When do you think Evans will sack the hapless Lambert?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

Re: When do you think Evans will sack the hapless Lambert?

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:31 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:13 pm
Absolutely spot on, I posted during the game last night how dirty we have become, cynical at times.
Absolutely Correct BM, and the reason they are getting dirty tackle tactics is all down to frustration and mental attitude being instilled into them, The players can see Lambert hasn't got a clue about team motivation or organisation.

And his side kick Taylor is as thick as two 6" planks coming out with oh we deserved a draw, Yeh like F**K we did.

Also it would p*ss me right off if I'd played well only to be dropped for a couple of OAP's :twisted: that in itself is a down right F*****G insult and degrading the players dropped for no reason.

Lambert should have kept the same side that beat Blackpool, then if any changes are to be made as the game progresses it would be more acceptable to the incumbents being replaced, BUT oh no not F*****G Lambert has to tinker and that's the F*****G result he deserved, and if the players have got any bollocks they would say to Lambert what the F*****G hell goes on your wee brained head boss, Its up to Chambers as Captain to F*****G bollock Lambert and show him what harm he's doing to the squad mentally and motivation wise, unless of course Chambers is an Arse licker and accepts Lamberts crazy team selection ideas so long as he's in the team, yes boss no boss three bags full boss.

As Liz has stated our next 3 games Shrewsbury, Oxford. (Northampton No manager), and if we lose these then Marcus Evans should drag Lambert in and sack him and Taylor, and look for someone like Paul Cook to bring in, someone who can right the wrongs that dumb arse Lambert has caused, and bring back that winning mentality that's missing within the ranks of the squad at present.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:02 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:05 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Absolutely spot on, I posted during the game last night how dirty we have become, cynical at times.
Is this frustration by the players or is it coached into them perhaps? I couldn’t believe the number of fouls we were commuting or being pulled up for. We never used to be a dirty side. I don’t we are now especially, just bloody clumsy.
I don’t think we’re a very physical side, and I wonder if it’s a case of frustration because we’re often bullied and out-muscled. Dozzell’s the worst offender- he can’t tackle, but he’s always picking up cards for sneaky, professional fouls when he’s beaten.

Having said were not a dirty side , I would say that out of all of our players, the one player who think does have it in him to "go over the top" in a tackle is Downes. He did it on Tuesday night I think if memory serves me right?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:09 pm

I think we are a dirty side these days, so many needless tackles and a fair few very cynical for me.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:19 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:02 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:05 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Is this frustration by the players or is it coached into them perhaps? I couldn’t believe the number of fouls we were commuting or being pulled up for. We never used to be a dirty side. I don’t we are now especially, just bloody clumsy.
I don’t think we’re a very physical side, and I wonder if it’s a case of frustration because we’re often bullied and out-muscled. Dozzell’s the worst offender- he can’t tackle, but he’s always picking up cards for sneaky, professional fouls when he’s beaten.

Having said were not a dirty side , I would say that out of all of our players, the one player who think does have it in him to "go over the top" in a tackle is Downes. He did it on Tuesday night I think if memory serves me right?
Yes, he can, but he’s also one of the few players we’ve got who can legally Out-muscle other players. Jackson isn’t what I feel is a physical type, but his tackle was the worst all season. Edwards got to 10 bookings last season and I wouldn’t call him a physical player. Dozzells going the same way. Just feel it’s frustration mostly.
I wouldn’t say we are a dirty side as the real dirty sides usually are smart enough to get away with the dark arts stuff. We’re a bit naive in that regard.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:28 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Thanks for posting that , Mike. Hopefully many more will jump onboard with what needs to happen to get things moving in the right direction.
He touched on things that will appeal to everyone, ie, “at least play entertaining football”, something AndyM has been voicing since the Mick days.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:48 am

I wish I hadn’t listened to that, it actually paints a picture a few notches worse than the one I already in my head. To be honest if the truth is even 90% of that I’m done, at least until one of Lambert/Evans is gone, preferably both of them although I’m realistic enough to accept that Evans is almost impossible to replace.

I love my football so much it pains me following Town for the first time in my life, and I think what hurts most is that neither Lambert or Evans appear to REALLY CARE, to one we’re just another football club, and to the other just another arm to his business empire.

Well I’ve decided this morning for my sanity I’ll follow my second club for a while which is currently Liverpool, I know this is also painful at the moment as they struggle to find some decent form but at least the owners, management and players care and are passionate about putting it right.

Oh sh*t, they’re playing Leicester at lunchtime, my wife’s home team and my last home city for many years before moving to Spain, maybe I’m safer sticking with Town for the time being.

COYB’s, a surprise win at Shrewsbury maybe.🤔 I guess it will always be the first result I look out for, sadly it’s in my blood.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Extremely painful & depressing to listen to.

I know us forum fans rant on about things, but when you hear such a scathing outsiders view it really does become hard to take. Unwatchable, dirty, etc, the superlatives go on and on..

What will it take to get rid of Lambert before we sink even lower?

Very, very sad to read about your own club.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:26 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:48 am
Well I’ve decided this morning for my sanity I’ll follow my second club for a while which is currently Liverpool, I know this is also painful at the moment as they struggle to find some decent form but at least the owners, management and players care and are passionate about putting it right.
I think i'd be seriously rethinking that one Charnwood. Like you said in the paragraph previous, quote, "Evans & lambert don't care"......., I think that calls for fans to care MORE. Not a good time to jump off the sinking ship.
That is why I will never EVER completely berate fans who are easily annoyed......, ok, some may be twats but there is a deep rooted passion there for things to be taken seriously and keep on being competitive. MANY years ago, I had a couple of buddies who were so annoyed at Hibernian, they started attending Meadowbank Thistle games. Then they claimed to be part of the "Alex Miller" removal campaign. "NO YOU WEREN'T! YOU JUMPED SHIP!"

So........., in a nutshell, Charny.......... F U C K Liverpool!! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:16 pm

Yeah, sack Liverpool, Charnwood......, theyre sh*t. :lol:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:31 pm

Don't even keep eye on what occurs in the EPL anymore. Its a place where this team is unlikely to be any time soon and over run with money and commercial extravagance. Wish Liverpool every misfortune but guess they could well win another title. Leicester won't do it again but they did take the championship some four five years back. Every dog has its day but you got to realize a repeat is so unlikely its hard to even put it back into words.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:03 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:31 pm
Don't even keep eye on what occurs in the EPL anymore. Its a place where this team is unlikely to be any time soon and over run with money and commercial extravagance. Wish Liverpool every misfortune but guess they could well win another title. Leicester won't do it again but they did take the championship some four five years back. Every dog has its day but you got to realize a repeat is so unlikely its hard to even put it back into words.
You may want to check the Leicester v Liverpool result today, Saint.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:06 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:03 pm
saint jude wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:31 pm
You may want to check the Leicester v Liverpool result today, Saint.
Must keep at least one eye on the EPL......., Everton? Can't attend a cup final supporting a club and remember it with pride breaking Elton Johns heart, ......., and then stop checking in on them? Makes no sense.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:52 pm

Shed on tour wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:15 pm
I don't think he will consider getting rid of him at least until it is mathematically impossible to make the playoffs.
What worries me just as much is who he appoints next given his past record.
So who would you appoint and who do you think would want the Ipswich job?
Easy to call for Lambert out but not wholly convinced about who of any stature would want it.
It was all going to be better once MM was binned. That worked out well?
Not saying Lambert is doing well at the moment either. Not easy position for Evans

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:59 pm

Crikey your not seriously giving these guys credibilty.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:13 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:31 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Absolutely Correct BM, and the reason they are getting dirty tackle tactics is all down to frustration and mental attitude being instilled into them, The players can see Lambert hasn't got a clue about team motivation or organisation.

And his side kick Taylor is as thick as two 6" planks coming out with oh we deserved a draw, Yeh like F**K we did.

