lost control of the virus which is spreading like wild fire. Just on an aside Liz, how can he say you canā€™t leave London or enter Wales or Scotland, but itā€™s ok to get on a plane and go anywhere in the world. This is the same man who f*cked up so many peoples holidays, and and the aviation industry by introducing the 14 day quarantine rule for anyone returning from a county who reached 20 cases per 100,000 population. By comparison you can get on a plane or a ferry leaving the UK where in the South East we currently have an infection rate approaching 700 cases per 100,000 people and a UK average circa 300 per 100,000 people.
The only way this links directly to Brexit, is that weā€™re no longer in the club so therefore we were informed of the decision rather than consulted with. Sadly thatā€™s what our country voted for and this is probably just a taste of whatā€™s to come, Iā€™m sure many of us can remember previous occasions when French Ports were regularly closed by the Industrial action of French Unionists. Iā€™m sure when we start boarding their fishing boats it will all kick off again. Itā€™s a shame we chose to leave the club that kept us in an harmonious relationship with our closest neighbours.

Its not "crap" its my opinion on the matter. And for the record it was just single solitary individual who attacked my view. So I guess I cant be that far from the truth.

France blockaded the UK ...when other Countries in the EU who also have this variant of covid have not been by France. So please explain that to me!

Yes then other Countries have since followed suite. Whose to say this bloody virus variant hasn't come INTO the UK from France via the Lorry drivers bringing it in. Its not a one way bloody virus you know .

This action by France has been driven largely by their reaction to Brexit.

But I shall remember your comment to me . Thank you .

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:57 am

Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:25 am

And yet Belgium and the Netherlands were letting freight in! This c*ck up in Kent is firmly the fault of the French and it has hurt European drivers the hardest as the amount of British drivers going across this time of year would be nominal.

THANK YOU Bluejacko. The French have always hated the British , and they couldn't wait to do something like this . They're a bombast bunch of fuckwits and certainly waaaaay more "militant" than the British have ever been.

But of course your opinion will be viewed by Charnwood as crap...that's the European "club view"

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:16 am

Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:57 am

THANK YOU Bluejacko. The French have always hated the British , and they couldn't wait to do something like this . They're a bombast bunch of fuckwits and certainly waaaaay more "militant" than the British have ever been.

But of course your opinion will be viewed by Charnwood as crap...that's the European "club view"

Give it a break Liz please. Just because you donā€™t like my explanation of why the French closed their borders for 48hrs you donā€™t have to go on the attack in every other post you make, and if you do it will probably end in tears.

I donā€™t like the French anymore than you do, and yes they do dislike us but often we bring it on ourselves and it is a two way street.

Although the French action will most definitely have stemmed from Borisā€™s announcement and nothing else, there may well have been a Brexit connection because I guess the rest of Europe are frustrated with the UK and in particular the clown theyā€™re dealing with who changes his mind by the hour, but hey if itā€™s helped to bring ā€œa dealā€ closer by showing who holds the trump cards, then so be it.

On an aside I couldnā€™t help but notice how many empty lorries there were travelling back to Europe which once again highlights how much more we need them than vice versa. In an ideal world lorries travel across the channel with full loads in both directions to halve the cost of imports, but clearly this isnā€™t happening.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:29 am

I suggest YOU give it a break. Just because YOU donā€™t like my opinion!

For the record. The UK and only one other nation ( the Danes), are doing geno sequencing and are therefore TESTING for the new variant. Given its propensity to spread ultra quickly it is almost certain that it is already in other European countries . But they are too dim to be testing for it.

You like to throw your weight about but you donā€™t like others having a view that differed from you it appears . You e chosen to live in Spain so clearly have the EU view. Thatā€™s fine . Itā€™s your right . But I donā€™t happen to share that view Iā€™m afraid . That doesnā€™t make my views ā€œ crapā€just because they donā€™t level with your view of things , ok !

