What if Marcus Evans REALLY DOESN'T CARE ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

What if Marcus Evans REALLY DOESN'T CARE ?

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:04 pm

My worse fear is that Marcus Evans really doesn’t care, and I mean REALLY DOESN’T CARE, full stop.

If this is the case he could just decide enough is enough, invest no more money and let the club go to ruin and fall out of the football league. This may sound drastic and highly unlikely, but there are no signs that he’s worried about our situation or that he intends to do anything about it. The first sign if not before will come at the end of the season when we see if he sells any assets, that’s if we have any left.

If this is the route he intends to follow there isn’t much fans can do about it, other than bring it on by not buying anymore season tickets.

Does anybody else think he REALLY DOESN'T CARE, because if he does he’s going a strange way about showing it and I’m not seeing it.

Other threads are all about Lambert and will he or won’t he soon be gone, this one is about Marcus Evans and only Marcus Evans and his future with ITFC.

Tangfastic

Re: What if Marcus Evans REALLY DOESN'T CARE ?

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:28 pm

He did put his hand in his pocket and got 4 loanees in last month. Would he do that if had enough?

It could well be his own events business is struggling to survive during the pandemic and ITFC are way, way down the priority list.

Could well be there’s a game going on between Evans and Lambert. Who blinks first - will Evans sack him first or will Lambert resign first?

Worrying, though.... I’d imagine Evans doesn’t want the club and regrets ever getting involved with it.

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:32 pm

I think that when he bought the club he really did see it as an asset to his corporation provided that he would be able to entertain his clients to Premier matches.

As we all know, he made one mistake after another because he didn't really have a clue about running a football club.

So I think that after it became obvious to him that Premier football was beyond reason in the short term at least, he resigned himself to having the club as the loss making arm of his empire meaning that he was better able to keep his shareholders happy.

But now - well maybe he really does not care any more, it certainly seems that way. That being the case, unless somebody comes along and buys him out then I really fear for the future of the club. He has always said that he would be prepared to sell if the sale was in the best interests of the club - what we need is a consortium of Town fans to get together and test him out by making an offer.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:05 pm

I think it's worth remembering that ME gets a big payoff if we ever get back into the Premier league. You'll remember that the Aviva debt was written down to a very small amount in relation to being paid back to Aviva but in our books all of this debt is still technically due to ME from the riches that we would get, but never actually due if we don't get there or the club wasn't taken over by a new investor.

This last point I think is the key because the less likely ME sees it to be for us to get promoted back to the PL, the lower a payoff he would probably accept from another investor to sell and lose this 'asset'.

I am sure he is just as aware of these things as he always was. However the longer things continue without promotion, the stronger the incentive to get the club operating at break even. Ironically, the salary cap might have secretly been a dream come true for his accountants, if he has already written off our chances of success.

This whole post has been about finance, not about football - because I don't think ME is particularly interested in the football side.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:46 pm

It's a sobering thought that the owner of your club doesn't care, buts it's also not beyond the realms of possibility given how he is failing to act with this current crisis. Call me daft but I'll be amazed if Lambert is still here come Saturday, at least it would be a sign that he does care a bit.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:46 pm
It's a sobering thought that the owner of your club doesn't care, buts it's also not beyond the realms of possibility given how he is failing to act with this current crisis. Call me daft but I'll be amazed if Lambert is still here come Saturday, at least it would be a sign that he does care a bit.

..... and if that happens Mike I guess we can lock this thread, at least for the time being.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:20 pm

I'd let it run Andy, a good topic of debate

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm

If someone puts 110 million pound of there own money into something they have to care. Any thoughts that he would let the club and his investment just go i find crazy. ME has been badly advised and been badly damaged by so called football people especially his managers and chief executives. In the world of business huge success in the world of football huge failier.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:17 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm
If someone puts 110 million pound of there own money into something they have to care. Any thoughts that he would let the club and his investment just go i find crazy. ME has been badly advised and been badly damaged by so called football people especially his managers and chief executives. In the world of business huge success in the world of football huge failier.
I have no sympathy for Evans. I mean, investing money in any unknown venture is a risk. People keep talking about Evans success as a business man, but his apparent incompetence of owning a football club is obvious. Another example of a bad business decisions is Evans giving Lambert a 5 year contract!...especially when you look at Lambert's managing record. Evan's official statements over the years have reeked of ambiguous plans adapted from "The Idiot Guide to Running a Football Club". Five point plans and green shoots sound great at a press conference, but if you don't have a f**king clue of how to implement those plans it's a farce. Oh yeah I forgot, thank you Mr Evans for saving Ipswich Town FC.......................................f*ck that!

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:32 pm

number 9 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:17 pm
Tinytown wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm
I have no sympathy for Evans. I mean, investing money in any unknown venture is a risk. People keep talking about Evans success as a business man, but his apparent incompetence of owning a football club is obvious. Another example of a bad business decisions is Evans giving Lambert a 5 year contract!...especially when you look at Lambert's managing record. Evan's official statements over the years have reeked of ambiguous plans adapted from "The Idiot Guide to Running a Football Club". Five point plans and green shoots sound great at a press conference, but if you don't have a f**king clue of how to implement those plans it's a farce. Oh yeah I forgot, thank you Mr Evans for saving Ipswich Town FC.......................................f*ck that!
So we agree then. :?

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:24 am

Evans may be a competent businessman is some areas but regards "running" or ownership of a "football" club it's a f**king disaster. I look at Marcus Evans ability to make good in this particular field, seems the individual's just out of it's depth. Taking control here was a mistake from day one, incredible this circus has been ongoing for some thirteen years.

It's not that Evans doesn't care, say again we're far from a #1 priority given his other enterprises. Must be way down the list as to the time and endeavor he puts into other activities within his control. Is he going to come out and declare "I don't give a f*ck" ? Guessing no, many of us realize the interest seems or is minimal but concur with an earlier reply he can only hope and is eager to sell up when possible and free himself of the club.

100 million of debt within the team if correct, that requires to be cleared. Right now you'd either have to be a masochist or mighty adventurous (for any potential investors) to want to take ownership / responsibility of this club as it stands.