Also it would p*ss me right off if I'd played well only to be dropped for a couple of OAP's :twisted: that in itself is a down right F*****G insult and degrading the players dropped for no reason.

Lambert should have kept the same side that beat Blackpool, then if any changes are to be made as the game progresses it would be more acceptable to the incumbents being replaced, BUT oh no not F*****G Lambert has to tinker and that's the F*****G result he deserved, and if the players have got any bollocks they would say to Lambert what the F*****G hell goes on your wee brained head boss, Its up to Chambers as Captain to F*****G bollock Lambert and show him what harm he's doing to the squad mentally and motivation wise, unless of course Chambers is an Arse licker and accepts Lamberts crazy team selection ideas so long as he's in the team, yes boss no boss three bags full boss.

As Liz has stated our next 3 games Shrewsbury, Oxford. (Northampton No manager), and if we lose these then Marcus Evans should drag Lambert in and sack him and Taylor, and look for someone like Paul Cook to bring in, someone who can right the wrongs that dumb arse Lambert has caused, and bring back that winning mentality that's missing within the ranks of the squad at present.
Why would Paul Cook take Ipswich job. His stock is high and he will wait for a Championship job. I think there needs to be a bit of realism on here

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:45 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:59 pm
About as much as I give you.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:04 am

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:45 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Bluemike wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:45 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Can live with that but i can do better than talksport oportunists

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:11 am

Mick McCarthy AGAIN, Valley? :lol: FFS, forget all that. There is nothing to be gained in bringing all that back up.

Roy “king c-ant” Keane and his “Hungarian vision” yes but not Mick.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:26 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:11 am
Mick McCarthy AGAIN, Valley? :lol: FFS, forget all that. There is nothing to be gained in bringing all that back up.

Roy “king c-ant” Keane and his “Hungarian vision” yes but not Mick.
Sure but my point is that there is a constant demand for change of manager. Which up till now has been a shambles for Ipswich. Its part of the reason Evans awarded a 5 year deal to Lambert. It a brutal job at the moment that needs time. Another manager change might be a worse move. End of the season is when eveyone needs to take stock and decisions are made. If Evans feels progress is being made despite the fans opinions then he should stick with Lambert otherwise he should bin him.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 am

Are you serious? The shambles is because Evans hasn’t the nouse to appoint a manager that is any good!
If you think what is happening right now is in any way going to lead to ‘progress’ if we give him ‘time’ you are seriously deluded.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:28 pm

bluejacko wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:55 am
Are you serious? The shambles is because Evans hasn’t the nouse to appoint a manager that is any good!
If you think what is happening right now is in any way going to lead to ‘progress’ if we give him ‘time’ you are seriously deluded.
So what appointment that Evans has made did many Town fans disagree with at the time. All of them had track records of promotion and turning round under performing teams. Its like a complete rewrite of history. I don't think we are far away from Evans and Lambert as being the original source of Covid.

I also don't think Lambert has achieved as much as he should have at Ipswich but i'm not going down the wanton abuse and lack of perspective route that what seems like a mob mentality are now engaged in.

We'll see what a change of manager brings as i think Lambert will go for many similar reasons to MM.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:53 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:28 pm
bluejacko wrote:
So what appointment that Evans has made did many Town fans disagree with at the time. All of them had track records of promotion and turning round under performing teams. Its like a complete rewrite of history. I don't think we are far away from Evans and Lambert as being the original source of Covid.

I also don't think Lambert has achieved as much as he should have at Ipswich but i'm not going down the wanton abuse and lack of perspective route that what seems like a mob mentality are now engaged in.

We'll see what a change of manager brings as i think Lambert will go for many similar reasons to MM.
You're right. Give it enough time and he'll have the honor of dragging the club into the realms of fourth league "football" Team is only going in one direction as long as the manager remains in position. Did you know as it stands we're currently in our lowest position is the structure of the league in some 60 years ? No Town side that hardly few could recall has ever occupied 12th place in the third league or gone as far low as that. Who's fault is that ? You don't really need to pose the question now do you.

