Ipswich Town vs Swindon Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

How will the long gap in playing affect us?

Ipswich Win
87%
Swindon Win
13%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 15

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Swindon Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:53 pm

rossi wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:16 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:54 am
Rossi, I was one of those who early doors thought we were playing better football this season, like Tang has said that evaporated a few weeks ago when I crossed over to the Lambert out camp, he has without question lost the plot, he's clueless in his team selection even taking into account injuries, his tactics are as wrong as they can be and his substitutions often beggar belief, whether he has lost the dressing room or not is irrelevant because he has lost the large majority of the fans and it is that and that alone that holds away, he will go because of that so it needs to be now !!

As Tang said imagine if we had a crowd in there ? I've lived through the toxic sh*te once both home and away and this would be the same, if not worse, the fact I'm glad I can't go to game's atm says it all, its frightening and the club needs to act when people who normally do 46 game's home and away come what may stop giving a sh*t !!!! IPSWICH TIL I DIE
so as far as I can see, the tactics have not changed all season - therefore if we were playing good football at the start of the season but not of late, and we're using the same tactics, then what has gone wrong and why? PL MUST have lost the dressing room as far as I'm concerned, there's no other explanation.
I think the fact we had Edwards, Bishop and to a lesser degree Nolan all on top of their game and playing well, getting in the box etc and scoring goals helped to improve us no end, true Lambert couldn't help the injuries, my issue is Cornell, Woolfenden Huws and Judge all getting in, whatever anyone thinks of Holy and Toto our results were much better with them in the team.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 pm

Livi v St.J final, Valley.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:20 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:46 pm
Livi v St.J final, Valley.
Aye i was thinking the same 😂

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm

In a nutshell we concede too many goals, and we don't score enough. I know that sounds a bit 'Bobby Robbsonesque', but how can the simplicity of that be so difficult for Lambert to address? Blow you nose Lambert, and get back to the training ground ffs!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:10 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm
In a nutshell we concede too many goals,...
Might need to refer to Charnwoods goalkeeper thread. Could be that both are just Shyte. And no amount of training will sort it.

Although that doesn’t sort the headless chicken defence problem. Thinking training may not sort that either.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:16 pm

Viewed highlights last night and in fairness the long range strike they got was impressive while ours were obtained from close range but the primary focus being the objective seemed doomed to failure from the off. Did the ridiculous one up front idea change at any time particularly as they got further ahead, Lambert must have selected team deployment even though Stu Watson took his place yesterday in the managers place.

The home record was good up to a point, six straight wins and all of the sudden something went wrong and it's now like three losses from four at home, I don't know what the exact answer is, maybe there isn't one, I think a number of fans have their own range of questions as to what's occurred and too often don't get the answer they require.

Years back and on a final note I can still vividly recall watching a home game with Swindon and winning 6 - 2. This occurred early in the year most likely January and Mike Walker had just taken charge coming from Norwich. Something you remember, I was kind of hoping for a win yesterday although not by the same margin. Its not really embarrassment you just accept we're a soft touch too often and a team in sometimes disarray that is all too easy to pick off or despatch. It was good to be back in action though, despite the loss and further criticisms a game is better than no game. Hope for more from the Burton fixture next up, you got to try and remain upbeat about a situation.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 am

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:40 am
hallamblue wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 am
Lambert had clearly lost the dressing room and has done so for weeks.

Just sack him Evans, oh, and do us all a big favour and sell up .
I don't think he has lost the dressing room. The last 20 mins of last nights match demonstrated that to me.

Evans has invested 100 million in the club. He'll sell up when he gets an acceptable offer.
Also be careful what you wish for as Wigan and Sheff Wednesday have found to their cost. Seeling up is not easy and getting the right investor is every bit as difficult. I'm sure Marcus Evans wants out as soon as he can but he has the right to get the correct deal for both himself and the club
I’m not so sure VR about Lambert not having lost the players . Woolfie s interview looks suspiciously like a dig at PL to me ( don’t you think ?).

With regards to Evans selling when he gets an offer that is acceptable to him ( I think he was reportedly wanting £35m a while back), I think he might be forced to accept whatever he can now get . ITFC is fast approaching diminishing returns as we become even more entrenched in League One. From next season ( for we shall surely still be in this division), the salary cap will render us no better than 3/4 of this division in terms of spending / pulling power.

Maybe the much used be careful what wish ( do unfairly aimed at the loyal fans ) will rest where it should do , at Marcus Evans feet . Because imo he bought this Club through a very good sales pitch from Sheepshanks who convinced him Town were primed for promotion to the Promised Land and all the riches that would follow. He was sold a dummy .

Just my opinion of course ......

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:44 am

Hallam, the sales pitch from Sheepshanks may well have been strong but the key event (IMO) that made the sale possible was the effective writing off of the Norwich Union debts. I would have thought that at the time we would have been an attractive prospect for many investors, but for this mountain of debt. Sheepshanks was able to coordinate the interest of Evans in investing along with the willingness of NU to write down the debt. That was his lasting achievement.

If we are facing ever diminishing returns then I don't believe he will be getting any offers. The salary cap has seen to that. We are now no more exciting a prospect than Accrington Stanley. Unless and until we can get promoted.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:56 am

That being the case the ONLY viable option right now is to remove Lambert immediately and get a Paul Cook type manager in now, we could still get out of this p*ss poor league.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 am

Mike I think we often see eye to eye on many issues but I'm not ready yet to give up on Lambert. I'll give him until end Feb to get back to the form that we had at the start of the season, because that was actually what everyone had been crying out for. Good football that was easy on the eye and getting results. He's not perfect but he has been royally shafted by circumstance since then in my view. You might say that a good manager can get results in adversity and that's a fair point but I think he deserves a chance to get it right again as our key personnel get back to fitness and form. They might be getting back to fitness but I fear that it might take a few weeks to get back to form.

About losing the dressing room, I would like to believe that Evans has direct contact with the club captain and one or two other senior players and I'm sure that if Lambert did lose the dressing room Evans would act fast. He's not an idiot. I personally don't believe it for one minute. However when things are not going well I'm sure that every player has his own opinion of what should be done, with himself at the centre, Woolfenden (who to be honest I don't see as mensa material judging by his interview) is no doubt no exception to this.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:29 am

We do see eye to eye but I am convinced he is doomed to fail now and while he was royally shafted by injuries it is unthinkable to go one up front against the likes of Burton and Swindon at home and get beaten or struggle to scrap a win, his tactical nous is embarrassing and the inability to mix it up when things are not working is non existent, there is very rarely an instance when you win the fans back after having lost them, I agree he hasn't lost the dressing room at all but the fans are well gone and that is all that matters, the last ten games have been dreadful.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:44 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 am
Mike I think we often see eye to eye on many issues but I'm not ready yet to give up on Lambert. I'll give him until end Feb to get back to the form that we had at the start of the season, because that was actually what everyone had been crying out for. Good football that was easy on the eye and getting results. He's not perfect but he has been royally shafted by circumstance since then in my view. You might say that a good manager can get results in adversity and that's a fair point but I think he deserves a chance to get it right again as our key personnel get back to fitness and form. They might be getting back to fitness but I fear that it might take a few weeks to get back to form.

About losing the dressing room, I would like to believe that Evans has direct contact with the club captain and one or two other senior players and I'm sure that if Lambert did lose the dressing room Evans would act fast. He's not an idiot. I personally don't believe it for one minute. However when things are not going well I'm sure that every player has his own opinion of what should be done, with himself at the centre, Woolfenden (who to be honest I don't see as mensa material judging by his interview) is no doubt no exception to this.
Dubai, I’m not sure the true standard of where we are under Lambert is those first 6 or 7 games at the start of the season. I don’t think we were that good and the opposition were poor and at least allowed us to play. It’s like last season - we got a winning run together and then teams worked us out and we seemed unable to deal with teams setting up differently to counter us. We get tactically outmanoeuvred so often. Our form after the fist six games places us 18th in the form league (that’s over 13 games). And that mirrors last season.
A manager has to deal with situations like injuries. Lambert’s got the biggest squad in the division and he has to make the best of it. If key players are missing, then he has to pick a team and formation and style of play to get the best results - he’s consistently under-performed there. I don’t see one area where we’ve improved in over two years under Lambert. You can’t even say we’ve adopted a passing game because it’s just sideways passing by our defence before we lump it forward. I’ve never seen a more slow, ponderous, predictable toothless approach from a team - and it isn’t one game - it happens every game and is our philosophy, our style of play.
And look at the setup of our team. We’ve got Dobra and Jackson playing out wide in unnatural positions. We’ve got two 35 year old full-backs who are expected to both defend and get up the wings. It’s ludicrous.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:32 am

I don’t watch us play anywhere near as much as you guys these days, but I just hope and pray we can play our way out of this current low point, but it may be difficult without the right leadership. Although I’ve never liked Paul Lambert I really thought he was as good as it gets at our level and thought he’d do a decent job but for sometime now I’ve had my doubts. Yesterday we looked so inept going forward at least until the second half after excellent substitutions, whereas every time Swindon came forward they looked threatening and likely to score. Also I couldn’t believe how often we simply gave the ball away without an opposition player anywhere nearby, especially Dozzell who for all his brilliant passes simply lets himself down with far too many costly lapses of concentration which can make the difference in winning or losing games.
We also looked defensively weak especially on the flanks where our fullbacks got caught too far forward leaving their wide players acres of space in the gaps left open. It made football on the break so easy for them and sadly all opponents know this now and can set themselves up accordingly. Judge came in for some stick but for me I though he was one of the most intelligent players on the pitch yesterday and found himself lots of space in threatening positions and just needed to be a little more clinical on the day. It certainly wasn’t easy for our front players once the oppositions confidence grew and they’d sniffed a chance of a point or three.
To date we’ve had a good record against lowly clubs but this changes everything, I just hope this isn’t the start of a really bad run especially with a fast run of games coming up against the better sides like Peterborough and Sunderland etc.
I guess we’ll have a better idea how good or bad we are by the end of the month because although we’re almost mid month we still have four more games to play before the end of January which is when Mr Evans will need to decide on Paul Lamberts future. That’s whether to stick or twist.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 am

Some good responses and much appreciated joining in the convo.

Like Charnwood I don't get to see too many games (although much more this season than usual) but I can understand all of these views, whether or not I share them. A couple of points though from my side:

i. Dozzell, what a mystery. He still hasn't had many games so will make mistakes as he learns how to better assess risk on the hoof. But I think he was very guilty for not closing down Twine for the second Swindon goal. He looked lazy and stood off him. If they all saw videos before the game of what Twine could do (as Woolfy said) then I'm afraid Dozzell the younger ***ked up royally.
ii. Like Charnwood I wasn't too upset about not beating the top sides as long as we continued to get results against all of the lower sides, especially with a weakened team. The Swindon result has knocked me off stride and this means one that we are going to have to claw back against the top sides, and soon.
iii. Isn't our main problem the speed with which we we moving the ball in earlier games? If we are passing and moving quickly then for sure we need our full backs up high but won't the opposition be more cautious about setting up to counter, and need to defend in more depth. Also this kind of quick pass and move football needs little understandings all over the pitch. Presumably we developed them in pre-season and carried on in the early games. As players are lost through injury these little understandings are lost and things have to slow down. Maybe it would have been better to go 4-4-2 while waiting for the troops to return but in the longer term if the pass & move is what we aim for shouldn't we continue and let the second string players get better at it too?
iv. I don't think we would have planned to have two 35+ year olds on the flanks in an ideal world. KVY is supposed to be in Chamber's position for a start.
v. I don't think we give enough blame to the players. Maybe that's PLs fault for (nearly) always defending them in public and maybe he likes it this way. But we don't know why there is such a big difference (as Woolfy said) between how players perform in training and how they play.
vi. I'm very excited to have Norwood & Downes back in the team. I suspect that PL would have preferred not to use them so early in the Swindon game but this will have hopefully brought forward their return to best form. They will make a difference.

Having said all that and argued the case for PL if he loses against Burton it will be tough for Evans not to act.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:26 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 am
Some good responses and much appreciated joining in the convo.

Like Charnwood I don't get to see too many games (although much more this season than usual) but I can understand all of these views, whether or not I share them. A couple of points though from my side:

i. Dozzell, what a mystery. He still hasn't had many games so will make mistakes as he learns how to better assess risk on the hoof. But I think he was very guilty for not closing down Twine for the second Swindon goal. He looked lazy and stood off him. If they all saw videos before the game of what Twine could do (as Woolfy said) then I'm afraid Dozzell the younger ***ked up royally.

Agreed, he was guilty of not closing down the player. He's not a defensive player and he’s got to get better at that part of his game. But the other two goals - we allowed too much space down our right side (Chambers / Jackson) for them to get crosses in. We need to look at that as well - would a more solid 4-4-2 denied them space and have more cover?

ii. Like Charnwood I wasn't too upset about not beating the top sides as long as we continued to get results against all of the lower sides, especially with a weakened team. The Swindon result has knocked me off stride and this means one that we are going to have to claw back against the top sides, and soon.

Im concerned we can’t beat top sides. It’s an important indication of where we are. It’s it’s the same as last season. Have we improved? And the writings been on the wall for a while against poor teams - like Burton and Shrewsbury - we only just scraped a win there. We can’t rely on 3 points against bottom sides.

iii. Isn't our main problem the speed with which we we moving the ball in earlier games? If we are passing and moving quickly then for sure we need our full backs up high but won't the opposition be more cautious about setting up to counter, and need to defend in more depth. Also this kind of quick pass and move football needs little understandings all over the pitch. Presumably we developed them in pre-season and carried on in the early games. As players are lost through injury these little understandings are lost and things have to slow down. Maybe it would have been better to go 4-4-2 while waiting for the troops to return but in the longer term if the pass & move is what we aim for shouldn't we continue and let the second string players get better at it too?

Not only managers and coaching staff, but players should be able to adapt to the situation during the game.Ours can’t do that or they’re not being coached well enough to adapt. This whole style seems choreographed and seemingly what the manager wants. For an opposition, it’s easy to deal with. Everybody is squeezed into the middle third and there’s no room to move and very little room to feed passes into. This ‘pass a move’ (as you call it) isn’t getting better whoever is playing and for the players available, yes, a more solid 4-4-2 would be better IMO. I mean we’re struggling to score goals and yet we put Jackson on the wing and Drinan as lone striker (who’s never scored before). We should be coached well enough to change formations during a game and adapt. Other clubs do it, but we’re always seem to be lagging behind tactically.

iv. I don't think we would have planned to have two 35+ year olds on the flanks in an ideal world. KVY is supposed to be in Chamber's position for a start.
It would be great if KVY is fit enough to play, but he hasn’t played for 14 months. He’s only played 9 games (2 of which he came off injured). Not sure what to expect from him. As for Chambers and Ward, those two are looking more and more ragged after every game. It’s too much for them as 35 year olds to both defend and bomb up the wings.
Having said all that and argued the case for PL if he loses against Burton it will be tough for Evans not to act.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:07 pm

I thought Dozzell started the game ok and then faded badly, not making excuses for him but was he One of the victims of Covid and ran out of puff ? Just a thought but yes his passing was woeful second half, in his defence he has been head and tail above everyone else in that department all season.

The pace thing is clearly an issue and has been for a few games but all of our pace lies with Edwards, Bennetts, Bishop and KVY, all out injured !! Yes we had Dobra and Jackson but there is still a hell of a lot missing.

Not beating top sides is also clearly a big issue, however we beat Accrington and last time I looked at the table they could go top when their games in hand are played.

I seem to be making reasonable excuses for PL and co but rest assured in my eyes he needs to go, there have been far too many other issues which were in his control that he has hashed up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 pm

There’s absolutely no progress is there since he took charge. I would expect any half decent manager with the squad we’ve got at this Club to be in that top 6 with ease.

These players , if played in the right formation and combinations should surely be good enough for a top six place ?

Holy
KVY
Chambers
Woolfie
McGuinness
Wilson
Ward
Dozzell
Downes
Bishop
Edwards
Lam
Lankester
Dobra
Sears
Jackson
Norwood
Drinan

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:16 am

With a fully fit squad and those players available you would expect business to take care of itself in this league but you got to keep in mind this is new territory for the club and a number of those involved.

Could be a number of factors why it hasn't worked as it should. Not just the injury issues but perhaps the players and manager got a bit complacent after the fall from Championship level and imagined League One to be something of a breeze. We got found out over time or didn't respect the opposition enough, the requisite answer is harder to find than you can imagine.

If the team were to make it back to second level which is unlikely just how long do you think it would be before a drop back into this league now. The team needs investment, a few proper additions in key areas and most of all a team coach and owner with the best interests of the club evident and someone above competent. Too many deficiencies out there that continue. Promotion is near essential but it'll be short lived without question if things remains as they are.

AylesburyBlue

Post by AylesburyBlue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:13 am

Tinytown wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:30 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:22 pm
Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:21 pm
Well done Alan Judge very good assist from Norwood.

How many times has Andre Dozzell given possession away.
Agreed, a very poor performance from him today
Definitely overated how many assists has he got for all his so called great passing
Welcome back Derrick 👀

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:05 pm

Lol, well if it is he won’t be able to hide his true colours for long . :lol:

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 pm

not sure if this has been mentioned, but I've seen a few reports that some players and PL had a right barney in the tunnel after the game.
Not sure how true it is, but one report did post a picture, but that could be at any time and anyone

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:06 am

Hi KLB, yes that is going the rounds now . I’m not sure this is true though because he was well away from other staff at that game , so why would he be anywhere near the dressing room or corridor leading to it ?

But if it is true , I think we’re in the final hours of his tenure now .

The EADT have posted an article about his ability to deal with pressure and report on his previous jobs prior to joining us. What struck me is his average time at a club as their manager is only about 12 months (only last8ng longer at one Club, Villa, 24months).... so I hope to god Evans pulls that trigger soon and go snd get Paul Cook ( my preference) I’ll get the link and post it in a sec.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... re-6899844
Last edited by hallamblue on Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:21 am

I’ve just listened to the EADT’s podcast ( I think made on Monday) and they’re getting a lot of pressure to officially call for Lambert’s head. But they don’t want to do that yet, based on previously doing that over 10 years ago when the paper was calling for Jim’s head ( and opening the door for Keane). That back-fired disastrously. But the EADT team are receiving quite a lot of criticism from some fans for not calling for Lambert’s sacking. They seem to be very conscious of not sticking the boot in, but you get the impression there’s discontent behind the scenes at PR.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am

I think it’s gaining momentum now tang. IF the players are against him they could force the issue now on the pitch couldn’t they.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 am

My biggest concern is that this will rumble on the rest of the season... until it’s too late.

I can’t see Lambert pulling this back from here. Yes, key players returning will help, but they’d help any manager. And perhaps a better manager would use those players better playing to their strengths. I don’t see any major gamble in getting rid of Lambert as we don’t win games through our tactics or style of play, but through individuals at times taking advantage of poor-standard L1 sides.

If Paul Lambert can only do his job when we have a full quota of players available then he’s not up to much. Does the Accrington manager throw in the towel because he’s got a budget a fraction of what we have?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:58 am

I think a couple more defeats and he’ll be gone. Evans must realise that time is running out this season, and any portends manager must be given a chance to make those play offs. Evans can’t afford to allow us to remain in this division another season. Financially it will be catastrophic for him , and the Club.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:03 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am
I think it’s gaining momentum now tang. IF the players are against him they could force the issue now on the pitch couldn’t they.
That would be unforgivable Liz, whatever your view. And hardly the way to endear yourself to any incoming manager either.

They may or may not like the boss but they are under contract and getting paid a nice income. They should always give their best, even if the tactics that they are instructed to play are not what they consider to be the best.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 pm

As I said on a different thread I think Mr Evans will make a decisive decision at the end of January and not before. I would expect him to be currently looking at suitable replacements and carrying out checks on availability and costs.
The biggest barrier will almost certainly be Lamberts recently signed contract because towns present position in the table is unlikely to have triggered any break clauses.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:41 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:06 pm
As I said on a different thread I think Mr Evans will make a decisive decision at the end of January and not before. I would expect him to be currently looking at suitable replacements and carrying out checks on availability and costs.
The biggest barrier will almost certainly be Lamberts recently signed contract because towns present position in the table is unlikely to have triggered any break clauses.
That’s understandable to an extent and being fair to ME shows him to be someone not to be swayed too easily, but, by then, it could be too late. If this is done at the end of the month, we’ve possibly wasted a transfer window or brought in new players who will play under a new manager. It’s a massive leap of faith for ME in Lambert. He knows Lambert is very unpopular and if Lambert can’t get anything more out of this side, then fans won’t be hanging around and won’t be renewing for the next season.
Whatever PR drive the club puts out - I feel it will fall not only on deaf ears, but expect a lot of derision and vitriol in return.

I have to say that those 4 games postponed over Christmas may have helped players get fit, but they could have also delayed a crucial decision to a really awkward time when the transfer window ends.

Lambert has to deliver from now on. All excuses are used up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:23 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:03 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 am
That would be unforgivable Liz, whatever your view. And hardly the way to endear yourself to any incoming manager either.

They may or may not like the boss but they are under contract and getting paid a nice income. They should always give their best, even if the tactics that they are instructed to play are not what they consider to be the best.
Players time and again have shown their “ power” though DB haven’t they. I agree they should always put 100% in but I don’t think they are sold on PL’ s approach right now