Mick Sacked after two months

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
tangfastic
Posts: 3302
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Mick Sacked after two months

Post by tangfastic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:32 am

Well that worked well !

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... el-6885700

Some advice to APOEL fans - Be Careful What You Wish For

Kerry Blue
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:07 pm
Location: Listowel Co Kerry

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:54 am

Not surprising the amount of managers they have had but he got a bit of winter sun, the Irish players and Garner will be disappointed I would think.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22878
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:27 pm

At least their fans aren't bored to death too, he wasn't there long enough.

User avatar
Ricco
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by Ricco » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:37 pm

I wonder who or what his ego will blame this time.

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9146
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by saint jude » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:32 pm

Fifteen team coaches in five years, not surprised they got rid. Didn't even know McCarthy was employed with them, hell the team there must have been desperate to bring that in. I Wouldn't give McCarthy a job shoveling horseshit in Kentucky, I don't know what they were thinking. Got off lightly there imagine the damage that would have incurred if had been allowed to stay on for a great time longer.

Maybe look good on the resume, you know, I had time at some established English league clubs and traveled to Greece or some faraway place and made something of an impression. Next stop some final hurrah in Egypt overseeing some desert outfit or something. His time has passed (as for any further high-profile appointment) there's (now) little to no way back.

User avatar
number 9
Posts: 3289
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:40 pm

Ricco wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:37 pm
I wonder who or what his ego will blame this time.
:lol: Yeah, there must be a bunch of numbskull fans at Apoel!

tangfastic
Posts: 3302
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:52 am

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by tangfastic » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm

I guess ValleyRoad is hammering the fans on the APOEL website? We shouldn’t hear from him for a while.

Good time for Hallam to return?

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22878
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:17 pm

We can but hope Tang

valleyroad
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by valleyroad » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm
I guess ValleyRoad is hammering the fans on the APOEL website? We shouldn’t hear from him for a while.

Good time for Hallam to return?
Wrong again ?

Ah Hallam that would be the person who gives out highly controversial opinions but doesn't like it when they are challenged.
I don't think my opinions are anywhere near as controversial and I don't care about being challenged.

User avatar
barmy billy
Posts: 2682
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Wherever I rest my head

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by barmy billy » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm
I guess ValleyRoad is hammering the fans on the APOEL website? We shouldn’t hear from him for a while.

Good time for Hallam to return?
Wrong again ?

Ah Hallam that would be the person who gives out highly controversial opinions but doesn't like it when they are challenged.
I don't think my opinions are anywhere near as controversial and I don't care about being challenged.
Do you know what I think VR. I think you are a bully who is unable to deal with a female who challenges your opinions. Others before have done the same & thankfully have left or been banned from the forum.

Hallam has been a loyal & well repected member of the forum for many years & I sincerely hope she will not bow to your deliberate (that's how it seems to me) intimidation.

valleyroad
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by valleyroad » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:32 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm
I guess ValleyRoad is hammering the fans on the APOEL website? We shouldn’t hear from him for a while.

Good time for Hallam to return?
Wrong again ?

Ah Hallam that would be the person who gives out highly controversial opinions but doesn't like it when they are challenged.
I don't think my opinions are anywhere near as controversial and I don't care about being challenged.
Do you know what I think VR. I think you are a bully who is unable to deal with a female who challenges your opinions. Others before have done the same & thankfully have left or been banned from the forum.

Hallam has been a loyal & well repected member of the forum for many years & I sincerely hope she will not bow to your deliberate (that's how it seems to me) intimidation.
Honestly you just couldn't make it up.
I have never in my life had an issue with a female challenging my view.
What an utterly pathetic response.
One thing I don't like though is someone playing the female card when their views are challenged. We are all equal.
"deliberate intimidation", what planet are you on ?

User avatar
goldandblack
Posts: 3548
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:48 am
Location: in the doghouse

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by goldandblack » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:55 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:56 pm
I guess ValleyRoad is hammering the fans on the APOEL website? We shouldn’t hear from him for a while.

Good time for Hallam to return?
Wrong again ?

Ah Hallam that would be the person who gives out highly controversial opinions but doesn't like it when they are challenged.
I don't think my opinions are anywhere near as controversial and I don't care about being challenged.
Do you know what I think VR. I think you are a bully who is unable to deal with a female who challenges your opinions. Others before have done the same & thankfully have left or been banned from the forum.

Hallam has been a loyal & well repected member of the forum for many years & I sincerely hope she will not bow to your deliberate (that's how it seems to me) intimidation.


Well said and word perfect Billy. these sites need the likes of Hallam and your good self
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

valleyroad
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by valleyroad » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:26 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:55 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:08 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:22 pm

Wrong again ?

Ah Hallam that would be the person who gives out highly controversial opinions but doesn't like it when they are challenged.
I don't think my opinions are anywhere near as controversial and I don't care about being challenged.
Do you know what I think VR. I think you are a bully who is unable to deal with a female who challenges your opinions. Others before have done the same & thankfully have left or been banned from the forum.

Hallam has been a loyal & well repected member of the forum for many years & I sincerely hope she will not bow to your deliberate (that's how it seems to me) intimidation.


Well said and word perfect Billy. these sites need the likes of Hallam and your good self
Image
Another happy clapper

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18919
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by marko69 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:28 am

You were at the wrong Mediterranean club anyway, Mick.


Image

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:42 am

Whatever any of us think of him, he has managed to land the job at Cardiff City i see!

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18919
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by marko69 » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:12 pm

The appointment has not been met with enthusiasm by fans or ex players.

valleyroad
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:12 pm
The appointment has not been met with enthusiasm by fans or ex players.
That usually means its the correct appointment.
I think Cardiff have made a really shrewd appointment which will steady the decline and give both parties the chance to see what they feel about extending after the summer.

User avatar
AzzurroMark
Posts: 1127
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
Location: Norfolk

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by AzzurroMark » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:51 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:12 pm
The appointment has not been met with enthusiasm by fans or ex players.
That usually means its the correct appointment.
I think Cardiff have made a really shrewd appointment which will steady the decline and give both parties the chance to see what they feel about extending after the summer.
I tend to agree with you VR. Their fans will be aware of MM's past reputation, fearing what will highly likely turn to dour football which counters the opposing team rather than imposing their own strengths. However the club owners will be looking for the stability (re; results) he could bring. Better sometimes to take the straighter, boring path than the adventurous scenic one.
That is why the Allardyces, Warnocks of this world are always in particular demand for struggling clubs, they are usually short term fixers.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18919
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:21 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:12 pm
The appointment has not been met with enthusiasm by fans or ex players.
That usually means its the correct appointment.
Does it? Never heard that reasoning before. Genuinely interested, (usually have to say that because most people think I'm taking the pi$$) but explain that if you don't mind.

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9146
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by saint jude » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:15 pm

I think he's trying to say a new name coming in that receives (initial) skepticism and doubt can sometimes turn into a success.

Kind of like the opposite here, you know a number of figures that were expected to perform i.e. Roy Keane, Jewell, McCarthy, even Lambert now : early promise or expectation turned to sh*t and they proved a substantial disappointment. Failing that maybe another explanation is evident.

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18919
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:21 pm

I certainly can't think of many examples except maybe Arsene Wenger. Gunners fans were incensed when he took over, a "who the FK is this guy" march down the street. But he worked out not too bad.

Probably a few more maybe, but can't think. Couple cup finals with Pat Fenlon for Hibs but still wanted him out and didn't want him in the first place. Much like Mick @ ITFC, wasn't the style of play fans were looking for.

User avatar
J4ck22
Posts: 2117
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by J4ck22 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:06 pm

If Cardiff give him a bit of cash to spend, I think he'll do a decent job.

User avatar
Charnwood
Global Moderator
Posts: 13300
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Moraira, Spain.

Re: Mick Sacked after two months

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:28 pm

Good to see you back posting again Jack, welcome back. 👍

Post Reply