Chelsea sack Frank Lampard....

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Chelsea sack Frank Lampard....

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:19 pm

... maybe he’d come here for free given the huge compensation payment he’ll have received. Even before Lampards sacking Abramovich has spent £110 million on sacked manager compensation payments,

number 9

Re: Chelsea sack Frank Lampard....

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:32 pm

Lampard couldn't get the job done with a two-hundred-million-pound squad. I can only imagine how he'd do with a two-hundred-pound squad. :lol:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:41 pm

We should have a decent enough squad to get out of this league, without spending a lot of money, they just need managing, coaching, motivating and learning how to get fit and stay fit. Throw in some tactical nous and a few quid for a striker and it shouldn’t be too difficult. Our problem is that Lambert is clueless in almost every department and has destroyed the players self belief both individually and collectively. Lampard as a replacement isn’t at all realistic, that was a comment made in jest as an aside to his sacking.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:56 pm

Yes I figured you were joking, Charny. I do wonder where Lampard will end up next, though.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Personally I wouldn’t want him here . He’s a big time Charlie , who hasn’t got a scooby doo about playing the game in the third division . He’s used to rolls Royces not reliant robins . He’s used to deal with big financial backers ( he won’t get either of that at this club) .

We need a manager that has experience at this level , and know what this league is all about and of operating on bugger all funds . That’s where we’re at right .

Lampard does not fit .....

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:17 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:56 pm
Personally I wouldn’t want him here . He’s a big time Charlie , who hasn’t got a scooby doo about playing the game in the third division . He’s used to rolls Royces not reliant robins . He’s used to deal with big financial backers ( he won’t get either of that at this club) .

We need a manager that has experience at this level , and know what this league is all about and of operating on bugger all funds . That’s where we’re at right .

Lampard does not fit .....
Agree Lampard comes across as another Roy Keane or Glen Hoddle Etc, great footballers who thought they could be managers, but who couldn't grasp or understand it that most footballers cant do the things they could and would never be able to.
Also he couldn't do much with Derby County and that's with all there money,

I cant see much happening with the Town until this dreadful virus has gone and get back to some sort of normal. Clubs like the Town will return, sooner than later lets hope,

Hope you and the family are keeping safe Lis,

Regards from a very happy clapper :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:25 am

Why’s this thread stuck? Who gives a fk about Chelski or Lampard? 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

I hope ibramovich offloads the club to a Mevans type and they crash and burn!!!

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:21 pm

He was interviewed for the job pre Paul hurst we are led to believe, did not take the job due to "NO BUDGET"? Well he had a budget at Chelski and succumbe in the end. Money does not buy success, unless you were Jack Walker who bought the premership title for Blackburn.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:43 pm

With the right management team, money can definitely buy success, you only have to look back over recent years and see Manchester City and Chelsea’s dominance of the Premier League.

As for Frank Lampard, I think he will make the grade as a Manager, unfortunately the Chelsea opportunity came far too soon for him.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:43 pm
With the right management team, money can definitely buy success, you only have to look back over recent years and see Manchester City and Chelsea’s dominance of the Premier League.
I agree. It doesn't guarantee success but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to achieve.

I've always felt most managers come into two categories; those who can manage with lots of money to spend and those that can manage on a tight budget. Very few can do both.

Oh, and a third category: those who can't do either.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm
Charnwood wrote:
I agree. It doesn't guarantee success but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to achieve.

I've always felt most managers come into two categories; those who can manage with lots of money to spend and those that can manage on a tight budget. Very few can do both.

I wonder which category Paul Lambert fits ? Mmmmm’ let me think about it 🤔

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:18 pm

Andym wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:28 pm
Charnwood wrote:

Andy I agree but very few actually get the chance to do both, A very good example is Mick McCarthy. managed all his career with no money or just loose change compared to the big boys. At the Wolves; with 30 million he made us the most exciting team I had seen playing in the Old Gold Shirt for a long while,won the league title and kept us in the Premier for 3 seasons,

At the Town; with just 10k he got you to the play offs and just managed to keep them in the Championship.
At Sunderland; with 20 million he got them to the Premier playing great football.

I wonder what he could achieve with what Chelsea, Liverpool, United, City spend,
I think his 2 reigns as the Eire manager and their amazing achievements answers all the questions.

Link to some interesting stuff
https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/ind ... hy.414034/

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:19 pm

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Yes I figured you were joking, Charny. I do wonder where Lampard will end up next, though.
Please not here,when he was at Derby he left out Jack marriott,he than went on to join Peterborough & scored for fun,yes another clueless Kean.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:33 pm

Magicmark wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:19 pm
number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:56 pm
Please not here,when he was at Derby he left out Jack marriott,he than went on to join Peterborough & scored for fun,yes another clueless Kean.
I didn't want him here when his name was being thrown about before Hurst took over. In hindsight though, he probably wouldn't have done worse than Hurst. :lol: As if Evan's could afford Lampard's salary anyway! He never should of got the Chelsea job to begin with. I'm not saying he won't turn out to be a top manager, but he's got a long way to go.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:55 pm

Tba with the money Chelski have even I could do a good job there :lol: