Season tickets

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Andym

Season tickets

Post by Andym » Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:25 pm

Ok, I know I’m a born pessimist.
But I can’t see us getting back into PR this season.
I’m far from convinced that we will next season either. If we do, I think it will be with very reduced capacity (msybe 2000 again) and won’t be forthe entire season. The current mutations appear to render the vaccine pretty ineffective at preventing infection and it’ll be down to Boris (god help us) to decide whether we can allow the virus to spread throughout the whole community with a lower risk of severe infection and death.

Assuming we don’t get back to PR this season, I wonder how many current season ticket holders will renew.

Tangfastic

Re: Season tickets

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:16 pm

I think apart from the COVID issue, you’d have to factor in the ongoing Lambert in/out situation and the general negativity around the club, too.

If things don’t improve on the field I would expect a massive drop in ST sales irrespective of COVID.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:23 pm

I will always renew, one its in the blood and Two I certainly don't want to lose my prime seat in North lower, its a fab seat.

I think from what I am understanding its a few simple tweaks to the current vaccine which are required to counter the new strains so I am ever hopeful that certainly next season we will return to Portman Road at some point. The Lambert thing will eventually resolve one way or another, we achieve some level of success and he stays or we fail to make top six and he goes.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:33 pm

The pandemic issue takes precedence however to focus on team performance and ambition alone you got to understand there will be a considerable level of uncertainty and tentative steps as to where the immediate future lies. Blackpool was encouraging but one score alone will not turn a season.

At times you almost expected Lambert to be terminated at any point, next week his job seems secure. I accept the season is over, barring some amazing run of form and improvement we've missed out again. Attendance at Portman Road whether it's possible or not is not an attractive proposition right now, many will want value and entertainment for the cost of a season's viewing, often we don't - or can't - provide it.

If there were no ongoing virus issue, a different manager, one with visions and ambition, and an owner to go with it, I'd jump at the chance to purchase a ticket if it were possible as would a great many. Even before the virus took hold we'd only fill PR to half-capacity often enough, Yes there were times on occasion there'd be the allowed 30,000 but instances were in truth very few and far between.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:46 pm

Are you meaning possibly no football season 22/23 either, AndyM? Jeez. You serious?

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:09 pm

If I still lived in the Ipswich area, I'd renew every season if I could afford it. As far as the virus is concerned, I think it's time it f*cked off!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:26 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:23 pm
I will always renew, one its in the blood and Two I certainly don't want to lose my prime seat in North lower, its a fab seat.

I think from what I am understanding its a few simple tweaks to the current vaccine which are required to counter the new strains so I am ever hopeful that certainly next season we will return to Portman Road at some point. The Lambert thing will eventually resolve one way or another, we achieve some level of success and he stays or we fail to make top six and he goes.
You forgot to add, and I need to stand near my football buddy HallamBlue !

I personally think we will be back at PR for next season......

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:41 pm

That too me old mucker

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:15 pm

Ha ha not the response I’d thought I’d get from you... :lol: cheers munchkin 🍻👍

rossi

Post by rossi » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:31 pm

Given the way the vaccination program is going, I find it impossible to believe that football match attendance will still be banned or restricted in any way come August

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:57 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:46 pm
Are you meaning possibly no football season 22/23 either, AndyM? Jeez. You serious?
I think it's a possibility. The vaccine and virus will play cat and mouse for years - the virus will change, the vaccine will be adapted, the virus will change etc etc. The same as flu. The main difference is the covid is much more easily transmitted, meaning that even if it only kills 0.1% of those infected, it's still a hell of a lot of people. The current vaccine will probably cope for now, limiting all but the South African variant, which then by definition will become the dominant strain.

As I say, I'm a pessimist. COVID is here for decades if not for ever - it's just a case of whether it mutates into something less deadly.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 am

CoVid will always be here now. It will be incorporated into the annual vaccination programme , just like flu currently is. It’s just another virus, albeit more infectious, and deadly.

Andym

Post by Andym » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:26 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:54 am
CoVid will always be here now. It will be incorporated into the annual vaccination programme , just like flu currently is. It’s just another virus, albeit more infectious, and deadly.
Definitely. As you say it's more infectious and more deadly. And unlike flu it poses a significant risk all year round (although less so in the summer). The vaccine can only chase new variants though - the new variant has to exist first. They are talking about boosters in the autumn to counteract the current variants - so it' s always playing catchup, about 4-6months behind. That's relatively easy with flu, which affects very few people for 8 months of the year. Whatever happens, whether we get 2000 back in August, or a full stadium (well, 9000?), I think there will be some future lockdowns for a few years (or more). I can't see a time when there will be unlimited attendance for a whole season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:56 am

Does anybody know how I am supposed to spend my discount vouchers from last seasons ST refund when the damn shop is closed, I am not allowed out and you can't spend them online ?? Expirey date is May.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Andym wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:26 am
hallamblue wrote:
Definitely. As you say it's more infectious and more deadly. And unlike flu it poses a significant risk all year round (although less so in the summer). The vaccine can only chase new variants though - the new variant has to exist first. They are talking about boosters in the autumn to counteract the current variants - so it' s always playing catchup, about 4-6months behind. That's relatively easy with flu, which affects very few people for 8 months of the year. Whatever happens, whether we get 2000 back in August, or a full stadium (well, 9000?), I think there will be some future lockdowns for a few years (or more). I can't see a time when there will be unlimited attendance for a whole season.

Don’t bank on it being less infectious in the summer Andy, it’s rife here in Spain with current temperatures circa 20° and in the Caribbean where its high 20’s all year round. Our best hope is when 80% of the population has been vaccinated but even then there will be new variants all the time causing havoc.

Andym

Post by Andym » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:28 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:06 pm
Andym wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:26 am
hallamblue wrote:

Don’t bank on it being less infectious in the summer Andy, it’s rife here in Spain with current temperatures circa 20° and in the Caribbean where its high 20’s all year round. Our best hope is when 80% of the population has been vaccinated but even then there will be new variants all the time causing havoc.
Yes, that's why I think a season of unrestricted crowds is very unlikely for 21-22. I think a lot depends on the nature of new variants. They are likely to be highly contagious and the successful/dominant variants will manage to bypass the vaccine. The hope is that they will also become less dangerous in terms of severe illness/death. I believe that is how it will end up - but not for a few years yet. Until then we will continue to have some restrictions on our lives. It remains to be seen how severe these restrictions will need to be.