Town vs Posh on Tuesday?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Town vs Posh on Tuesday?

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:14 am

I wonder what the realistic chances are of this game going ahead with the Beast from the East II now taking a grip over East Anglia? I know Peterborough is on the furthest edge of this weather front coming in , but they reportedly don’t have a brilliant pitch anyway.

Would we want this important game to go ahead in bad conditions, or have it postponed and be added to our backlog of games?

Andym

Re: Town vs Posh on Tuesday?

Post by Andym » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:30 am

I think we wI'll know more later today.

The pitch situation is worrying. Our pitch looked poor yesterday, and some prem pitches look worn too, guess it's a combination of so much wet weather recently and a compressed season meaning more games in a short time.

At the moment my guess is that a frozen pitch might be more of a threat than snow - now I've said that, expect 2 foot of snow in Peterborough!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:14 pm

:lol: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:14 am
Would we want this important game to go ahead in bad conditions, or have it postponed and be added to our backlog of games?
That's a really good question. I think maybe I'd rather the game is postponed, so our new loans have a bit more time to settle.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:56 pm

Settle? :lol: Jaysus H! Maybe get a group chat session in the hot tub? Get their pampered arses ready for playing football?

No, the only reason the game should be cancelled is if conditions are likely to cause injuries. Not that Ipswich Town has a history of injury prone players!

Getting out again QUICK after Blackpool can only be a very good thing........, praying its on. 👌👍

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:38 pm

I think if Town can get a win against any of the top six, it’ll get that 🐒 off their backs , and we’ll go forward with a lot of confidence.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:44 pm

These players receive thousands of pounds a week for ninety minutes 'work'. One little weather front coming in and people start sh*tting themselves.
Raised and lived in parts of the world where real blizzards and adverse weather occurs often, you got in tame in the UK. Players need to tough up a bit, get out there and do their job. No crowd to 'risk' the elements, just the players in question to do their hour and a half's task and attempt what's asked of them. Risk of injuries, only if you go out looking for it or recklessness on the field. Last I saw we had more players on the roster than you could imagine, guess you could chance a few.

Didn't we play some Polish team once in the UEFA Cup and the conditions were say what some could label hazardous, today it'd be unlikely to go ahead although that was out in Poland back then not at Portman Road. Although more recent a big win over Leicester in snowy conditions you can recall, surprised it went ahead. Couldn't have done the players much harm then as believe we won 3 - 0, proceed as before as it may just go our way once more.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:05 pm

You make a good point, Saint but your thinking is dependent ONLY on everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, ie, "going out NOT to be reckless".
Some stupid f*cker will ALWAYS slide in one or two footed in the snow / ice. Its the nature of it unfortunately.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:12 pm

Posh confident game will go ahead... apparently.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... te-7312076

Sounds like the pitch could freeze during the game.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:25 pm

Hmmmm I'll be very surprised if it does go ahead to be honest.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:45 pm

can see it starting but then being called off due to pitch freezing once the covers are off.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:26 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:45 pm
can see it starting but then being called off due to pitch freezing once the covers are off.
Really? That is 70s/80s nonsense is it not?

60s, you play regardless.

But I’d have thought in this day and age, they’d be able to tell if a surface is going to freeze witn the met office reports?
Seems crazy. People (staff) all making very unnecessary trips.

Hopefully it’s on though with a 90 minute (+ 3 days injury time) thawed scenario.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:31 pm

If Ipswich play some sizzling football, it will thaw the pitch out in no time. :wink:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:29 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:26 pm
hallamblue wrote:

But I’d have thought in this day and age, they’d be able to tell if a surface is going to freeze witn the met office reports?

Hopefully it’s on though with a 90 minute (+ 3 days injury time) thawed scenario.
You’d think they’d know wouldn’t you. Posh seem very confident though don’t they.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:29 pm
marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:26 pm
hallamblue wrote:

You’d think they’d know wouldn’t you. Posh seem very confident though don’t they.
If you pay up for iFollow.... do you get a refund if it’s called off?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:39 pm

I'd like to know that too

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:16 pm

You’d think so wouldn’t you........( doesn’t hold breath)

I suppose the trick is , not to sign up to iFollow until last minute!