Lambert facing increasing unrest in the dressing room

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambert facing increasing unrest in the dressing room

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:43 pm

...according to this article ....

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... st--report

There was also a post on FB from the SW supporters branch asking for Evans to dispense with Lamberts services ....

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... of-manager

I’d say the pressure is most definitely building within and outside of the Club. It’s just whether Evans will,act. But Lamberts record here at Town ( in what is essentially a result business), is pretty poor and at almost all other Club I’m sure he’d have been shown the door by now. But this is Ipswich isn’t it. The thing that might force Evans hand is the fact that season ticket sales/ renewals will soon be wending there way to supports. Can run that risk of keeping PL in situ if there is such growing unrest ( which I do think there is).
Last edited by hallamblue on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barmy billy

Re: Lambert facing increasing unrest in the dressing room

Post by barmy billy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:43 pm
...according to this article ....

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... st--report

There was also a post on FB from the SW supporters branch asking for Evans to dispense with Lamberts services ....

I’d say the pressure is most definitely building within and outside of the Club. It’s just whether Evans will,act. But Lamberts record here at Town ( in what is essentially a result business), is pretty poor and at almost all other Club I’m sure he’d have been shown the door by now. But this is Ipswich isn’t it. The thing that might force Evans hand is the fact that season ticket sales/ renewals will soon be wending there way to supports. Can run that risk of keeping PL in situ if there is such growing unrest ( which I do think there is).
I think the writing is on the wall and a change inevitable. Sooner rather than later as far as I am concerned.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:44 pm

Here is the latest report from "The Fly on the Wall"....... Whats happening, Buzz?

"Yes, I've been on the wall next to the window over behind Marcus' desk all morning digesting all the "sh*t" I've been listening to and around 11am, his secretary came in with the morning post. Last letter opened looked like a letter from the SW Ipswich supporters branch and I can tell you right now, the waste paper bin now needs emptied. Back to you at the TWTD offices."

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:04 am

No sh*t. I'd imagine one or two on the players roster can't abide him and have real trouble taking out to the field under such inept management. I don't wish him no harm but could see from day one it was unlikely to work and wasn't proved wrong. Thing is he signed a five year extension within the last twelve months, just doesn't stand in keeping to fire his as* after essentially recent negotiation. I don't expect the owner to take any immediate action, have seen it all too often. Lambert will either have the good grace to walk away in May when the team has failed a promotion target or Evans will simply allow it to see out another year on the contract.

Just for the record Paul Lambert's record with us thus far regards league and cup games is :

Played 103
Wins 33
Draws 25
Losses 45

Something of a pattern there, at near every other league outfit he's took charge of the eventual loss ratio exceed the victory percentage. I believe he gets and continues to get employment simply on that successful year or two with Norwich years back. Everything else seems to be crap or sub-standard. Can't wait for him to depart I don't care in which manner it arrives.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am

Paul Cook being mentioned, yes please, get him in all day long.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 pm

Ipswich Town manager Paul Lambert clashes with his players in the dressing room with his job at risk according to reports emerging.

The 51 year old is under growing pressure at the Tractorboys amid a dressing room mutiny, Football Insider have revealed, and now a group of fans are urging him to be sacked.

The club, who sit 8th in the League One table after losing 3-2 against Swindon at the weekend, are considering potential replacements as they weigh up giving him the chop this month.

Sources at Portman Road have told Football Insider that there is growing unrest with relationships between Lambert and some of the senior players are ‘fractured’.

The South West Branch of the Ipswich Town Supporters’ Club calls for manager Paul Lambert to be sacked – see the statement below..

“It is with a heavy heart that the Ipswich Town South West Supporters Branch are calling for Paul Lambert to be replaced as manager.

“Our branch was not formed to make statements like this.

“We are a large group of ITFC exiles based from Swindon down to Cornwall who have collectively followed Ipswich Town for many hundreds of years.

“We have nothing against Paul Lambert personally, and we acknowledge the good work he undertook to reconnect the club with its supporters at the start of his tenure.

“We also have nothing against Marcus Evans’ idea of a long-term plan, or the principle of the club instilling a playing style throughout all its teams. We are, after all, a football club whose reputation was built on playing football the right way. After many years lacking an identity or style, we badly need one.

“Paul Lambert failed to get us challenging for promotion last season and we still fail to be competitive against ‘promotion rivals’ and teams in the upper part of the table. Wins against lower-placed sides are often unconvincing.

“Our possession-based football regularly fails to turn into chances or goals. Despite forcing multiple set pieces in the attacking half, we rarely trouble the opposition keeper. We see little evidence of Paul Lambert instigating a dynamic, high-tempo, tactically sustainable plan on the pitch. The playing style he directs makes us easy to play against and easy to beat. Substitutions are often made too late with the manager seemingly unable or unwilling to react in a timely way to exploit and counter opposition tactical formations.

“Above all, we see a group of very promising young players and some experienced pros – most of whom have spent their careers playing above League One – struggling to sustain a promotion bid at a level the club was last familiar with in the 1950s.

“While blame can also be placed at the door of underperforming players – who need to take their share of responsibility for the club’s current position – and on coaching and training, the club’s playing philosophy is the responsibility of one man and his staff, and that man has to be held accountable.

“The fanbase and the infrastructure are there and our traditionally patient supporters will again rally behind a manager once the team starts going places. Our view, as this season follows the pattern of the last one, is that Paul Lambert is not the man to see that potential realised and Marcus Evans should take decisive action before the financial implications of the League One wage cap is felt to even more effect next season.

“Halfway through our second season in League One, nothing in Paul Lambert’s current plans and in-game management reassure us that he is the right man for the job.

“We urge the owner to act now so that a new manager has time to impose a playing style consistent with a realistic promotion bid.”

It was at the beginning of December that fans were left furious after it was alleged that the manager urged Ipswich Town to ban TWTD (fan forum) legend and great supporter of the club Phil Ham from attending press conferences.

Now the Ipswich manager clashes with players in the dressing room causing tension.

A post was put up by the fan on TWTD.co.uk and it’s caused widespread anger on social media, which you can see below.

The post from ‘Banhammer!’ read: “It is true that PL has banned me from press conferences. I’ve been hoping the matter would be resolved before it became public, although I think it has been mentioned a few times here and there.

“Contrary to suggestions in an earlier thread, its nothing I’ve written but because someone posted the team for the Lincoln game on here on the morning of the match.

“This was reported to the management, Stuart Taylor spoke to me about it after the game, then a few days later at the Gillingham match I was told Paul Lambert had banned me. I’ve had a few chats with people at the club since then but the situation is currently unchanged.

“While I have sympathy for PL not being happy with the team being posted – I am aware that managers don’t like their teams being leaked and have asked posters not to do so previously – I’m not sure how I can be seen as culpable for user content, particularly when it wasn’t brought to my attention when it was first noticed.

“I did subsequently PM the poster involved who apologised to both me and the club, which I relayed.

We have been able to use the material from press conferences even if I’ve not been present and I’ve been grateful for the support of the other members of the local media. Hopefully the matter will be resolved sooner rather than later.”

This was published onto Twitter by BBC Radio Suffolk radio presenter Mark Murphy, who wrote: “This is just not good enough. No clue, no passion. Why so many injuries? Banning a journalist! This is not the @IpswichTown I know.

“… @IpswichTown have taken it upon themselves to ban @twtduk legend and great supporter of @IpswichTown Phil Ham. A journalist doing his job. Come on Town you need the local media, the nationals certainly aren’t interested!”

Fans reacted after seeing that Ipswich manager clashes with players in the dressing room with his job at risk…

@StaroT93: He used to play for Dortmund too if you didn’t know.

@DanthemanCook: Get Danny Cowley or Paul cook in to sort the mess out

@bluesoap627881: Tick tock Mr. Lambert

@ITKDobbo: No smoke without fire

@JamesWhiley: Just get on with it!

@thomas_bowles: #LambertOut

@ArgentMack: Get Mick back!

@RyanLuckhurst: Hes also lost the fans backing #itfc #sirbobby #sirAlf #ibleedblue

@kevstuts77: Can’t happen soon enough

@Smiffy_2010: Worst manager in the clubs history, the facts back this up, totally clueless, just a shame the owner is just as clueless, club is on its knees and happy to just go through the motions absolutely no ambition, once a canary always scum.

@SamChapman76: Please let this be true, please by all that is holy can we sack this utter fraud.

@barnes5072: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE SACK HIM!!!! @IpswichTown #LambertOut

@muccletonjoe: It is time, actually it’s way past time for Lambert. I don’t think many other clubs would still be paying him.

@KJ_77: Please please sack him for the good of our club, we are going nowhere but downwards under him #itfc

@The_MS9: How did I not realise Paul Lambert has only won 33 games in 101??? That is awful…

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:13 pm

It is certainly looking and sounding like Lambert is on his way out.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:13 pm
It is certainly looking and sounding like Lambert is on his way out.
We can but hope. If he isn't I fear relegation will look more of a reality. 33 wins in 101 is truly shocking.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:37 pm

Well if there is any truth about senior players clashing with Lambert - that could be it. The senior players did for Hursty.

Lambert has appeared to favour the senior players so, if true, then he would have lost his most trusted players. But the source - Footballer Insider - how reliable is that?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:43 pm

If there is no truth in it, then expect a formal either video clip or letter from Mevans.

If there is nothing from Mevans in the next 48hrs, then there will no doubt be some truth to it.

As you say, Tangfastic, very interested to know who he's clashing with if its the seniors.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:54 pm

What’s weird is the club’s official website had that strange post- match interview with Woolfy. It wasn’t necessarily a ‘f*ck you’ to Lambert, but it was open to interpretation. I’m surprised they put it on their website. They usually just feed positivity and give a “we’ll get it right next time” vibe.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 pm

Unless I've missed it, it seems like Chambers has been rather quiet of late. Isn't he usually the cheer leader when times are hard?

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 pm
Unless I've missed it, it seems like Chambers has been rather quiet of late. Isn't he usually the cheer leader when times are hard?
Maybe everyone’s keeping their head down hoping it will go away.

But as Marko said, usually when there’s a bit of drama, that’s when ME and/or O’Neill put out some statement.

Or they’re waiting for us to beat bottom-place Burton so they can say we’re back on track.

It does feel a bit quiet though.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:48 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:58 am
Paul Cook being mentioned, yes please, get him in all day long.
After 3 failed Pauls, am beginning to think their association with ITFC is like that of Salad Cream to a Roast beef dinner, just not right! However, surely one day a Paul and Ipswich will be the perfect match! :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm

Whilst I would welcome PLs departure, I not sure this reported bust up has any substance to it . The reason I say that is PL has been very unwell apparently with CoVid. On Saturday he was sat isolated and wrapped up like a mummy , communicating via radio to the bench . That says to me he’s isolating ( or staying away from the players / staff anyway), so surely a physical confrontation in the corridor or changing room would appear unlikely . What do people think ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:50 pm
The reason I say that is PL has been very unwell apparently with CoVid. On Saturday he was sat isolated and wrapped up like a mummy , communicating via radio to the bench.

What do people think ?
Tell you EXACTLY what I think. He's a fkn law breaker! Sitting in Portman Road with the scabby Covid??

SACK THAT BSTD NOW!

-----------------
Bench: "Hi Paul. Any instructions?"
Mummy Lambo: "Aye. Take Norwood back off and put Tomas Holy up front. Hopefully we get some corners."

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Pmsl :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Evans publicly reaffirms his support for under fire Paul Lambert......

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... rt-6900592

Oh well, that ITFC screwed then.......🙄

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Yes, that was always going to happen.

Makes me think it’s all sh*te. Players are ok with Lambert and ARE playing for him.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:38 pm

We got the Evans support for both MM and Hurst not long before they were sacked, wouldn't worry about that too much

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:35 pm
Evans publicly reaffirms his support for under fire Paul Lambert......

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... rt-6900592

Oh well, that ITFC screwed then.......🙄
Yeah Evan's has already stated his position in December as far as Lambert is concerned. The only way Lambert leaves sooner rather than later is if he quits. I just wonder though are we all being a little harsh on Lambert? We have had ridiculous injuries and I'm sure the Covid protocols haven't helped. I don't think any other club in league one has had the same amount of injuries to starters.

With that said, Lambert has to figure it out and start winning quickly. I'd say the next game needs to be a win, and the next, and the next if the fans are ever to get behind Lambert again. Of course, any support will only last until we lose again. :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:47 pm
I just wonder though are we all being a little harsh on Lambert?
No
number 9 wrote:
Lambert has to figure it out and start winning quickly.
Yes

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:25 pm

We are doomed.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:53 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 pm
number 9 wrote:
I just wonder though are we all being a little harsh on Lambert?
No
number 9 wrote:
Lambert has to figure it out and start winning quickly.
Yes
:lol: :lol: ....unfortunately Lambo has plausible deniability with the injuries and CoVid effects of fixtures right now. But over the next month, I’d say he has no hiding place if results don’t pick up.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:26 pm

Lambert: “ We were really good, I couldn’t ask for more”

Chambers: “ We weren’t good enough. It’s not acceptable for this Club”

Now you tell me if Lambert has the players backing ? Because I don’t think he does . Woolfie had already been dropped for saying his bit s couple of games ago .... I doubt

Chambers won’t be dropped (we don’t have a sodding back up RB now do we! ), He was playing for his new club, Fleetwood today, and got a 7.5 player rating!

Lambert is clueless, absolutely bloody clueless.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:22 am

Couldn't ask for more !! f**king idiot, just p*ss off out of club, say what you like about Chambers, and yes he was poor yesterday but at least he's honest, says it as it is and always speaks the truth.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:22 pm

I think it’s possibly a pivotal point Mike ( yes I know probably wishful thinking on my part ... and many others )

For the Club captain to come out and say the complete opposite of his manager is for almost a challenge ( undoubtedly to the players , but I can’t help thinking he’s going out on a limb now). Has he done this because behind the scenes things are hitting up for Lambert ?

I honestly don’t know . But we’ve seen this so many times under Evans ownership. It just feels like here we go again ....

Andym

Post by Andym » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 pm

I think we might be reading too much into it. A player on the losing side can say pork other than we weren’t good enough. The manager on the other hand protects his players from criticism. Yes, he should be more honest but I bet he was more critical of the players too to their faces.

Similarly people comment on Woolfenden grin dropped after similar comments. But let’s be honest, he was dropped because he’s not played well.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46 pm

Andym wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 pm
I think we might be reading too much into it. A player on the losing side can say pork other than we weren’t good enough. The manager on the other hand protects his players from criticism. Yes, he should be more honest but I bet he was more critical of the players too to their faces.

Similarly people comment on Woolfenden grin dropped after similar comments. But let’s be honest, he was dropped because he’s not played well.
Tend to agree with that. Woolfenden hadn’t been playing well and there’s no evidence he’s been dropped for his comments. And Chambers tends to say stuff like this all the time - we’ve heard it a million times. And that muppet Lambert isn’t saying anything different- he’s always said we played really well when we’re sh*t. Just typical ITFC bollocks.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:42 pm

I agree about Woolfy being dropped because quite simply, he isn't very good