On the issue of people disagreeing with each appointment made during Evans tenure as owner it's true that a considerable number wouldn't have disagreed with them at the time but can remember a great many far from pleased about each name brought in. I was largely skeptical of most - and wasn't disappointed.

Manager and owner as originating source of a pandemic that has cost thousands of lives ? Not sure what response for that. Yes they're a pair of f**king balloon heads but try not to trivialize what has been, and is, a serious matter.

Something else in a previous post about giving it time. How much time to do you need, 15 years now of non-events and unmitigated garbage some of us have had more than enough. Don't see how a managerial change also today and right now could feasibly be much worse than what Lambert's doing but OK if you insist.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:39 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:53 pm
valleyroad wrote:
bluejacko wrote:

You're right. Give it enough time and he'll have the honor of dragging the club into the realms of fourth league "football" Team is only going in one direction as long as the manager remains in position. Did you know as it stands we're currently in our lowest position is the structure of the league in some 60 years ? No Town side that hardly few could recall has ever occupied 12th place in the third league or gone as far low as that. Who's fault is that ? You don't really need to pose the question now do you.

On the issue of people disagreeing with each appointment made during Evans tenure as owner it's true that a considerable number wouldn't have disagreed with them at the time but can remember a great many far from pleased about each name brought in. I was largely skeptical of most - and wasn't disappointed.

Manager and owner as originating source of a pandemic that has cost thousands of lives ? Not sure what response for that. Yes they're a pair of f**king balloon heads but try not to trivialize what has been, and is, a serious matter.

Something else in a previous post about giving it time. How much time to do you need, 15 years now of non-events and unmitigated garbage some of us have had more than enough. Don't see how a managerial change also today and right now could feasibly be much worse than what Lambert's doing but OK if you insist.
So given you have been skeptical of every appointment, who exactly of the managers out there that would currently be available to ME would you appoint?
It currently looks like they will have a season max to get promoted ??

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:48 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:39 pm
saint jude wrote:
valleyroad wrote:

You're right. Give it enough time and he'll have the honour of dragging the club into the realms of fourth league "football" Team is only going in one direction as long as the manager remains in position. Did you know as it stands we're currently in our lowest position is the structure of the league in some 60 years ? No Town side that hardly few could recall has ever occupied 12th place in the third league or gone as far low as that. Who's fault is that ? You don't really need to pose the question now do you.

On the issue of people disagreeing with each appointment made during Evans tenure as owner it's true that a considerable number wouldn't have disagreed with them at the time but can remember a great many far from pleased about each name brought in. I was largely sceptical of most - and wasn't disappointed.

So given you have been sceptical of every appointment, who exactly of the managers out there that would currently be available to ME would you appoint?
VR Apart from Burley, all Ipswich's successful managers have been of the older type managers who have worn the T shirt and have excellent knowledge of the players availability market, Like Ramsey, Robson, Royale, etc, all knew what players to bring in to make a team work like clockwork, the only one of Evans appointment's so far who's had some credibility was M McCarthy, he just didn't back Mick at the crucial time when we needed strengthening when in the playoff's position, so if we are to go down the route of a new currently working managers, the likely one's would be of the Warnock, Allardyce, Moyes, type mould, and you have to ask would the Cowley's come here after turning us down once before, Would Paul Cook take a chance on us ??? any manager that's worth his salt would say to Evans, look I'll work with what you've got here, BUT, when I ask for back up with players to bring in to strengthen the squad for a promotion push, I will not expect you to say NO. So there is your Achilles heel with our owner, he doesn't commit at the critical time and hence our current position.

So if Lambert does go who is there out there of any quality who would take up the challenge, I will be very interested in yours and others serious replies to this answer of WHO would take up the challenge?????