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:46 am

I think there are 2 sides to every story. But the most obvious part is that we are far worse off being outside the EU thsn in it. We aren't involved in decisions that affect us, and if we are being "punished" as some suggest - well that was bound to happen. The EU don't want to to make it easy to leave. Why should they?
We are totally to blame for voting to leave, and I still blame the tabloids for that. If Britain is so wonderful why are all the newspaper owners living overseas or regisrered non-doms? I still cannot see one advantage in leaving the EU.
Equally I find it hard to see how anyone can defend Johnson. His record in every job has been poor, usually sacked for telling lies. His dithering is his main characteristic alongside self-promotion and self-interest. Whenever there are a number of options (coronavirus, brexit) he waits until there is only one by which time the better options have long since vanished. He is a man with no vision and no political ideology. His desire to be liked means he won't make tough decisions until it's too late to make good ones.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Politics often bring out personal attacks on these forums, I know I've been arguing with Tories for years,we all have our opinions & they will differ,no point in falling out over it,Brexit has devided the country, my father fell out with his best friend of 40 yrs over it.
Apparently Brexit has cost the country 12 bn to get it done,some will say it was a price worth paying,personally I think this Lorry situation was going to happen,not sure what kind of deal is on the table but if tariffs are going to be put in place then we should expect more problems in Dover.Merry Christmas coybs

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:09 pm

BJ has got things wrong, we all know that, the biggest gaff for me is keeping schools open which is spreading this like wild fire, however, for all the governments errors you cannot aim the blame in their direction for the actions of the Thousands of mindless morons who packed the streets for a jolly up in London, Manchester, Nottingham, Bristol, Liverpool etc etc etc, nor can they be blamed for the ridiculous BLM protests etc which again will no doubt have spread it. The eat out to help out scheme was very well received in the most part, I myself took up the chance to go out and by sticking by the rules it was completely safe to do so, again the mindless morons flouted the gift presented to them and made an issue of it by failing to adhere to protocol and then had the audacity when it was over to moan about it !! BJ and his gang have no doubt been slow at times to react to certain scenarios but the major spreader of this thing is the public, it's a fact, I see it every day and if everyone is honest so do they.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:06 pm

Exactly, well said Mike. It's becoming a bit of a problem in many walks of life, blaming leaders and taking zero responsibility for individual actions.

You see it in football, it's always the manager's fault, not the footballers that play crap and don't try in training. It's the PM's fault, not the people who flaunt the rules and common sense.

The more we blame leaders and don't take responsibility ourselves, the worse the world gets, the worse football clubs get when players do the same. People spread the virus from person to person, so they have the power not to, if everyone acted responsibly then the virus could've been squashed without the need for laws or tiers, pathetic.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:00 pm

Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:29 am

For the record. The UK and only one other nation ( the Danes), are doing geno sequencing and are therefore TESTING for the new variant. Given its propensity to spread ultra quickly it is almost certain that it is already in other European countries . But they are too dim to be testing for it.

You like to throw your weight about but you donā€™t like others having a view that differed from you it appears . You e chosen to live in Spain so clearly have the EU view. Thatā€™s fine . Itā€™s your right . But I donā€™t happen to share that view Iā€™m afraid . That doesnā€™t make my views ā€œ crapā€just because they donā€™t level with your view of things , ok !
Liz itā€™s Christmas Eve and I have better things to do than argue with you over Brexshit and any other ā€œdimā€ people youā€™ve identified.

I hope Santa brings you something nice for Christmas to cheer you up and make you a happier person. šŸ„°

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:28 pm

Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:37 pm
Politics often bring out personal attacks on these forums, I know I've been arguing with Tories for years,we all have our opinions & they will differ,no point in falling out over it,Brexit has devided the country, my father fell out with his best friend of 40 yrs over it.
Apparently Brexit has cost the country 12 bn to get it done,some will say it was a price worth paying,personally I think this Lorry situation was going to happen,not sure what kind of deal is on the table but if tariffs are going to be put in place then we should expect more problems in Dover.Merry Christmas coybs

Itā€™s most likely youā€™ve missed a 0 off their MM. in the summer the number was quoted as being Ā£130 billion which is more than what weā€™ve paid into the EU over 47 years. It was suggested by Bloomberg that the final number would reach Ā£200 billion by the end of the year. Some may think that was money well spent, other UK taxpayers like myself will disagree.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:00 am

Yes what a waste,heard Cornwall was getting loads of funding from the EU & shot themselves in the foot by mainly voting to come out.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 am

You are a horrible English nationalist and very foolish.
I like the English as a Scot !.
I lived in England for 4 years and learned a lot.
I didn't vote for independence in Scottish referendum and probably won't in the next either.
Nationalism and populism are the worst from of politics and arrive at all the wrong answers always !

