When do you think Evans will sack the hapless Lambert?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

valleyroad

Re: When do you think Evans will sack the hapless Lambert?

Post by valleyroad » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:10 pm
I would opt for Paul Cook all day long and I believe he would jump at the chance to come here.
Yes i agree if Cook was prepared to take the Ipswich job he'd be a great appointment. I hope you are right that he would jump at the chance. I tend to think he will have better options but would love to be wrong

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:38 am

Got to admit I’m surprised Cook hasn’t been snapped up yet. Would have thought a Championship club would have been in for him.

Just a thought .... is there a chance that we’ve already got someone lined up to take over - even at the end of the season or whenever clauses have been triggered? I can’t see Lambert being in charge for the start of next season. It’s gone too far, even if we get on a good run and make the playoffs ( however unlikely that is). The relationship looks irreparable and I would expect Lambert would be happy to move on (especially with a pay-off and maybe his reputation not entirely in tatters).

Cook or the Cowleys I’d be happy with. Can’t help feel Cook is looking for something better than us.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:03 am

I can't see the attraction in the Cowleys if I'm honest, yes did well at Lincoln, not so great since then and they play a brand of hoofball that we as a club are supposedly trying to come away from. I would be disappointed with them should it happen.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:03 am
I can't see the attraction in the Cowleys if I'm honest, yes did well at Lincoln, not so great since then and they play a brand of hoofball that we as a club are supposedly trying to come away from. I would be disappointed with them should it happen.
I’m not totally convinced by the Cowleys myself, but I’d prefer them to other candidates.

In many ways, I’m resigned to us not getting promoted and Lambert being here all season. With the scrapping of the salary cap, maybe we’d be better of starting again next season, hopefully under new better management. I think this maybe the selling point for season tickets next year - a new start in League One under new management. Who ... haven’t a clue, but I’d go for Cook if possible.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:04 pm

Agree with all of that Tang, sadly I think this is how we are heading, a third season scrabbing around in this poxy League.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Obviously had nothing better to do. :roll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:28 pm

To be honest that is quite embarrassing, i can see ME ringing PL and saying. Sorry your sacked, there are 4 people at the gates demanding you go!! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:52 pm

Embarrassing is an understatement. Who are these arseholes?
Mevans, find out and take their seasons tickets away from them.
Hopefully that doesn’t go viral across the footballing forums........ that is more than embarrassing. Fkn idiots.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:34 pm

What a group of idiots. My wife, who's Irish, has a great phrase for people who make fools of themselves: 'I'm scarlet for them.'

Andym

Post by Andym » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:02 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:03 am
I rarely comment on potential managers until they are here, largely because I don't know enough about them But I agree about the Cowleys and their "style" of football. Not for me.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:09 am

I want to make it quite clear that I do not under any circumstances agree with or condone the actions of the fools with the flares, totally idiotic and unacceptable, however the only thing I will say in their defence is that at least they are backing up their grievances against Evans and Lambert unlike the rest of us who moan on and on season after season and do nothing, it's a shame they went about it in totally the wrong way.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:04 pm

The only good that came from it was....Training was suspended so nobody else got injured. :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:50 pm

“Training suspended, Paul?”

“Aye that’s right.”

“Care to enlighten us?”

“Am no here to potentially have rockets fired at me, ok?!”

“Yeah, fair dos, Paul. That actually happened. You ain’t making that sh*t up. Saw it. Heard it. No worries.”

“Aye, but tonight, I’ll go. Tellin ye now. I’ll go.”

“Where? To the game?”

“Naw, you ken what am talking about. I’ll Flippin go.”

“Erm. .... yyyyeah, Ok, Paul. Whatever. Good luck tonight.”

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:43 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:09 am
I want to make it quite clear that I do not under any circumstances agree with or condone the actions of the fools with the flares, totally idiotic and unacceptable, however the only thing I will say in their defence is that at least they are backing up their grievances against Evans and Lambert unlike the rest of us who moan on and on season after season and do nothing, it's a shame they went about it in totally the wrong way.
Yeah maybe but aren't they supposed to be staying at home to keep pressure off the NHS?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Quite possibly yes, assuming they aren't from the same household/bubble.
Sadly there are very few who have adhered to those rules, especially in the world of football so when idiots see players etc flouting the rules it's a sure thing dunderheads will follow suit.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 pm

Can't see what they were hoping to achieve. Lambert or Evans wouldn't have taken a single step to aid their intentions, in fact probably brought about more ridicule to the club we don't need rather than providing assistance. Whatever they could hope to achieve was as much non-existent from the moment they set out.

How many times has fans of the club gone out with the intention to set a message to club hierarchy during the last say five years by way of any means you could think up or indeed undertaken. You can admire to a point the enthusiasm, that someone has got off their as* and attempted to make a difference but not to waste further time it's ultimately going to be futile. Actions can and will only be taken when results have become so intolerable that a decision is made where either the manager walks away or forced from position.

r.e. the Cook issue : how many Paul's have come in and f*cked up now. Jewell, Hurst, Lambert : we don't need another. Took a view of his coaching record few days back. Nothing outstanding, never been involved with any large team set-up and while may possess more motivation and awareness of what we got now, it's tough to draw conclusions on what may go ahead. Been out of work for what six months, why hasn't been snapped up by now if so sought-after. Don't think him and this club would be a good match, believe he'd be looking for a challenge with brighter prospects. Not to mention an owner that could supply funds to work with. If he's looking to expand don't think we'd be the most suitable choice or proposition for it.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 pm

What a pathetic demonstration, I wonder how many there were or was it just both of them.

As for a potential manager I’m struggling where to start. At our level it’s almost a case of who wants to work in League One, and if they’re any good be prepared to risk their reputation at a club with no investment money. I can’t imagine a very long list.

Yes I’m sure the Crowley Brothers would but I can’t stand them and don’t understand why their names keep being mentioned. Maybe we need to look beyond the UK although again I’d not know where to start. Maybe Evans is in the same boat which is why he’s hanging onto Paul Lambert.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:53 pm

We say "what did these idiots hope to achieve", well following on from hitting Sky Sports, talksport, Daily Mail, ITV and BBC we now have this from a player who is ITFC through and through so for me it is achieving a lot which is what we need if we are to remove Lambert....

Former Blues striker Darren Bent says something’s got to change at Portman Road with fans telling him that “the soul’s been ripped out of the football club” and people he knows at Town also unhappy.

Independent supporters group Blue Action staged the protest at which a flare led to a small fire causing training to be interrupted for 10 minutes, a development which Bent feels is untypical of Town and its support.

“People are obviously not happy with the football that they’re seeing,” Bent said on talkSPORT. “Last season, they completely fell off, were in position to get promoted and it didn’t happen.

“And listen, Ipswich Town is a club which is close to my heart, I started there, I still look back at their results, I still speak to a number of people associated with the football club, and they’re clearly not happy.

“And we’re talking about people at this football club that are some of the nicest people you’d meet, they’re not people who are argumentative, all they want to do is see what’s best for Ipswich Town and Ipswich Town hopefully get themselves back promoted.

“And they feel like the core of the club is being ripped out, whether that’s the owner or the manager, they’re not happy. To be fair, they’re not happy with both.

“As I say, I still speak to a number of people there, the fact that we’re seeing flares and they’re having to suspend training, people are protesting, this is not something which is usually associated with Ipswich Town Football Club, that is for sure.

“There’s always been a nice relationship between the club and the supporters. Well now it’s gone completely sour.

“So, I think in order for this situation to get resolved something’s got to change because this can’t continue.”

He added: “I think right now, the number of Ipswich Town fans that I speak to, they’re basically saying that they feel like the soul’s been ripped out of the football club.

“And I think when people start using those sorts of words, it’s not very good at all. It’s not good and somehow something needs to change because this is a club that shouldn’t be sitting in League One, they’ve been down there for far too long.

“The fact that this is going on, they’ve had a couple of cracks at getting promoted and it hasn’t quite happened, is sad and obviously these are where people’s frustrations are coming in because for a club like Ipswich Town, flares and protests, this is not something that used to being seen.”