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:25 pm

Here's a list of available managers with odds for the Bristol Rovers job:

https://www.thesackrace.com/teams/bristol-rovers

I'm sure if Evans was to sack Lambert, he'd be looking at this list for the next ITFC manager.

Who would you pick?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:50 pm

I sure as hell haven't been keen on all our recent appointments, I bucked the trend with that fuckwit Keane, I knew from day one it would be a disaster and Yet I got dogs abuse for it, he was a disaster waiting to happen and is the main reason we are where we are.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:10 pm

I'm not saying he would be right for Town but I think John McGreal was doing a good job at Colchester, they are certainly not doing as well now, I would like to see him given a chance somewhere.

I think Lambert will be sacked as soon as it's impossible for us to get promoted.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:25 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:48 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:39 pm
saint jude wrote:

You're right. Give it enough time and he'll have the honour of dragging the club into the realms of fourth league "football" Team is only going in one direction as long as the manager remains in position. Did you know as it stands we're currently in our lowest position is the structure of the league in some 60 years ? No Town side that hardly few could recall has ever occupied 12th place in the third league or gone as far low as that. Who's fault is that ? You don't really need to pose the question now do you.

On the issue of people disagreeing with each appointment made during Evans tenure as owner it's true that a considerable number wouldn't have disagreed with them at the time but can remember a great many far from pleased about each name brought in. I was largely sceptical of most - and wasn't disappointed.

So given you have been sceptical of every appointment, who exactly of the managers out there that would currently be available to ME would you appoint?
VR Apart from Burley, all Ipswich's successful managers have been of the older type managers who have worn the T shirt and have excellent knowledge of the players availability market, Like Ramsey, Robson, Royale, etc, all knew what players to bring in to make a team work like clockwork, the only one of Evans appointment's so far who's had some credibility was M McCarthy, he just didn't back Mick at the crucial time when we needed strengthening when in the playoff's position, so if we are to go down the route of a new currently working managers, the likely one's would be of the Warnock, Allardyce, Moyes, type mould, and you have to ask would the Cowley's come here after turning us down once before, Would Paul Cook take a chance on us ??? any manager that's worth his salt would say to Evans, look I'll work with what you've got here, BUT, when I ask for back up with players to bring in to strengthen the squad for a promotion push, I will not expect you to say NO. So there is your Achilles heel with our owner, he doesn't commit at the critical time and hence our current position.

So if Lambert does go who is there out there of any quality who would take up the challenge, I will be very interested in yours and others serious replies to this answer of WHO would take up the challenge?????
So I'm not wholly convinced by the Cowley's. Did well at Lincoln but their time at Huddersfield wasn't overly impressive. Wouldn't rule them out and they may be a possibility. I think Paul Cook would be mad to come to Ipswich and don't think he will. A club like Bristol City should be looking at him. His stock is way too high to come to Ipswich Town at the moment.

Guys like Moyes, Allardyce etc are Premiership/Championship managers. They don't need to take a job like Ipswich. They will get better if they sit it out.

If he was available I'd go for a Tony Mowbray type figure who is capable of doing the job and given where Tony was when he was given the Blackburn job, that type of manager would suit Ipswich. As it is that was Lambert when he got the Ipswich job !!!

Of the list for the Bristol Rovers job, I'd only rate Pearson, Parkinson, Pulis and Monk. I'm not conviced anyone wants them at Ipswich but sacking Lambert may leave that to be the options ???

If I was looking at someone trying to take their first job in management I'd think of a Jody Morris type figure . Someone like Terry is probably way out of reach.

So... I kinda posed the question as I'm first of all not 100% ready to fire the gun on Lambert but I'm also not really convinced of the alternatives.

Wouldn't want to be Evans.

Be interesting to see what others think as many are calling for Lambert to go but would be good to hear the alternatives from people and then see the debate.

Maybe a trip down the type of route Norwich and Huddersfield went with foreign coaches may work but its a big gamble that I'm not sure Evans would really entertain.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:10 pm

I would opt for Paul Cook all day long and I believe he would jump at the chance to come here.