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:12 pm

The Scottish have often sided with the French over their hatred of the English,can't blame them really,but again this is all generalisation, I love the Scots & the french because my mother is French, father is Scottish.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:07 pm

Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:12 pm
The Scottish have often sided with the French over their hatred of the English,can't blame them really,but again this is all generalisation, I love the Scots & the french because my mother is French, father is Scottish.
We would start to make a lot of progress if we stopped hating other nations.
The Germans are actually ok. Can I say that on an English teams forum ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:34 pm

valleyroad wrote: ā†‘
Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:13 am

I didn't vote for independence in Scottish referendum and probably won't in the next either.
Nationalism and populism are the worst from of politics and arrive at all the wrong answers always !
So, let me see if can get an understanding here.

if a Scotsman says he is Scottish, and dislikes the English, and wants Scotland šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ To be able to determine their own laws, and decisions, heā€™s deemed patriotic and itā€™s ok. Likewise with the Welsh, and the Irish , all wanting self rule. Thatā€™s all ok. Very patriotic. But an Englishman wants that they are demonised, and accused of being nationalistic, or even God forbid, a racist or National Front. To raise the St Georgeā€™s Flag is even seen as a statement of being radical in some way. WHY??????? Whatā€™s the bloody difference ? WHY is it ā€œ horrible ā€œ. WHY is it ā€œ foolish ā€œ.......

Please explain this to me .

Oh and btw , youā€™re nothing but a bloody troll on here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:36 pm

Charnwood wrote: ā†‘
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:00 pm
Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:29 am

Liz itā€™s Christmas Eve and I have better things to do than argue with you over Brexshit and any other ā€œdimā€ people youā€™ve identified.

I hope Santa brings you something nice for Christmas to cheer you up and make you a happier person. šŸ„°
If youā€™d had the f**king year Iā€™ve had , maybe youā€™d feel similar mate.

Happy Christmas to you too.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:05 pm

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:34 pm

if a Scotsman says he is Scottish, and dislikes the English, and wants Scotland šŸ“󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁓ó æ To be able to determine their own laws, and decisions, heā€™s deemed patriotic and itā€™s ok. Likewise with the Welsh, and the Irish , all wanting self rule. Thatā€™s all ok. Very patriotic. But an Englishman wants that they are demonised, and accused of being nationalistic, or even God forbid, a racist or National Front. To raise the St Georgeā€™s Flag is even seen as a statement of being radical in some way. WHY??????? Whatā€™s the bloody difference ? WHY is it ā€œ horrible ā€œ. WHY is it ā€œ foolish ā€œ.......

Well said Hallam, you are spot on the minute the English stand up for themselves or start being pro English the rest of the world says we are racist. As far as I'm concerned they can all go and shove their racist card where the sun don't shine.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:34 pm

What you have described is nationalism not being patriotic.
Nobody is demonising England but when folks from other nations read your views and how they are expressed then it kinda invites it.
Perfect exampe here and I suspect you would apply this to many others "They're a bombast bunch of fuckwits and certainly waaaaay more "militant" than the British have ever been."
I'm not trolling this site either but seem to disagree with you constantly on all aspects which IMO is no surprise

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:43 pm

Bluemike wrote: ā†‘
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:09 pm
BJ has got things wrong, we all know that, the biggest gaff for me is keeping schools open which is spreading this like wild fire, however, for all the governments errors you cannot aim the blame in their direction for the actions of the Thousands of mindless morons who packed the streets for a jolly up in London, Manchester, Nottingham, Bristol, Liverpool etc etc etc, nor can they be blamed for the ridiculous BLM protests etc which again will no doubt have spread it. The eat out to help out scheme was very well received in the most part, I myself took up the chance to go out and by sticking by the rules it was completely safe to do so, again the mindless morons flouted the gift presented to them and made an issue of it by failing to adhere to protocol and then had the audacity when it was over to moan about it !! BJ and his gang have no doubt been slow at times to react to certain scenarios but the major spreader of this thing is the public, it's a fact, I see it every day and if everyone is honest so do they.
Schools is a tricky one.
Many parents can't afford to be off work to watch children as they don't get paid and are on such cr@p salaries that losing a days pay has huge consequences. Can't get grandparents to watch either as they are vulnerable.
Children losing valuable education time as online learning isn't really replacing the classroom.
Also need to keep economy ticking over as best they can.
Younger pupils showing minimal spread, probably 12-19 with new variant are now an issue. Hence I think its likely schools may go back to online learning in some model.

Government issue is over promising and underdelivering and confused messaging

The rest of you post I think is spot on.