Asked what he thinks will change, whether owner Marcus Evans will sell up, he continued: “It doesn’t seem like it, it doesn’t seem he’s going anywhere. He seems to be quite friendly with Paul Lambert.

“The general consensus amongst supporters and the people associated with the club is that Lambert’s got to to go, that they’re not happy with him.

“That’s not just coming from supporters, that’s people associated with the football club. As I said, if you ever speak to some of these people that are involved with Ipswich Town Football Club, they’ve not got a bad word to say about anybody, and they’re not happy.

“When you start going to the core of a football club, all football clubs have got their mainstays that have been there for ages, that were there when I was there when I was a kid, even if I went back now the same people would be there, whether that’s security or whatever.

“And when those people are not happy, something’s got to change because that can’t continue. The worse it gets, the further and further Ipswich will keep going down, and that can’t happen. For a club that size in League One, that’s not good enough.”

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:27 pm

saint jude wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:14 pm
Took a view of his coaching record few days back. Nothing outstanding, never been involved with any large team set-up and while may possess more motivation and awareness of what we got now, it's tough to draw conclusions on what may go ahead.
I certainly didn’t post anything because several very knowledgable forum members are singing his praises, and reckon he’s the man........ but I’m glad you raise this, Saint Jude.
From my own personal Paul Cook checks......., 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️, I’m not seeing it myself.

I DID see potential with Hurst...... his magical work turning Shrewsbury into a quality side was inspiring .... (no idea why he failed as bad as he did at ITFC)...... but Paul Cook? Hmmm. Not sure at all.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 pm

Tinytown wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:04 pm
The only good that came from it was....Training was suspended so nobody else got injured. :shock:
I think training has been suspended all season! :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 pm

Marcus Evans interviewed about recent fans protest at Playford Road:

Reporter: Mr Evans we're getting reports of fire works at the club. Can you comment?
Evans: Yes, yes there's a lot of unrest with the fans at the moment causing fire works among many.
Reporter: No sir, I mean actual 'Fire Works' going off at practice!
Evans: Yes, yes some of the new loans have energized the players somewhat. Paul is very optimistic.
Reporter: Have you not read the reports, sir?
Evans: Yes, yes a frozen pitch they say. Not to worry, we'll make up the Shrewsbury match with a fully fit squad I'm sure.
Reporter: No Mr Evans I'm talking about the fans protest at Playford Road??
Evans: Yes, yes superb training facilities at Playford Road. A great venue for Paul to mold the team into a fighting force.
Reporter: I give up!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:21 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:45 pm
Marcus Evans interviewed about recent fans protest at Playford Road:

Reporter: Mr Evans we're getting reports of fire works at the club. Can you comment?
Evans: Yes, yes there's a lot of unrest with the fans at the moment causing fire works among many.
Reporter: No sir, I mean actual 'Fire Works' going off at practice!
Evans: Yes, yes some of the new loans have energized the players somewhat. Paul is very optimistic.
Reporter: Have you not read the reports, sir?
Evans: Yes, yes a frozen pitch they say. Not to worry, we'll make up the Shrewsbury match with a fully fit squad I'm sure.
Reporter: No Mr Evans I'm talking about the fans protest at Playford Road??
Evans: Yes, yes superb training facilities at Playford Road. A great venue for Paul to mold the team into a fighting force.
Reporter: I give up!
:lol: :lol: Mevans the politician!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:36 pm

Former Wigan boss Paul Cook is the early favourite to become the next manager of Sky Bet Championship side Bristol City. Probably a bitter blow for anyone hoping he would be our next manager following the departure of Paul Lambert.

Next permanent Bristol City manager (odds via Sky Bet)

Paul Cook - 5/4
Alex Neil - 6/1
Eddie Howe - 7/1
Danny Cowley - 10/1
Michael Appleton - 10/1

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:38 pm

The lack of response from Evans is deafening isn't it .

I cant see how Lambert can possibly survive his comments last night .....unless Evans has made an almighty c*ck up wit Lambert's contract and he cant get out of it ...which Id find almost impossible to believe of him