Peterborough United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Can we back up Saturdays result?

Posh Win
30%
Town Win
30%
Draw
40%

Total votes: 10

ipswichtownNo1

Re: Peterborough United vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:21 pm

:lol: :lol: that made me chuckle on radio Suffolk...." I run chantry grasshoppers under 9s, I'd love to have two game at Portman Road, I'd turn it around" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats cheered me up no end

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 pm

ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:21 pm
:lol: :lol: that made me chuckle on radio Suffolk...." I run chantry grasshoppers under 9s, I'd love to have two game at Portman Road, I'd turn it around" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats cheered me up no end
Do you know what? I would love to see it cos he could not do any worse (and to be fair is probably a netter option that my labrador) 😂

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 pm

Yes they mentioned that at the weekend : this team just cannot / is unable to take maximum points off any opposition above us in the league. We play one of the 'bigger' names in the league standing, lo and behold it's a loss, or one point if you're lucky.

Primary blame lies with the manager. Something drastically wrong at this club, has been for some considerable time. Consensus is you know what or where the root problem lies but we're stuck with the same sh*t inept ownership for the foreseeable future. And when or if Lambert goes, what then ? With Evans it'll just be much of the same. It's a shame really it is but can't see much in the way of change let alone optimism in the time ahead.

TWTD mentions Paul Lambert has declined to comment post-game. I'd do it for you but the censors would close in quick..

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:30 pm

Blue Wilf wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 pm
ipswichtownNo1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:21 pm
Do you know what? I would love to see it cos he could not do any worse (and to be fair is probably a netter option that my labrador) 😂
Yeah hats off to him, I'm not mocking him. At least he shows passion unlike lambert and at least he talks to the media, unlike lambert ( unless they win!)

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:33 pm

Lambert and Taylor are funking deluded Taylor starts off saying we deserved more from the game...........
WE ARE NOT f**king IDIOTS WE CAN SEE THE MATCH ONLINE, BE FUCKIN HONEST. TOTAL c*cks

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:35 pm

Brenner not asking the questions probably due to a threat of a ban from itfc

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 pm

“We deserved to get something out of the game.”

We did get something out of the game. What we deserved. Beaten

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:38 pm

Just heard Taylor say that ( gutless Lambert doing another hide and seek post match interview no show). Taylor is living in cloud cuckoo land isn’t he .

We have absolutely no chance with these two clowns 🤡 at the helm.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:44 pm

Players brainwashed too.... dozzell. .." they weren't better than us" clubs a joke from top to bottom

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:50 pm

Think if everyone was to sit down and have a serious discussion, we'd find out that the biggest nightmare tonight was not predicting Norwood to score.

Fat Greggs bstd

HASHTAG:LAMBCUT-LET-ITHAPPEN

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:39 am

marko69 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:50 pm
Think if everyone was to sit down and have a serious discussion, we'd find out that the biggest nightmare tonight was not predicting Norwood to score.

Fat Greggs bstd

HASHTAG:LAMBCUT-LET-ITHAPPEN
Hmm, as your TB cup opponent, substitute "dream" for "nightmare" :lol: . Though as mentioned earlier, I do share your frustration on that point.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 am

saint jude wrote:
Yes they mentioned that at the weekend : this team just cannot / is unable to take maximum points off any opposition above us in the league. We play one of the 'bigger' names in the league standing, lo and behold it's a loss, or one point if you're lucky.

Primary blame lies with the manager. Something drastically wrong at this club, has been for some considerable time. Consensus is you know what or where the root problem lies but we're stuck with the same sh*t inept ownership for the foreseeable future. And when or if Lambert goes, what then ? With Evans it'll just be much of the same. It's a shame really it is but can't see much in the way of change let alone optimism in the time ahead.

TWTD mentions Paul Lambert has declined to comment post-game. I'd do it for you but the censors would close in quick..
Saint, Town haven’t taken a single point off any of the top 6 clubs in any of the games under Lamberts reign. Not one point.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 am

And the usual " a draw would have been a fair result " bullshit, do they honestly think we are all bloody stupid ? I have woken up more pissed off than when I went to bed.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:51 am

I’ve woken up frankly depressed and feeling helpless regarding this Club now. I just want Evans to bloody act!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:58 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:37 am
saint jude wrote:

Saint, Town haven’t taken a single point off any of the top 6 clubs in any of the games under Lamberts reign. Not one point.
To be totally correct - it’s just this season that we haven’t got any points from the top six or seven. It’s pretty sobering stats whatever. We beat Fleetwood last year - go Lambo :)
From the EADT:
Ipswich simply cannot beat the top sides in this very average division. That’s a long-running theme. Now they can’t even draw against them.

They’ve played the current top seven – Lincoln, Hull, Peterborough, Portsmouth, Doncaster, Charlton and Sunderland – nine times in total this season and not claimed a single point.

It’s terrible stats. Even if we were a club who were content to be a lower mid table side and we’d just be happy to just stay in this division you’d expect to pick up the odd point or win against a top side.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 am

Ah thanks for that Tang .

Evans can never be accused of not supporting his managers can he. But his lack of action boarders on negligence now .

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:14 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:00 am
Ah thanks for that Tang .

Evans can never be accused of not supporting his managers can he. But his lack of action boarders on negligence now .
If we’re trying to be kind to Evans - he’s been very supportive to Lambert and continually stuck his hand in his pocket to bankroll Lambert. But I have no idea what Evans sees in Lambert and his management.

Yet we’ll win against Shrewsbury and it will be the same old mantra that we’re still in touch.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:54 pm

What really infuriates me is he dropped two of our best defensive players from Saturdays win in Matheson and Kenlock for bloody Chambers and Ward WTF is the matter with Lambert, he has to bloody tinker with the team selection, let me get this right, is he sh*t scared to drop Chambers and Ward have they got some kind of hold on him.

if anyone on here has any grand ideas of a playoff place think again, the up and coming fixture list does not bode well for many points to be won, in fact if he persists to keep playing Chambers and Ward then I can see us finishing in and around 17th place.

But if he decides to get his wee Scottish pea sized brain into gear and puts Matheson and Kenlock back in, drops Ward and Chambers to the bench, puts Downes deep just in front of the back 4, to break up any central attacks, keeps Bishop, Dozzel, orchestrating the midfield, Edwards, Parrott, Thomas up top, we must try to maintain width to our game and stop bloody hoof ball tactics, and we will succeed in winning more games.

Subs From: Cornell, Wilson, Chambers, Judge, Norwood, Drinan, Harrop,

:wink: Also I would love to be able to run the team for a few weeks and get that winning mentality back in the squad.

And the overall squad needs trimming its too heavy at 22 + cut it to a manageable number 17 max. that would stop Scumbert from tinkering :twisted: :twisted: